Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs in Brizzle

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Chez, Moggy ( Now he has started divorce proceedings ) Dannyboyseagull and my good self are staying in Bristol on the saturday evening then driving up to Cardiff on the Sunday Morning. Anyone know any good watering holes where we can get lushed up.
I have heard Cafe Creme is class and the women will do anything for an extra tenner :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
:thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The waterfront area is OK - all your usual big named pubs. For a better night head up Park Street to Clifton.

Or you could do both.

BCFC Says No to Falmer

Parish Council NIMBYs
May 21, 2004
Bristol
I would go very carefull In Bristol centre most nights - But a Brighton fan in Bristol the night before a Play off final :shootself

Avoid the waterfront and Corn Street at all costs

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
f*** you!

Bristols no different to any other big town or city, if you go out an act like a wanker your going to get a slap . . .I know there plenty of kids on here, and I'm sure a good few deserve a slap from time to time, Ive spent many a good weekend down in Bristol and never witnessed any trouble, depends what you go looking for doesnt it.

BCFC Says No to Falmer

Parish Council NIMBYs
May 21, 2004
Bristol
Hmm you obviously havn't looked very hard have you - It goes off all over the place over nothing.

And when you add the factor of the local nutters on the look out for southern accents you get a nasty mix.

Just stay away from the two places and it won't be a problem

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I will be in Taunton that saturday evening so things should be fine there. Anyone going to that area of carrot crunching land PM me and we will meeet up!!!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
BCFC Says No to Falmer said:
Lets not give the man grief. He is trying to be helpful and for that I thank you. do you know and Bristol Rovers pubs. we will be safe in there :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hmm you obviously havn't looked very hard have you - It goes off all over the place over nothing.

And when you add the factor of the local nutters on the look out for southern accents you get a nasty mix.

that sort of thing tends to happen when you start interbreeding with close relatives :lolol:
there are a few no go areas in and around Brighton as well for what its worth, but judging by your superior literary skills and welcoming stance I suspect you wouldnt have experienced such things.

BCFC Says No to Falmer

Parish Council NIMBYs
May 21, 2004
Bristol
zefarelly said:
that sort of thing tends to happen when you start interbreeding with close relatives :lolol:
there are a few no go areas in and around Brighton as well for what its worth, but judging by your superior literary skills and welcoming stance I suspect you wouldnt have experienced such things.

Someone from a small seaside town calling someone inbred? The humour

As for the spelling and grammar - Haven't got time to check through - Bit sad picking little points like that eh?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is

I think you will find that is small seaside City mate :p

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

As for the spelling and grammar - Haven't got time to check through - Bit sad picking little points like that eh?

I wasn't referring to your spelling just the fact that you come on here offering threatning advice about whether its safe or not for anyone to go to Bristol, I dont think you'd be offered such advice if you where heading to the city of Brighton, far from it, the two places are worlds apart, perhaps if you got out a bit more you'd notice the difference !

BCFC Says No to Falmer

Parish Council NIMBYs
May 21, 2004
Bristol
zefarelly said:
I wasn't referring to your spelling just the fact that you come on here offering threatning advice about whether its safe or not for anyone to go to Bristol, I dont think you'd be offered such advice if you where heading to the city of Brighton, far from it, the two places are worlds apart, perhaps if you got out a bit more you'd notice the difference !

That's fair enough, but I don't have anything nice to say about our city centre on a night - It's violent.

The reason I know it's violent compared to other places is because I've been to plenty, and seeing how much more fun and relaxed they were is sad really.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I havent been to Bristol for a couple of years now but it never was like that

more recently (free flat to stay in!!!) we've been to Bath . . .nice place, just full of upper class pissed rugby boys !

I havent been to Cardiff for about 6 years, we've just booked a hotel in town for next Sunday, hopefully it'll still have windows when we check in !!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Go easy on the lad boys, despite his name. I've got several mates in Bristol who've had friends beaten up on nights out, so caution would probably be advised. Bit like Reading town centre on a saturday. Full of pissed-up c@@ts.

:drink:

BCFC Says No to Falmer

Parish Council NIMBYs
May 21, 2004
Bristol
t's only over the last 2-3 years it's got so bad - I have no idea why, it just seems to be random acts of violene.

Not a great fan of Bath, day or night. Find the place souless. The description in the "crap towns guide" is spot on - Well worth a look

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Out in Bristol City Centre almost nightly at the moment. I was last night - watched the game in Zebar in Clifton before going down the hill to The Park Bar and, when that closed at 1 (Bristol's great for late night bars that are not wanky night clubs) went next door to Embargo.

Never seen any fighting in Bristol at all. I'm sure it goes on but as others have said - no more than anywhere else...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here