Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Q: Who is the only club in The Championship without a new signing so far?...

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
My biggest worry is that we will encounter teams in this league that have two pacey front men,in the league last year we very rarely if at all faced this problem and with Big Guy we dont have the fastest of centre backs do we,that has to be addressed straight away.

In Midfield we have some good players and in Paul Reid we could have an excellent player,but he is not exactly an attacking midfield player is he,and we certainly need one in this division.

Up front we have Leon,who has talent to spare,but instead of gettoing kicked in the air every time,he will be tightly marked and once we are a couple of goals down so his head goes down.
Along side him we have no one at the moment,Ok we all say JR but he struggled in Div2 and is nowhere near ready for this standard yet,McPhee,well I am afraid I dont know if he is up to it either,Piercy who is another one who has a good ten minutes and then nothing for 5 games.

I could go on and on,but I think we need at least 4 players who are proven in this Division to have a chance of staying in it.

Last time we were up here we had a much better side and still went down.

Pull your finger out MM before its to late

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Dear LI,

As I said earlier, MM publicly stated that he thought we should sign 4 new players... this is the plan I and many others on here want him to stick to... and before the season starts...

His more recent comments re sorting out the contracts of current players first DOES make sense in an ideal world, but we have less than 4 weeks to go now b4 the big KO, and I know that he knows that he can't wait for every last current player contract to be sorted before he gets other players in...

If he does insist on following this simplistic latter plan, then we will not be well-prepared for the start of the season... in this scenario with no new and better players, we are heading for a poor start, and we will be even less likely to get players in... we may even start to lose our best players... and we need every point we can get, don't want to be playing catch-up again...

There you are... I have outright disagreed with MM on his latest warblings... and I stand by his earlier well-thought-out comments...

In short, and as I said before, many on here are aligned with his thoughts re the need for squad strengthening... you, on the other hand, are over-optimistic and unrealistic with regards to this issue...

Wake up!...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to me it could well be, just this once, Falmer-decision related. If the Community Stadium gets the green light, then maybe the money tap will be turned on and 'The Championship' becomes the place the club needs to be positioned in for the next couple of years. If the decision is 'No' then all bets are off, the board will almost certainly resign and in that eventuality who could begrudge them spending a penny on team strengthening?

And just to keep banging on - for we must - IF NO DECISION IS ANNOUNCED BEFORE THE LABOUR PARTY CONFERENCE AT THE BACK END OF SEPTEMBER THEN THE DECISION IS ALMOST CERTAINLY A 'NO' AND ALL OF BRIGHTON'S LABOUR MPS MUST BE KICKED INTO TOUCH (NOTHING PERSOANL INNIT) AND THE SEAGULL PARTY MUST POINT OUT IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS HOW LITTLE LOCAL DEMOCRACY MEANS IN PRACTICAL TERMS.

That's how important the decision is to the local electorate. Don't let the fookers off the hook

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
m20gull said:
Question is - would you rather see us lose at Leeds or win at Torquay on an Tuesday night?

No-brainer

A win against Torquay anyday :)

What the point of going to all these great grounds if we lose ALL the time? That's no fun, believe me

b.w.2. said:
you, on the other hand, are over-optimistic and unrealistic with regards to this issue...Wake up!...

I'm the over-optimistic and unrealistic one, am I? I guess if you use weird Orwellian definitions, then that might be true. Will posters like you ever have the intellectual honesty to address the financial realities the club finds itself in?

Yorkie really has hit the nail on the end with her references to enjoyment.

It is a matter of, what, five or six weeks since our promotion, I am still grinning in a fairly inane way at the staggering scale of that achievement. When I look at this season's fixture list I am filled with an exultant glow.

I feel sorry for those who cannot appreciate the joy of our current position. I am going to enjoy every moment of this season, win, lose or draw, we've earned it as supporters.

We will, of course, have a very tough season on the pitch, and, because of that, I forecast here and now that 50% of NSC will gradually become a bear garden of glass-half-full whingeing. But I hope the remaining 50% will continue to enjoy the moment and have a GOOD LAUGH at the whingers' expense. :drink: :drink: :drink: :p

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
London Irish said:
We will, of course, have a very tough season on the pitch, and, because of that, I forecast here and now that 50% of NSC will gradually become a bear garden of glass-half-full whingeing. But I hope the remaining 50% will continue to enjoy the moment and have a GOOD LAUGH at the whingers' expense. :drink: :drink: :drink: :p

Hear hear. The voice of reason. Let's stop whinging and ENJOY the moment.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
b.w.2. said:
....but we have less than 4 weeks to go now b4 the big KO, and I know that he knows that he can't wait for every last current player contract to be sorted before he gets other players in...

Player contracts ended on 30 June. Realistically, 11 days have gone of the 35 or so available to MM to get players in before the new season starts. There's still plenty of time left. Let's not panic yet!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Don't rush him:lolol: any decent players out there are as good as gone,so just how long does a club need to find players 3-4-5 months.:rolleyes:

Yeah also these so called contracts end on the 30th of june:lolol: and its now the 11 of july ha ha ha ha you gotta laugh its hilarious what you read on hear.:lolol: :flameboun

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Soton Seagull said:
We are waiting for the desperate ones, who with no club come the end of July will sign for us on low wages.
Oh joy! That'll be the ones that are either not wanted by anyone else at this level because they aren't good enough or the old injury prone ones?...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
London Irish said:
We will, of course, have a very tough season on the pitch, and, because of that, I forecast here and now that 50% of NSC will gradually become a bear garden of glass-half-full whingeing.

"NSC will gradually become a bear garden of glass-half-full whingeing."

What an extraordinary phrase that is.

What's a bear garden? Is it simply a garden full or bears?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Laughing Bluebird said:
"NSC will gradually become a bear garden of glass-half-full whingeing."

What an extraordinary phrase that is.

What's a bear garden? Is it simply a garden full or bears?

I think it refers to a free for all. They used to fight bears (as in bear against bear) in a bear garden.

The Laughing Bluebird said:
What's a bear garden?

You've not heard of this phrase, then? Reasonably common, no? But I guess I do have to make allowances for the fact that, where you come from, English won't necessarily be the first language.

Bear Garden: Definition: full of confusion, noise, tumult, and quarrels. Bear-gardens were places where bears used to be kept and baited for public amusement.

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861685987/bear_garden.html

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would rather us not sign anyone, get stuffed every week...so long as we get Falmer.

FORGET ABOUT THE FOOTBALL...Falmer is all that matters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here