Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Q: Who is the only club in The Championship without a new signing so far?...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Good work :jester: ...That was a fine picture of Braders too!

Anyway, have we signed a player yet? :dunce:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mendoza10 said:
it is 11.48am on Sunday 11th July 2004,
we have signed
NOBODY!

Is he good? What position does he play? ;)

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
London Irish said:

If there is anyone panicking by the few games of the August bank holiday, that to me will still put you in the "clueless" category, or, even worse, start aligning you with the "potless Dick Tight" prattlers.

Well I thank you for putting us into catogories. With the passion that we have for this club and can be very hard to remain level headed in the face of defeat or a poor run of results. I don't want to see us at the bottom but that is where I fear we will be.

Were you not panicking when we started our slide at the beginning of the last div 1 campaign? Granted we don't have Hinsh in charge this time....but nor do we have any new players....yet

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We were always going to struggle to make signings - our season finished a month later than everyone else and we haven't got any money. This thread says nothing I couldn't have guessed six weeks ago. i.e that we're looking odds on for fighting a relegation battle.

I reckon MM will have them back fitter than ever with the thought that a good start is absolutely vital. Hopefully we'll catch our opponents a bit ring rusty in the first half dozen games or so, and earn some crucial points.

21st place was always the target along with keeping our best players, and nothing has changed since we won promotion.

Incidentally, cheers for the list Trigger. But most of those signings look utter gash. Not many match winners amongst that lot.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Nobody
Position: Defender

Date of Birth: June 18, 1985

Birthplace: Salford

Height: 5'10''

Weight: 12st6

Young defender Nobody was handed his United debut in December 2003, in the club's 2-0 defeat at the hands of West Bromwich Albion in the Carling Cup.

'He showed a terrific attitude,' said McGhee.

In the summer of 2003 the right-back was expected to join Shelbourne on loan but the move didn't materialise.

He was then loaned to Royal Antwerp for the remainder of the season in January 2004.

:jester: :jester:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
Guess what? In all his time on NSC, Richie Morris has never posted anything near as crap as giving up on your team like this.

We are all entitled to our opinions London Irish, my opinion is that we are an average side at the moment, good defensively, but terrible going forward, with no decent offensively minded midfielders, and one good striker who doesn't get nearly enough good service from his colleagues

Saying things like "giving up on your team" is ridiculous, I've done no such thing, just being realisitic that with out current squad we will be hopelessly out-gunned next season

Watching BHA last season, with very few exceptions, was a painfully dull experience and I don't see the club (AT THE MOMENT) doing enough to strengthen the team

I stand by my earlier assumption, playing at Withdean and having naff all money makes us a joke, especially with the standard of opposition we will face in Division 1.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dancin Ninja BHA said:

Watching BHA last season, with very few exceptions, was a painfully dull experience and I don't see the club (AT THE MOMENT) doing enough to strengthen the team

I suspect that even with signings that that is going to be the style of play anyway. I think that is McGhee's style and we will be looking at 0-0's and hopefully 1-0 victories.
Obviously there will be defeats from some of the stronger teams in the division.
I reckon we'll probably end up at 17th.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It is worrying but there is still time. We still didn't even have a manager last time around.

Don't worry about LI, if you catch him out he just goes quiet. To me he's just a less intelligent NMH but without the humour which basically makes him sound arrogant.

Still the NSC back slappers and blind faithfull seem to like him.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Is the current squad strong enough to survive without strengthening? Probaby not, but it is defensively stronger than 2 years ago and will be continuing to develop the shape and discipline which led to success towards the end of last season if not to the most aesthetically pleasing football.

I would love to see new signings but McGhee has stated that there are key positions which need strengthening. However given the limited funds available he has to choose those players carefully and get them as cheaply as he can and as the season approaches the balance of power in negotiations with out of contract players shifts towards the clubs. Given stability elsewhere in the team, it is easier to integrate 2 or 3 new signings so that they make an immediate impact. Chaos was the best way to describe our last assault on Div1.

Surely the last thing that we want to do is to panic-buy to appease rumblings of discontent from some fans. Anyone remember Kitson?

I think that we may well come right back down but as long as we compete and battle like we did during the secnd half of our last time in Div 1, I will really enjoy seeing us play the sort of clubs which seemed to inhabit a different universe when we were in Div 3.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The problem is not so much whether the first-team is good enough, as what happens when they are injured. When you are struggling, as we will be, more players get injured and take longer to recover so squad depth becomes crucial, and ours looks very shallow.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Can't see us winning no more than 6 games all season:)
Im just glad we get to go to decent grounds etc,although a bit more effort wouldn't go a miss on new players.:lol:

We have a weaker team by a mile than last time and this division is much stronger,so its pretty straight forward for the big drop.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here