Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pulis: It's going to be an extremely difficult tie for us, it's their cup final

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
I don't think Pulis is patronising us. I read it as a complement that he is already telling Stoke fans that it their support is vital to the team.

Spot on. Pulis is just being lazy talking to his local press..

Anyway, quite clearly our cup final this season was WOKING (A) - own goals, going behind in extra time, winning a penalty shoot out, a man who retired seven years ago being sent off for an offence that no-one in the ground understood ... how much more CUP DRAMA could you want in one game...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We aren't small enough in thought to consider Stoke away a cup final, it's not even really that big a day out. Stoke just aren't that attractive as opposition, or as a place to visit. They're very good at what they do as a team, but it's not a style that the majority of people not involved with Stoke particularly enjoy watching.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Now let us all take a breath.........aaaaahhhhhh

Stoke are a bigger club than us, have been in the Premiershite for at least 2(?) years, and are northern.

Us? Two bob southern pooftahs with a 2 bob ground.

The difference?

We can read, we are moving to a stadium with flair, and we d not live in one of the most hideous northern holes in the UK.

Cup Final? Only if you class Stoke v BHA alongside the Johnstone Paints Trophy.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I don't think Pulis is patronising us. We have to bear in mind the intended audience for his comments - Stoke City fans. He is telling them that they need to get to the Britannia to roar their team into the quarter finals. He knows this is a tough match and he knows that the fans are often the difference at the Britannia. I read it as a complement that he is already telling Stoke fans that it their support is vital to the team.

Thats how I read it anyway.

This. It's not aimed at us, it's a rallying cry to their supporters, that's all.

The chances of Stoke City getting to a cup final this season depend heavily on them beating Biddulph Victoria in the semi final of the Staffordshire Senior Cup. That might be why they want to big up the Albion game as the biggest Cup game of their season.

Incidentally, that's not a competition they seem to do very well in. It's twelve years since they last won it. Kidsgrove Athletic have won it three times since then. Do they still play the final of this prestigious competition at Vale Park?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's going to be Brighton's cup final

Not really, its just another game on the way to the cup final. The cup final is the cup final.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
OMG - just saw our odds - 7-2 away at Stoke. The bookies certainly think it will be a tough game for them!

stokefan

Banned
Feb 14, 2011
It all depends on if Pulis picks the right team and if it is a strong team then I'll think we will win. 3-0 :)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ some people on here:angry:
Lets show some respect towards stoke as they are a very passionate football club and have done brilliant to get where they are.Yes its our cup final end of:drink:

I would rather we play stoke than manure,chelsea,spurs etc etc anyday of the week.

This is a proper cup tie in which we could also win

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They would certainly struggle to get another trophy in that empty cabinet of theirs!

Stoke are a small club, even Blackpool have a more illustrious history than them.

Mind you I dont think you`re lot have kept the makers of silver polish rich.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's a big game yes ... but cup final? No.

despite it being the 5th round of the club , THIS SEASON I wouldn't even class it as a big game personally

the league is far more important

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Us concede 3 goals mmmmmmmm thats a rare rare thing:)

Which just goes to show you how good Hartlepool are. (At home).

I doubt there will be 3 goals in the game, that's not how we play. I hope all Stoke fans are shortsighted to the extent they underestimate us so easily. We'll keep the ball for far longer than they'll be expecting, and we'll do far more with it than they expect a team at our level is capable of. All the arrogant and aloof predictions of a comfortable 3-0 win are wide of the mark, and they'll spot that. I honestly think we could go there and keep a clean sheet. If Big Brez in goal (The only one of our players tall enough to be considered good enough to play for Stoke) plays well, and commands his area well, we could keep a clean sheet, and with Murray, Barnes and Wood all up front, with Bennett in behind.. I think we'll score.

In all seriousness, I wonder when the last time a team went to Stoke and played with 3 strikers? I can't see why we wouldn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here