Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR fans getting ahead of themselves...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Bozza said:
I'm afraid I'd have to agree. They have all the form, we have none.

This season's Crystal Palace anyone?

5-0 to the Albion.

We can do them!!

:clap2:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I can't get to many away games due to work, family and the fact that home games are a 200 mile round trip and having a season ticket I go to all the games at Withdean.

My last 2 away games were Brentford in October and Palace last season. Haven't seen us score away for 3 years. The bad news for the Albion is that I have a ticket for Loftus Road.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
According to the " Trafalagar Square Pigeon Posse " no less, QPR are threatening to

"We ran you 'gulls two months ago and we'll do it again this week."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
cheshunt seagull said:

My last 2 away games were Brentford in October and Palace last season. Haven't seen us score away for 3 years. The bad news for the Albion is that I have a ticket for Loftus Road.

:eek: have we had worse performances than those two games in the last 10 years?? Please don't go :ohmy:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's ok Icy. It only happens when Cheshunt goes in October.

It's January now

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
I really think we are going to do them! If Danny Shittu or Clarke (Glug-glug) Carlisle touch Leon, Trev, Danny and Charlie will batter them (check the Official Site, it says more or less the same thing...)!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:salute: QPR SCUM :salute:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
... add to the fact there will be 3,500 Albion fans baying for Shittu's blood...:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

COME ON THE YELLOWS!

Simon

Jul 5, 2003
Just as a matter of interest............

What benefit does one get from being negative about ones teams chances?

I only ask, because I don't know what it feels like, and I wondered if maybe I was missing out on something that would make life even better.

Is it the chance to say..."Told you so", that negative people relish, or is it just that they like fearing the worst for some reason?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
cheshunt seagull said:
Sorry, Jan 2002 Brentford away, I was there

That's it then. You're barred from going :p

All bad things have to come to an end sometime.

There was a bloke called Scousefan who every game he went to (could only get to away games and that rarely) we lost. Then he went to Peterbough April 2002 and we won that and the championship.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Simon said:
Just as a matter of interest............

What benefit does one get from being negative about ones teams chances?

I only ask, because I don't know what it feels like, and I wondered if maybe I was missing out on something that would make life even better.

Is it the chance to say..."Told you so", that negative people relish, or is it just that they like fearing the worst for some reason?

I'm not sure I get any more benefit about my negative feelings for this game than I got for being positive about the Oldham game where, I recall, I went for 3-0 to us in the SFL (mailing list predictions competition).

In my eyes we have been extraordinarily ordinary more often than not this season. And I'm being somewhat kind there. QPR are a decent team and they're in good form. My view is that we are a decent enough team but most certainly in poor form. I don't think we will win. Of course I want us to win and I'll be delighted if we do, but I don't think we will. I guess you'd call it realism.

"Told you so" - I don't get it. Told who what, exactly? I have nothing to gain emotionally from an Albion defeat.

Corals are offering 4/7 on a QPR win, whilst an Albion victory is priced up at 9/2. The bookies get it right more than they get it wrong.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am positive with Benjamin now starting - big threat, if we can score early might unsettle them.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
We are going to win on Saturday - this is our turning point. Going to Loftus Road will be the start of great things for us.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Having been to the LDV match I must say that QPR are eminently beatable. Despite the experimental lineup, we weren't outclassed that day. If the Ref is any good (ie. doesn't put up with Shittu's 'tackling' :glare: ) then we are in with a chance of a result.

I'm really looking forward to going now!!

:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I wish more of you had videoed the game back in August when we beat them at Withdean.

They are not that much better than us. We even went 0-1 down and came back to win.

Keep the faith as Micky would say.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:
I wish more of you had videoed the game back in August when we beat them at Withdean.

They are not that much better than us. We even went 0-1 down and came back to win.

Keep the faith as Micky would say.

I don't think we can make a full judgement on QPR based on 90 minutes play against us. Even the 180 minutes that takes in the LDV game - a season is a lot longer than that and on any given day any team can be below par or going through a bad patch.

I didn't particularly rate Plymouth in our 3-3 draw with them. The table shows how wrong any "They're going nowhere" verdict I might have made would have been.

How many times did we hear opposing fans say "That Zamora was really quiet and was nothing special" ? Their sole case was built on the 90 minutes of him they'd seen.

Lofter

Jan 15, 2004
Keep dreaming. Don't forget it was a ten man QPR you beat earlier in the season, and we beat you just a matter of weeks ago. We've won seven home games in a row and, conceded only three goals at home and failed to score once (ironically against Wycombe). We have also played shite for five games and managed to take ten points. And sadly for you, we had a sneak preview of mighty Trev the week before last. He didn't get a sniff.

Face facts - this is a big game for you but it isn't for us. If we beat you, we'll be 15 points clear and you're not going to make that up, so your hopes of auto will be gone. If the unlikely happens and you do win, at worst we'll still be five points clear in second.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Haven't read any posts in this thread but I will only say f*** em!! We'll go there and do a smash and grab and get back to sussex with the three points.

They've got to lose a home game sooner rather than later so why not to us ? Got a good feeling about Saturday.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
We are well overdue a decent result on a big London awayday. This could be watershed in a season which has been meandering along. We must play it tight, be highly competitive in midfield, and Leon must take the chances which he will get as we break. I think big Trevor will make a big psychological difference to us as he will be able to hold the ball up and make a serious nuisance of himself up front. His presence will also mean that we don't have to send Guy or Danny up front for corners.

We can get something out of this game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here