• Start date

D

Deleted member 18477

You haven't said WHY you hate him.

his disgraceful football,
his players are thugs (shawcross, huth, pennant),
his hat is ridiculous,
he's bitter in defeat (birmingham game last week),
his total disrespect when a fair decision goes against him (anyone at the game yesterday would have seen this, if you didnt your blind and deaf... SIT DOWN SHUT UP, SIT DOWN SHUT UP).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anyone else hate Pulis as much as me? :wanker:

Can't say he even registers on my radar as a manager. Simple but effective but eventually he'll get caught out and Stoke will sink like a stone again.

About the only thing I dislike is when men of a certain age wear baseball caps and sportswear. I know he's a football manager but he's not playing, is he? Do what Gus does: casual elegance - a nice Oswald Boetang dark suit, plain white shirt from Hugo Boss, Pal Zileri pullover and a pair of William Hunt shoes. I'd probably go for brown brogue - even though it's a black suit you're not wearing a tie so it's not so much a faux pas as a deliberate act of non-conformity. Probably go for a subtle fresh aftershave too - something not too imposing or heavy. I'd opt for Prada.

Then again, this is Stoke so mismatched tracksuit bottoms and t-shirt, with Reebok classics and a fake DKNY baseball cap topped off with a heavy layer of Lynx Africa counts for Sunday best up there.

EDIT - and seeing as it's bloody freezing up there, you need a scarf. Paisley silk Tootal scarf tied loosely around the neck should achieve the joint aim of accessorising nicely and keeping your neck warm. For those unfortunate enough to live in Stoke I'd probably see what Peacock's has in stock.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

Can't say he even registers on my radar as a manager. Simple but effective but eventually he'll get caught out and Stoke will sink like a stone again.

About the only thing I dislike is when men of a certain age wear baseball caps and sportswear. I know he's a football manager but he's not playing, is he? Do what Gus does: casual elegance - a nice Oswald Boetang dark suit, plain white shirt from Hugo Boss, Pal Zileri pullover and a pair of William Hunt shoes. I'd probably go for brown brogue - even though it's a black suit you're not wearing a tie so it's not so much a faux pas as a deliberate act of non-conformity. Probably go for a subtle fresh aftershave too - something not too imposing or heavy. I'd opt for Prada.

Then again, this is Stoke so mismatched tracksuit bottoms and t-shirt, with Reebok classics and a fake DKNY baseball cap topped off with a heavy layer of Lynx Africa counts for Sunday best up there.

haha:laugh: gus is a suave man.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
his disgraceful football,
True, promotion to the Premiership followed by finishing 12th and 11th is disgraceful.
his players are thugs (shawcross, huth, pennant),
True, they have had TWO players sent off this season, whereas the Albion have only had.....errrr.....FIVE
his hat is ridiculous,
True, I know hats are a big thing in Burgess Hill, so it is understandable that you have cap envy.
he's bitter in defeat (birmingham game last week),
True, having seen his comments "It's disappointing, because I don't think Birmingham did enough to win.". Surely the man should be up on a disciplinary charge before the FA for such incendiary remarks.
his total disrespect when a fair decision goes against him (anyone at the game yesterday would have seen this, if you didnt your blind and deaf... SIT DOWN SHUT UP, SIT DOWN SHUT UP).
True, he clearly didn't have such a great view of it as you.

In conclusion, I have to agree with everything you say, and will start sticking pins into my Pulis corn dolly immediately.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Hate Pulis? Why?

For being a consistently successful manager? For being a tough character who instils the same in his players? For daring to beat us?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would HATE to have a manager who gets us into promoted into the Premiership and keeps us there with relatively moderate spending and no relegation fights for the next three seasons.

He's spent about £70m according to fans on Oatcake.

Would you really want to stay in the Premier League if it meant jsut treading water and aiming for 10th place without so much of a relegation battle, playoff/title charge to get the heart pumping? Whilst playing a lot of football that is not quite so pleasing on the eye?

I'm not sure I would want to be parting with £30+ to watch a game of football.

D

Deleted member 18477

True, promotion to the Premiership followed by finishing 12th and 11th is disgraceful.
True, they have had TWO players sent off this season, whereas the Albion have only had.....errrr.....FIVE
True, I know hats are a big thing in Burgess Hill, so it is understandable that you have cap envy.
True, having seen his comments "It's disappointing, because I don't think Birmingham did enough to win.". Surely the man should be up on a disciplinary charge before the FA for such incendiary remarks.
True, he clearly didn't have such a great view of it as you.

In conclusion, I have to agree with everything you say, and will start sticking pins into my Pulis corn dolly immediately.

so glad you've finally seen sense and agreed. now we can be best friends forever! anyway im going to spend my sunday watching football, the reason north stand chat was created orignally, not for abusive sarcastic messages sent to a fro between fans that support the SAME TEAM.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's spent about £70m according to fans on Oatcake.

Would you really want to stay in the Premier League if it meant jsut treading water and aiming for 10th place without so much of a relegation battle, playoff/title charge to get the heart pumping? Whilst playing a lot of football that is not quite so pleasing on the eye?

I'm not sure I would want to be parting with £30+ to watch a game of football.

It's always better to travel. You only have to look at the Albion when they reached the top flight. We were never in with a chance of challenging and crowds fell to below 10,000 in just over three years.

Stoke are in the FA Cup QF for the second year running, and if they get a good draw then a chance to go to Wembley. Realistically that's all they can expect. Not sure where they get £70m from, think it would be about half that, but I don't follow them that closely.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Then again, this is Stoke so mismatched tracksuit bottoms and t-shirt, with classics and a fake DKNY baseball cap topped off with a heavy layer of Lynx Africa counts for Sunday best up there.

EDIT - and seeing as it's bloody freezing up there, you need a scarf. Paisley silk Tootal scarf tied loosely around the neck should achieve the joint aim of accessorising nicely and keeping your neck warm. For those unfortunate enough to live in Stoke I'd probably see what Peacock's has in stock.

Sometimes I think you like to be controversial just for the sake of it.
Paisley silk ? Don`t be ridiculous.
A Hermes light cashmere from the 'Les Etelon`s' surely with any dark Boetang.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

:laugh:

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
The guy who started this thread looks like a right tool. I really don't understand what Pulis has done to make you despise him so much? His team beat us fairly and outplayed us in the first half, and he has done well getting Stoke to the Premier League? I can understand why fans hate Nigel Adkins, because he was arrogant and a bit disrespectful after we played them in November, but Pulis was nothing like this towards us, stupid thread in which no one seems to agree with the views of the author!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sometimes I think you like to be controversial just for the sake of it.
Paisley silk ? Don`t be ridiculous.
A Hermes light cashmere from the 'Les Etelon`s' surely with any dark Boetang.

but the white shirt which would ordinarily provide the contrast is underneath dark knitwear and the 'Les Etalon's' tend to be either very darkly rich in colour or a kind of light hessian beige. Beige with black? Are you sure? In which case you'd need to dump the brown brogues because then you'd look silly with all that black and brown. What do you reckon on a pair of black Franshetti shoes?

I feel a paisley scarf would break up the black a bit better and provide colour to the ensemble. It's a classic look and still allow the wearer to show rebellion with the brown brogues. Another advantage is that it's ideal for the Stoke manager who is shopping on a budget. Tootal start at around £40 - he'll have plenty of change left from £100 to buy a house or two in Burslem.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought his post match comments in the Argus were pretty harsh to us yes - don't like him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here