Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR hijack Newcastle's move for Remy

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Harry Redknapp attempted to sign Remy for Tottenham last season. Maybe he had informal discussions with the player, perfectly legal without Rosie being involved at all, and Remy liked what he heard. But the deal didn't get done because Levy couldn't agree a deal. And now Redknapp is back on the case, whispered his magic words into Remy's ear and BOOM, deal done.

I'm thinking Demba Ba. Hoffenheim to West Ham for £6million, free transfer release clause for relegation.

Harry Redknapp has no idea about players.

He has one list of players he takes from club to club

He even hire's the same head scout.

Having seen how redknapp works in transfers, there are no magic words. just cash

D

Deleted member 18477

not bottom of the league, play infront of 52,000 fans and to play with cabeye, ben arfa and p.cisse?

bottom of the league, play infront of 18,000 fans and to play with derry, taraabt and d.cisse?

newcastle would have hardly offered him peanuts. Remy, you're a knob!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Redknapp two weeks ago

There are a lot of players at this club who earn far too much money for what they are; far, far, far too much money for their ability and what they give to the club.

"I don't really want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past. There's a lot of agents made money out of them."

redknapp today spanks 70k a week on an average French striker
Superb. Says it all really.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Harry Redknapp has no idea about players.

He has one list of players he takes from club to club

He even hire's the same head scout.

Having seen how redknapp works in transfers, there are no magic words. just cash

How, exactly, have you "seen how Redknapp works"? And what's wrong with taking your trusted staff with you? Presumably, his chief scout from Spurs was someone he trusted and he believed shared his view on what constitutes a good player. You've posted an awful lot of anti-Redknapp stuff since his departure, which I find strange considering he took Tottenham from believing they're a big club, to actually proving it on the pitch.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
How, exactly, have you "seen how Redknapp works"? And what's wrong with taking your trusted staff with you? Presumably, his chief scout from Spurs was someone he trusted and he believed shared his view on what constitutes a good player. You've posted an awful lot of anti-Redknapp stuff since his departure, which I find strange considering he took Tottenham from believing they're a big club, to actually proving it on the pitch.

Redknapp Signs the same players or tries to everywhere....

No matter what the situation, Defoe, Crouch, Parker, Joe Cole, Beckham, Gallas etc.

He also alienated half the spurs support with his stupid comments, even worse tactics, The inferior AVB (according to the media) has us in 4th with a worse squad, Redknapp wasted a talented squad two seasons in a row, this of course wasnt his fault.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They are on the verge of signing Vann M'vila also. Both will obviously have relatively sound relegation release clauses written in.

Harry Redknapp attempted to sign Remy for Tottenham last season. ... But the deal didn't get done because Levy couldn't agree a deal. And now Redknapp is back on the case, whispered his magic words into Remy's ear and BOOM, deal done.

dont be silly, you cant say that, its not anti-Redknapp.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

No matter what the situation, Defoe, Crouch, Parker, Joe Cole, Beckham, Gallas etc.

So out of those 6 He has only ever signed Crouch and Defoe a second time i believe.. Crouch was already at Southampton when Redknapp joined.

He has never signed Joe Cole or Beckham

He has only signed Parker and Gallas once (at his last club), so any attempt to re-sign them is the FIRST.

I don't think 2 players being re-signed is much to go on, especially when the manager has managed 7 clubs.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

He also alienated half the spurs support with his stupid comments, even worse tactics, The inferior AVB (according to the media) has us in 4th with a worse squad, Redknapp wasted a talented squad two seasons in a row, this of course wasnt his fault.

And what's the problem with that? Defoe is a deadly striker, Crouch is a Premier League quality link up man, Parker speaks for himself, Joe Cole was quality for West Ham last week but admittedly needs a proper run to prove his worth and as for Gallas, well... he's been Tottenham's best central defender since he signed hasn't he? I like Michael Dawson, but Gallas has played a whole lot more and he has been a bit important hasn't he?

Stupid comments and worse tactics, examples of either? Tactically he's not a Mourinho, but he produces teams which attack and which win more than they lose. Tottenham, obviously, being the best example of that with a higher standard of player. The transformation of Gareth Bale from dodgy left back in World Class winger happened under Redknapp and Modric shone like a beacon. As for AVB having an inferior squad, Hugo Lloris is better than Friedel, Vertonghen is better than Gallas AND Dawson whilst Dembele and Dempsey are proven Premier League players. So, that's a whole lot stronger to me, where's it weaker? The loss of Modric? One player. Nobody else left who would have been in the team did they? I didn't even mention Sigurdsson who doesn't even get a game.

dont be silly, you cant say that, its not anti-Redknapp.

