Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pulis: It's going to be an extremely difficult tie for us, it's their cup final

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
TONY PULIS has stressed that the Britannia Stadium atmosphere will be crucial to Stoke City's hopes of reaching the FA Cup quarter finals for a second successive season.

City's manager is looking for a big crowd to roar his side on when they face League One leaders Brighton and Hove Albion in the fifth round tie on Saturday afternoon (Kick Off 3.00pm).

Although the Potters have an excellent chance to emulate last season's achievement of reaching the final eight of the competition, Pulis has warned that they cannot afford to underestimate Brighton.

"They're on a fantastic run at the moment, so they will come here and play with a lot of freedom.Make no mistake then, it's going to be an extremely difficult tie for us," he said.

"We need another big crowd behind us and the atmosphere will be crucial to our hopes of making it through to the quarter finals once again. It's going to be Brighton's cup final, their big day out, so I'm sure they will bring a lot of supporters who will make themselves heard."

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would rather have had Villa in 4th round, than Stoke in 5th round........ cup final my arse

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think will give them a real game. If we can turn them over, then get at home tie against say West Ham/ Birmingham/Fulham then a Wembley date could be on the cards.
We all know Gus saw this as a hinderence in the early stages but I bet he is really looking forward to this one now!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Not another cup final.Not another big day out !

Gus had better play the first team for this,then.

Another monster crowd in the pishpotteries,no doubt.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Cup Final? That'll happen somewhere around the end of April, beginning of May when we play the team where we need a point or three to get auto promotion... Stoke f***ing City? Who? Who? Who?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I would argue every game in the run in could be considered 'cup finals'.

I'd say the Stoke game is a nice distraction from the important business.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
i thought our 2 'cup finals' this season were Southampton home and away ???

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't think he's said a lot wrong there really - a third level team going to a Premiership club (albeit a not very glamorous one) in the fifth round of the Cup IS a big occasion.
It'll only be our cup-final if they beat us though - we win and it'll be their's!

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
FFS when Woking and FCUM drew us in the cup we were spouting the same crap that Pulis is coming out with in that article.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Yeah! Angry at what he said, i mean its not like we're in LEAGUE ONE (granted we are top) which is the THIRD division of football and they are in the TOP HIGHEST DIVISION of English football

Get a grip guys, this IS our cup final, probably the best team (by way of position) we will face this year unless we beat them and get a better team next round.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
FFS when Woking and FCUM drew us in the cup we were spouting the same crap that Pulis is coming out with in that article.

The more sensible posters were suggesting that it was a rubbish draw for both Woking and FCUM. Highest ranked team in the cup at the time, but the crappest ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here