Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pulls MUST pay Palace £3.5million

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
bhafc1997?

Not even going to go there, no comparison.

Still think at some point you will be the first club to have been in administration 3 times, CPFC2020, maybe 2025

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
They rightly took a stand. Here you had a classic example of manager power in which they demand a club spend beyond their means. Parish rightly said there wasn't the budget, so Pulis strops off with his £2m or whatever (coincidently after he'd asked it to be paid early...). Now, we can be all bipartisan about everything Palace, but on this occasion I do think they are bang in the right. Pulls walked out after the season had started because like a spoilt child he didn't get what he wanted. I hope Palace get back every last penny because no doubt that bonus was paid as part of the larger terms of the overall contract, Pulis broke that contract by walking out.

That's what I believe to have happened (from what I have read). I must say though I was shocked that he had to repay all the bonus and was absolutely flabbergasted that he had to pay one million in damages. The costs I can understand. I do wonder if stuff came out that we don't know about though, as the judgement does seem particularly harsh.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's what I believe to have happened (from what I have read). I must say though I was shocked that he had to repay all the bonus and was absolutely flabbergasted that he had to pay one million in damages. The costs I can understand. I do wonder if stuff came out that we don't know about though, as the judgement does seem particularly harsh.

What is most interesting from what I read says an awful lot about the arrogance I've always associated with Pulis. Throughout the hearing it sounds like Pulis was continually offered a settlement but refused each proposal. Clearly forcing everyone through this process with what you'd assume were reasonable settlement offers on the table (inferred from the severity of the actual judgment), Pulis has got his just deserts for showing no willingness to find common ground for a deal.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My understanding here is that Pulis got a little too big for his boots. He thought he could pull a fast one by requesting the bonus early, then dump Palace two days before the season started like a pregnant bride at the altar.

He didn't read the small print of his contract, and for that is either arrogant or stupid.

As much as I loathe all things Palace, on this issue they are in the right and Pulis comes across as a petty, slimy and unreliable individual. He has had plenty of opportunities to settle semi amicly beforehand, but instead chose to hold onto the £2 million, to which it would appear he was not entitled, as there appear to be two conditions he had to satisfy.

Condition 1 was to save Palace from relegation, which he achieved. Condition 2 was to be the club manager on a due date, which he failed to achieve by resigning shortly after receiving the cash that was advanced to him early.

That his legal advisors and those of Palace seem to have racked up £1 million in damages and £500k in fees, which Pulis now has to pay in full, is more of a reflection of the wonderful legal system we have in this country, where access to justice is now only the preserve of the privileged few. On the face of it, and remember both parties have signed non disclosure clauses, Pulis seems to have been badly advised, or ignored the advice he was given.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What is most interesting from what I read says an awful lot about the arrogance I've always associated with Pulis. Throughout the hearing it sounds like Pulis was continually offered a settlement but refused each proposal. Clearly forcing everyone through this process with what you'd assume were reasonable settlement offers on the table (inferred from the severity of the actual judgment), Pulis has got his his just deserts.

Any links to this account you have read please, I would like to read that.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
What is most interesting from what I read says an awful lot about the arrogance I've always associated with Pulis. Throughout the hearing it sounds like Pulis was continually offered a settlement but refused each proposal. Clearly forcing everyone through this process with what you'd assume were reasonable settlement offers on the table (inferred from the severity of the actual judgment), Pulis has got his just deserts for showing no willingness to find common ground for a deal.

Yeah he could have settled. Just seems harsh that he could end up with hardly anything/nothing/making a loss despite keeping us up. I wonder what they know that we will never find out.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
They rightly took a stand. Here you had a classic example of manager power in which they demand a club spend beyond their means. Parish rightly said there wasn't the budget, so Pulis strops off with his £2m or whatever (coincidently after he'd asked it to be paid early...). Now, we can be all bipartisan about everything Palace, but on this occasion I do think they are bang in the right. Pulls walked out after the season had started because like a spoilt child he didn't get what he wanted. I hope Palace get back every last penny because no doubt that bonus was paid as part of the larger terms of the overall contract, Pulis broke that contract by walking out.

With a heavy heart I would have to agree with you. As funny as any misfortune on Palace is, Pulis does seem to have been a bit of a cheeky sod.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Good post . Pulis certainly tarnished his time with us by the timing of his departure . I hope we get every penny owed as well !!!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thank feck that halfwit has been banned. I actually appreciate the other Palace GIMPS on here now. What a grade A BELLEND.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Good post . Pulis certainly tarnished his time with us by the timing of his departure . I hope we get every penny owed as well !!!

I agree, his time with you would have been untarnished if he had timed his departure eight months earlier.

I am going to make no comment about your last statement coming from a Palace fan because our recently departed angry friend Mr League Apart has told me that irony is not my strong point. He got annoyed at a post telling him to calm down, but irony is not my strong point. Where is Ed Byrne when you need him?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sorry to disappoint but I'm still here :wave:
uploadfromtaptalk1458233879538.jpg

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
With a heavy heart I would have to agree with you. As funny as any misfortune on Palace is, Pulis does seem to have been a bit of a cheeky sod.

Although you are right, spot on in fact, I just can't bring myself to hope they get their dosh back. Best thing for me is for Pulis to stick the lot on Palace to avoid relegation .....then they don't! :)

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
I'll tell you the problem shall I? You're looking for insults where there aren't any.

Its called giving it out but not taking it.
Or taking a spanking on a thread about Palace. Again.
Either is good.

Please please please **** off you horrid ****:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here