Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Public 'Service' Unions to go on strike.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I know, I generally am.

Nonsense. Pure unadulterated rubbish.

I was a rep for MSF (now part of UNITE) for 9 years and for the NUT for 11 years. In all that time, I've been on strike once, with the NUT, and yes, it was the nu-Labour government we were striking against. It's also worth noting that this time the first teaching union to vote to strike was the ATL. They are the most right wing of the teaching unions, known for normally supporting the Tories and having a general no strike policy. This will be the first time that ATL have EVER gone on strike in schools.
We'll never agree mate. Let's agree to disagree.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Me? I've never signed on in my life. But then I went to the effort of getting myself qualified.

I don't think there's anything to be proud of in letting yourself get ripped off.

More importantly, the people who would normally be worse off have a family to feed. Feeding your kids should be a way higher priority than misplaced "personal pride".

I've never signed on either,what has being qualified got to do with it ? And can we please cut out the emotive "people with kids to feed" bollocks , you really are showing naivete if you believe that .

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I've never signed on either,what has being qualified got to do with it ? And can we please cut out the emotive "people with kids to feed" bollocks , you really are showing naivete if you believe that .

Are YOU really naive enough to believe that?

The fact is that a low paid job leaves you worse off if you have a family.

When you have a family to support, having enough money to the best for them comes first. In those circumstances, accepting a job that leaves you worse off is, IMO, higly irresponsible and has nothing to do with "pride".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here