Which is totally unacceptable! I don't think he's the messiah, and I do question his sense of ethics... but you can not argue about the job he did with Tottenham. Their followers have a sense of grandeur based on very little, traditionally, and their beliefs about their club are massively out of proportion with reality. Pretty much all clubs suffer from that problem though to be fair.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And what's the problem with that? Defoe is a deadly striker, Crouch is a Premier League quality link up man, Parker speaks for himself, Joe Cole was quality for West Ham last week but admittedly needs a proper run to prove his worth and as for Gallas, well... he's been Tottenham's best central defender since he signed hasn't he? I like Michael Dawson, but Gallas has played a whole lot more and he has been a bit important hasn't he?

Stupid comments and worse tactics, examples of either? Tactically he's not a Mourinho, but he produces teams which attack and which win more than they lose. Tottenham, obviously, being the best example of that with a higher standard of player. The transformation of Gareth Bale from dodgy left back in World Class winger happened under Redknapp and Modric shone like a beacon. As for AVB having an inferior squad, Hugo Lloris is better than Friedel, Vertonghen is better than Gallas AND Dawson whilst Dembele and Dempsey are proven Premier League players. So, that's a whole lot stronger to me, where's it weaker? The loss of Modric? One player. Nobody else left who would have been in the team did they? I didn't even mention Sigurdsson who doesn't even get a game.

Which is totally unacceptable! I don't think he's the messiah, and I do question his sense of ethics... but you can not argue about the job he did with Tottenham. Their followers have a sense of grandeur based on very little, traditionally, and their beliefs about their club are massively out of proportion with reality. Pretty much all clubs suffer from that problem though to be fair.

The same Bale he tried to sell to Ajax/Fulham?

With our starting CB, Left Back Out for most of the season, Dembele out for much the start of the season no Pav, Niko, Bassong (Who redknapp pissed off with his magical man management skills) Dempsey isnt fit to lace VDV's boots, Siggi has looked Championship standard as well.

you cant argue with plying players out of position, not rotating, playing shattered players and blowing a 10 point lead?

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
I don't blame Remy for going there. He was offered the same as Demba Ba was offered to stay; 40k a week basic, with 20k appearance and 10k goal bonus on offer. That's a very good70k offer in my eyes! However, QPR have offered him something between 70k to 100k a week basic! How on earth can they afford that? I rate Remy, but for a lad that hasn't even scored this season, I do wonder how they think that deal can be sustainable.

He has a relegation release clause in this contract, meaning he could do a Ba and leave on a free when they go down anyway. As a poster has already said, QPR have all the ingredients to be the next Portsmouth

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I don't blame Remy for going there. He was offered the same as Demba Ba was offered to stay; 40k a week basic, with 20k appearance and 10k goal bonus on offer. That's a very good70k offer in my eyes! However, QPR have offered him something between 70k to 100k a week basic! How on earth can they afford that? I rate Remy, but for a lad that hasn't even scored this season, I do wonder how they think that deal can be sustainable.

He has a relegation release clause in this contract, meaning he could do a Ba and leave on a free when they go down anyway. As a poster has already said, QPR have all the ingredients to be the next Portsmouth

Thats the sort of contracts that Mike Ashley is trying to instill at Newcastle. Performance related pay..... a good idea but I'm afraid he's pissing in the wind all the time there are clubs like QPR and their desperate chairman will throw big wages straight at the player.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Redknapp two weeks ago

There are a lot of players at this club who earn far too much money for what they are; far, far, far too much money for their ability and what they give to the club.

"I don't really want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past. There's a lot of agents made money out of them."

Nailed it, Kinky.

Still, as 'The Tron' has already attested: 'Arry definitely AIN'T no wheeler dealer. No siree bob.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Redknapp two weeks ago

While I agree with you on the whole, it's a bit harsh to categorise Rémy as an average French striker.

He has been a success at Champions League level and has scored goals for the national side. The problem is he is injury-prone otherwise he would have far bigger and better clubs than QPR after him.

Doesn't alter the fact that I'd be deeply concerned about the club's wages if I was a QPR fan.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Presume Remy will play half a blinding game and then be injured. Harry will have his excuse and the late Rosie will help bury the juicy bone that appeared around the same time the contract was signed.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
A lot of people here in the know about contract details including wages and 'free' relegation release clauses on a player we've not signed yet!!

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Can't blame Remy who'd want to go to a wee club in the north east!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
5live football summed it upped nicely last night. The stirring presenter put it forward that it was victory for QPR over declining NU.

The ex footballers laughed, and reminded the bullshitter, that Remy had clearly said the day before he had no interest in joining QPR the bottom club.
All about the wages - desperate Fernandez throwing more knee jerk wages at Remy far in excess of NUs offer, with a release clause if relegated.

All about the ££££££ wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here