Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pulis: It's going to be an extremely difficult tie for us, it's their cup final

spooookie1

Feb 9, 2011
Derby
I think Mr Pullis,has a great deal of respect for Albion,however,he has stumbled a little with his wording perhaps.After all,this is Stoke we are talking about.I can remember the old days when "Boring old stoke" would come to the Goldstone looking for a draw,and generally succeed.

This is obviously going to be quite different,I will be attending the match(one of the few I can get to,due to living in Derby now,work commitments etc) and I believe it will be an interesting contrast in styles,with the lower league team playing the nicer football.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
i mostly agree with kneeon, theyre probably going to be the highest ranked team we play this season, and in case youre all forgetting, we havent been in a fifth round tie for over twenty years, this should be a big occasion for us, no matter who were playing. ive got a feeling were gonna beat them though, so not quite our cup final :D whoever is saying they cant be arsed to go to stoke though because its not a big enough day out for them, should get over themselves, im CHOKING to go, i just cant afford it :(

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Blimey this must be our best season for reaching cup finals ever.

That is a bit of a joke by Pulis considering how many times we have played them in the LEAGUE in recent years. Still, will be another prong to Gus' teamtalk a la Peterborough

It's up to the players for what type of a game this is going to be.
If they play their hearts out like they want it badly, then for them it's like a big game.

The cup final will be 'our cup final' if we can get there, not a fifth round tie.
It's too easy a statement to make, cliched and overdone

I think Mr Pullis,has a great deal of respect for Albion,however,he has stumbled a little with his wording perhaps.After all,this is Stoke we are talking about.I can remember the old days when "Boring old stoke" would come to the Goldstone looking for a draw,and generally succeed.

This is obviously going to be quite different,I will be attending the match(one of the few I can get to,due to living in Derby now,work commitments etc) and I believe it will be an interesting contrast in styles,with the lower league team playing the nicer football.

I believe the LAST result, at OUR place, was a 5-1 thrashing courtesy Mark MAGOON

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Cup final? I'm sure most Brighton fans are with me when i say i would much rather we stay top of the league than in the F.A Cup

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Surely the FA Cup final is our cup final after we beat Stoke, Birmingham City and Arsenal in the next three rounds?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Surely a wind up ? Stoke are a small club, They have one good season in the championship and have done well to maintain their premier league status but they're most certainly not our final, that is laughable :lolol:

spooookie1

Feb 9, 2011
Derby
I am thinking eighties boring stoke.not nineties,not so boring stoke.I'm sure I have an old "Gulls Eye" where they coined the phrase.To be fair though,we were known as "pushover Brighton" not so long ago.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely a wind up ? Stoke are a small club, They have one good season in the championship and have done well to maintain their premier league status

Very small club - doing quite well in their 60th season in the top division, aren't they?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't think Pulis is patronising us. We have to bear in mind the intended audience for his comments - Stoke City fans. He is telling them that they need to get to the Britannia to roar their team into the quarter finals. He knows this is a tough match and he knows that the fans are often the difference at the Britannia. I read it as a complement that he is already telling Stoke fans that it their support is vital to the team.

Thats how I read it anyway.

spooookie1

Feb 9, 2011
Derby
I don't think Pulis is patronising us. We have to bear in mind the intended audience for his comments - Stoke City fans. He is telling them that they need to get to the Britannia to roar their team into the quarter finals. He knows this is a tough match and he knows that the fans are often the difference at the Britannia. I read it as a complement that he is already telling Stoke fans that it their support is vital to the team.

Thats how I read it anyway.

This is probably quite a good point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here