Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Q: Who is the only club in The Championship without a new signing so far?...

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
seagulljaz said:
we've got leon knight and the 3 players training wiht us, mcghee will bring in the right players and he will keep us up this season.

Living in dreamland pal, we are certs for the drop

Until we are playing in Falmer, we are just a joke club with no money to buy players and to move forward

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are not a joke club at all.

For a joke club see Leeds :jester:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
All the time we have a potless pillock as a chairman this is what we get :angry: :angry: :angry:

:clap2: :wave: :clap2: :wave: :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You are so cute when you are Mr Angry:angel:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
But you were so happy we were in the Championship - why try and kill me ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
FFS people, we still have 4 weeks to kick off.

Plus, many players' became free agents on July 1. There was a scramble for players. Now that scramlbe has died down, those players will be desparate for a club, to the point of dramatically dropping their wage demands. THEN Brighton come in with offers.

Of course we are screwed if we have exactly the same squad as last season. But there are 28 days to go yet. It's not pick on Trigger day - he brings this panic-stricken worry on himself.

Doncha, dahlin?

Trigger said:
London Irish is welcome to his opinion of me, i've got mine of him but i wont mention it on the board

Go on! Call me a CU-NT if you want! :lolol: Knock yourself out, it's only a footy messageboard, I won't mind, mate, life's too fecking short ;)

Trigger, this isn't NSP where every thread has to be tame, kissy-kissy banter like how many wanks have you knocked out today, this is NSC where we are allowed to have big differences on stuff and :eek: ROBUST DISAGREEMENTS :eek: and HEATED DEBATES even ;) That's all it is, try not to take this stuff so PERSONALLY. Strong opinions and strong disagreements are healthy!

Trigger said:
he does tend to think the board is all about his opinions and no-one elses opinion matters, this board would be a very dull place if we were all to think the same...

JeeeZUS, what a load of fanny. I was disagreeing with your unreasonable pessimism, not arguing that you should be BANNED for it. Funnily enough, the views I most enjoy reading tend to be the ones I disagree with the most. One of my favourite posters on NSC is someone I've never virtually agreed a single word with, except about Richard Carpenter........

Trigger said:
The simple fact is we will NOT stay up with the current squad, teams that are going to be in the relegation fight like Crewe, Rotherham, Burnley & Gillingham have all added to their squads, we've entered the division with the poorest squad and we still have the poorest squad, we need to sign fresh faces soon to give them time to gel and get to know their team mates and adjust to our defensive style of play...

I just don't know why you can be so definitive that we have the poorest squad. I would argue it's very difficult to judge that. The gap between the two divisions is not that vast to make such a clear judgment. Let's see some actual evidence of some games first, shall we, before saying things that might make us look a bit silly later?

Our current squad of players were NOT given enough credit last year, their potential was constantly belittled and many foolishly wrote off their chances of promotion. Now why go down this road again, eh? Your cousin famously wrote off the season five months too early. Are you trying to take the heat off him by beating his enviable record by a whacking six months?

McGhee has only been back at his desk for not much more than a couple of weeks. Is that all the time you are going to give him?

McGhee spelled out his strategy quite clearly, the first thing was securing the existing squad, after that the focus would be on new players, but these would take time to arrive. Please read it again and tell me what you think is unreasonable about what he is saying. http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestDetail/0,,10433~536948,00.html

Trigger said:
Well, if you're all happy to go down...

My bottom line on happiness is that we don't jeopardise the future of the club by foolish short-termist spending on players. If we go down again, too bad, we can get promoted again the season after. If our debts get out of control, that could have a devastating effect on the club and lead to freefall through lots of divisions. It's a shame people don't often recall the REAL LESSON of Archer/Stanley/Belotti, not simply that these arseholes nearly ruined the club, but that the debts of the club allowed arseholes like these to take control and get their big opportunity to ruin the club.

timseagull said:
If we sart the season with the players that got us there (and we love them and respect them all ) and we don't get stuffed every week and we're not bottom by Aug bank hol then I think myslef, Trig and any other doubters will be the first to admit we were panicking too soon!

My realistic assessment is that we will spend most of the season in or near the relegation zone. Given the adjustment factor of a new division, the first phase may well be "in". McGhee must be given time by supporters to manage this adjustment, strengthen the squad and develop our playing style to cope with this new challenge. If there is anyone panicking by the few games of the August bank holiday, that to me will still put you in the "clueless" category, or, even worse, start aligning you with the "potless Dick Tight" prattlers.

Zebedee said:
Does anyone remember how weak we were last season away from home?

What was little discussed on NSC was how well McGhee had solved the problem of away form in the last few months of the season. The revealing turning point for me was that excellent point against a very competitive Port Vale side in March. After a blip caused by the disruption to the defence caused by Cullip's injury, we were excellent away from Withdean, excellent point at Bristol, win at Wrexham, win at Swindon, win in Cardiff. The key to this was perfecting the defensive shape of the team, which had been let down too often before by sloppy errors.

b.w.2. said:
So, Trigger, myself, and many others on here are just aligning ourselves with the explicit views of our manager

Good, then back his strategy outlined in that website statement above.

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Living in dreamland pal, we are certs for the drop

Guess what? In all his time on NSC, Richie Morris has never posted anything near as crap as giving up on your team like this.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nicely put, you're not one for short answers are you.

dougdeep said:
Nicely put, you're not one for short answers are you.

No

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
lets just get behind the team we have. if we make new signings cool. but when you get promotion you are always favorates to go straight back down. we know we have a battle in front of us. so lets stop this pessimisson and suppport the lads.
otherwise any of the players reading this thread, will have no confidance going into the season. we are meant to support them, not just slag them off all the time.
we were good enough to get promotion to this division, so we are good enough to compete in it. last time we were here will serve as a good expieriance.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
larus said:
Last time in Div 1, we had Hinshelwood for manager. We gave away about 30% of the season because of him, and were then playing catch up.

I think MM will be wary about getting in too many players too soon just for the sake a signing someone. The seasons 9 months long, no need to rush.

In one breath you are saying about giving 30% of the season away,then you say its 9 months long so there is no rush???

I would rather have points on the board than try and play catch up all the rest of the season!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We won't have Hinshelwood putting out the youth team week in, week out, this time around. So there's no way we'll be giving the rest of the division a thirty five point start. That was taking the piss a step too far, even for Brighton. Got to give McGhee SOME credit for knowing full well what he needs for his team for the forthcoming season. Keep The Faith innit?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Poor old Hinsh, he did his best. He had some bad luck with injuries and he lacked experience but he is doing a great job now.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
Go on! Call me a CU-NT if you want! :lolol: Knock yourself out, it's only a footy messageboard, I won't mind, mate, life's too fecking short ;)

this is NSC where we are allowed to have big differences on stuff and :eek: ROBUST DISAGREEMENTS :eek: and HEATED DEBATES even ;) That's all it is, try not to take this stuff so PERSONALLY. Strong opinions and strong disagreements are healthy!
I wasn't actually going to use the C word or a swear word but nevermind... I'm not one for random name calling like yourself when a poster doesn't agree with you... We wouldn't have had to go through this if you didn't call me clueless... I'm not the first to be called something by you for a disagreeing with you either... I've noticed it in a fair few of your posts and quite frankly you piss me off... And with that i won't say another word on the subject so i wouldn't bother replying... Unless of course you have to get the last word/name call in...

???

(Note: I will random name call on special ocassions or if you're FG) :D

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here