Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Public warning - don’t take your kids to see Pinocchio

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Questions;946395[B said:
0]I ran out of the Plaza cinema i[/B]n Worthing when One Million B.C. first aired in about 1966. I didn’t get to see Rachel Welshs tits but caught up with them again a few years later.

Were her tits running away too?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Took my 6 year old to see the live action remake of that lovely 1940s cartoon Pinocchio.

It was genuinely disturbing.

Spoilers but he burnt his feet off, got hung, drowned as a donkey, elated by a sharped toothed whale but mainly the characters where scary as hell.

The wheezing tuna, nightmare inducing.

Worse than any saw film

Cant be as bad as Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Not as disturbing as me being taken to see 'The Land That Time Forgot' aged 5.

Still remember the nightmares.

I know just the bit that scared you first

sweet dreams

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

sweet dreams

I'm not even watching that. I can't escape to my parent's bed.

But on a more serious note, it shows how stuff like that can be damaging. I was seriously ****ed up for a few days.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Took my 6 year old to see the live action remake of that lovely 1940s cartoon Pinocchio.

It was genuinely disturbing.

Spoilers but he burnt his feet off, got hung, drowned as a donkey, elated by a sharped toothed whale but mainly the characters where scary as hell.

The wheezing tuna, nightmare inducing.

Worse than any saw film

Isn't the new version of Pinocchio, just a normal night in the Houses of Parliament???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My mother had to rush me out of the cinema when I started screaming at the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz. I was probably about 4. I can remember some woman saying to Mum, ‘Buy her the book, dear’ as she rushed me up the aisle. It was the cinema by Pool Valley.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Carry On Screaming did it for me.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
https://news.sky.com/story/disney-warns-viewers-about-racist-stereotypes-in-classic-films-on-streaming-service-12105375

Disney.JPG

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

sweet dreams

Cheers for that ! WTF ? I was five at the time.

EDIT: looks like this an old thread. So now I've seen it again twice. I'll book into therapy.

It should be funny but with all the plastic dinos but it still scares me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When me kids were aged about 2 and 4, made the mistake of hiring Watership Down out of Blockbusters. Just assumed it'd be some kind of lame shit with cuddly bunnies hopping about for about an hour and a half. Couldn't BELIEVE that I had to dive in and hit EJECT about 20 minutes in, when it suddenly turned into the mother of all Slasher Pics! Dunno what the effect was on the kids, but certainly left ME seriously traumatised :eek:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My parents took a 5 year old me and my 9 year old sister to see the 1976 version of King Kong at the cinema when it was released, in what was then West Germany (we lived out there for a few years). I guess the age certificates must've been a little more "relaxed" over there than it was with the BBBC. Anyway, I was getting fidgety wanting to see "the big monkey", because its a LONG time into that film when Kong finally makes his big entrance. "Where is he then ? Where is he ? Where's King Kong ? "Shhh, he'll be on soon" etc. The female sacrifice was in place, the trees start swaying about, then the enormity of Kong bursts into view on a 30ft screen.

My reaction ? "I...I want to go home now". I was quaking. Mum ended up sitting in the foyer with me, whilst dad and sister stayed and watched the rest of the film. And they NEVER let me forget it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
When me kids were aged about 2 and 4, made the mistake of hiring Watership Down out of Blockbusters. Just assumed it'd be some kind of lame shit with cuddly bunnies hopping about for about an hour and a half. Couldn't BELIEVE that I had to dive in and hit EJECT about 20 minutes in, when it suddenly turned into the mother of all Slasher Pics! Dunno what the effect was on the kids, but certainly left ME seriously traumatised :eek:

Yes I recall being terrified by that when watching it with a group of friends as a little kid.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Never seen it but it resulted in one of my favorite prog albums... "Music Inspired by Watership Down". The 16 minute first track is a killer.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
You should try taking him/her to a West Ham match. Far far more disturbing.

FA Cup match in 2007ish when Tevez was flicking the ball over our players and generally just pointing out how shit we were.

Every pub in the area had "away fans not welcome" signs in the windows and we eventually gave up and went into the pub pretty much attached to the stadium (The Boleyn maybe?). The barmaids were scarier than the blokes, who were all pretty scary looking. Good away day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here