Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR fans getting ahead of themselves...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lofter - all unbeaten home records come to an end at some time or another.

As for being so far in front, ask Chesterfield about us being 17 points adrift of them and us winning the 3rd division championship. That doesn't include their 10 point deduction either. We still made up the difference and won by two clear points.

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
THIS IS IT IN FULL...SIMON, THERE IS STILL APPROX 5 MONTHS TO GO YET!!

Don't know about you, but I'm scared(!)....
.................................................................................
QPR v The Albion
Preview............

In terms of monster games, this Saturday's is quite simply a Godzilla! A beast of a match for The Albion, and a golden opportunity to re-establish our automatic promotion credentials.

The spine is tingling and the hairs are already standing up on the back of my neck as I look forward to the biggest game of our season so far, and suddenly things have got even more exciting with the news of Mark McGhee's latest signing...............

There was no doubt after last weeks bore-draw that we are in desperate need of a big, bustling, bruising target-man to partner Leon Knight in attack, and this morning we learnt that Mark McGhee and our old friend Micky Adams have got their heads together, and the result is good news indeed!
Big Trevor Benjamin, six foot two and built like a brick out-house, joins us, initially on a months loan, from The Foxes. A proven goalscorer and a handful for defenders up and down the country, Benjamin strikes me as just the man we need to complement the skill of Knight and the graft of McPhee, and there is little doubt in my mind that he will go straight into the team for this Saturday.
Boy will he be fired up!
24 years old, and gagging for first team action and the chance to show what he is capable of. He must be well chuffed at having come to such a magnificent club, after previous loan spells at two rather 'pony' clubs. He had to endure Gillingham, and as we know, that place inspires nothing, and he also had to endure Rushden and Diamonds, a place you send the likes of Paul Kitson, and not quality players like Benjamin.
Now, at last, he will know what it is like to be part of a legendary club with legendary fans.
He's gonna love it!

There's hardly a seat left to be had in Loftus Road this Saturday, but you can be sure that the noise will all be coming from our end, as Albion fans, already pumped right up for this one, now have even more reason to be optimistic. Despite the best efforts of the stewards to spoil everyone's day (as usual), nothing is going to get in the way of every Seagulls fan shouting and singing themselves hoarse as Big Trevor and Little Leon bring home the bacon!

Suddenly, last week is forgotten, and all roads lead to Shepherds Bush as the new-look, new-attitude Albion are about to come crashing back into the big picture!

QPR..............Prepare for an onslaught!
Your 2nd spot is under attack, and there is no doubt in my mind..............

WE ARE GOING UP.......AUTOMATICALLY!

Simon

:shootself

Last edited:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
QPR form.
Recent form - last 6 matches
League 1 2 3 4 5 6
Home W W W W W W

Albion form
Recent form - last 6 matches
League 1 2 3 4 5 6
Away L L W D L L

Last edited:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
The fact that QPR have won their last 6 matches at Home means nothing ! these records always come to an end sooner or later and QPR are due a defeat at Home.

Benjamin I suspect will be similar to Henderson, good physical presence but perhaps not as good as McPhee with ball retention, but then again we will need that against Shittu & Craplisle.

The worrying thins for me is no left sided Midfield player ! with both Piercy & Jones out ! McGhee needs to think about perhaps playing Harding otherwise we could get bogged down like last week against Oldham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here