Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pulis... the next Warnock...

• Thread starter Deleted member 18477
  • Start date

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hasn't Pulis been sacked twice for gross misconduct? Why was this?

Crimes to fashion.

Turned up at the FA wearing white sports socks and pods shoes whilst Bournemouth manager and whilst at Bristol City attended a civic charity bash in a Ciro Citterio 5 button suit. Funnily enough neither Portsmouth, Gillingham nor Stoke saw these as problems.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
but the white shirt which would ordinarily provide the contrast is underneath dark knitwear and the 'Les Etalon's' tend to be either very darkly rich in colour or a kind of light hessian beige. Beige with black? Are you sure? In which case you'd need to dump the brown brogues because then you'd look silly with all that black and brown. What do you reckon on a pair of black Franshetti shoes?

I feel a paisley scarf would break up the black a bit better and provide colour to the ensemble. It's a classic look and still allow the wearer to show rebellion with the brown brogues. Another advantage is that it's ideal for the Stoke manager who is shopping on a budget. Tootal start at around £40 - he'll have plenty of change left from £100 to buy a house or two in Burslem.

I think we`ll have to agree to disagree on this. If you think you`re going to draw me into the Franshetti camp you really don`t know me.

My wife goes mad when I wear brown shoes with a black jacket though.
Mind you what do women know of fashion ?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I remember the Monday night game when Stoke were at home to Villa and his mother or father had died that morning. Stoke were 1-0 down starting the second half when Pulis arrives, having driven many hours from the family home, runs to the dug out and gets on with inspiring his team to turn the game round and win 2-1

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"They have done smashing in their league.''

Try and use that word about a lower league team and NOT sound patronising and condescending.

BeepBeepImaJeep

Farewell and adieu....
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
his disgraceful football,
his players are thugs (shawcross, huth, pennant),
his hat is ridiculous,
he's bitter in defeat (birmingham game last week),
his total disrespect when a fair decision goes against him (anyone at the game yesterday would have seen this, if you didnt your blind and deaf... SIT DOWN SHUT UP, SIT DOWN SHUT UP).

well it's a good thing you're not bitter or anything.

Stumpy Tim

a pair of William Hunt shoes. I'd probably go for brown brogue - even though it's a black suit you're not wearing a tie so it's not so much a faux pas as a deliberate act of non-conformity.

This is a huge risk though. One mans deliberate act of non-conformity is anothers faux pas. Unless Gus wears a sign around his neck explaining this decision I think it could backfire. Having said that, Gus is a man who says you must risk to win, so it might be a risk he's willing to take. I'm English and my stiff-upper-lipness won't allow me to do it.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
All I know is that he hates kids and enjoys crushing their dreams.

On his first day at Plymouth he gathered the youth team scholars, told them he didn't mind keeping them around going but none of them were going to make it whilst he was there. Saying, United and Liverpool release a number of youth team players every year that he could get in and naturally they're going to be better than Plymouth's lot so why should he bother.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i do find it ironic that people are complaining about pulis being disrespectful with his performance towards the officials, when poyet will almost certainly always come out and have a go at them after the game, sometimes even when we've won

best to ignore that though for the sake of argument i suppose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here