Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Public Questions to be Asked at Lewes DC Meeting on Wednesday

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
He was talking about FPC, not LDC.

(Unless FPC are responsible for closing a hospital and not mending Newhaven streetlights)

Sorry, wrong again :blush:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The Auditor said:
Have the local TV been "invited" to the meeting?

I don't honestly think that wouls actually help the cause at all, because the South Today coverage the day the stadium approval was announced was nothing short of disgraceful.

Didn't see Meridian so can't comment on inviting them....

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Sorry for being stupid, but for what reason are LDC trying to delay this, I cannot believe they are wasting the money on this?

Above all WHY???

:nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Northstander said:
Sorry for being stupid, but for what reason are LDC trying to delay this, I cannot believe they are wasting the money on this?

Above all WHY???

They want us to die and go away.
Our planning permission from JP only lasts for 5 years. :nono:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
:censored:

Is there anything I can do oop north?

cant believe this bollox!

:censored: :censored:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Northstander said:

Is there anything I can do oop north?

cant believe this bollox!

:censored: :censored:

Get your MP to sign the EDM 1151 started by the 3 Brighton MPs

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
Get your MP to sign the EDM 1151 started by the 3 Brighton MPs

How do I find out my MP...:dunce: :lolol: ...Once I know who I promise I will send it on... can I get a link also?

Thanks and will do all I can on this one!

;)

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Got him...

Manchester Central Constituency
Tony Lloyd (Labour)

Just need to know or get a suggestion from NSc what I should send and advise him of?

:clap:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
:dunce: :lolol: :dunce:

Found the petition sheet on the thread further up!

:lolol: :dunce: :lolol:
:shootself

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seagull73 said:
I don't honestly think that wouls actually help the cause at all, because the South Today coverage the day the stadium approval was announced was nothing short of disgraceful.

Didn't see Meridian so can't comment on inviting them....
Hang on - South Today had the stadium decision as their lead story, and gave us at least 10 mins if memory serves (which in a programme thats only about 25 mins ain't bad). They had reporters at the Falmer site, at Donatellos, ran graphic features on the stadium, did an excellent "birds eye" view of the site with the stadium superimposed into position (something I'd never seen), numerous interviews....what MORE could you want ?

Its Meridien who are consistantly SHIT with the coverage, certainly compared with South Today.

Yorkie said:
Closing Downlands hospital in Newhaven, not mending street lights for 3 months in one road in Newhaven etc etc
These were complaints given to me by people signing the petition.
Neither of these complaints relate to the work of Lewes District Council.

Newhaven Downs Hospital was the responsibility of the South Downs and Weald Primary Care Trust, who took over its management from South Downs Health.

Street lights are the responsibility of East Sussex County Council.

All of which goes to illustrate the fact that Lewes District Council is a really small, tinpot local authority that is responsible for hardly anything. Which makes it even more irresponsible when they spend hundreds of thousands of pounds fighting against a stadium that local people actually want to see built.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
[QUESTION 8]

What have you got to say to aligations that LDC are !!!!!?

:lolol:

Slowhand

Aug 24, 2005
Near Lewes
The Northstander said:

Above all WHY???

The claim appears to be that by allowing the stadium the precedent will be set for other developments in an AONB. They appear to need to prove a point, or get clarification on what will or won't be allowed.

Sadly the stadium is the case they are using, they may have acted in the same way if it were an industrial estate or supermarket, or even, perhaps, a school.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
What astounds me is that in all their press releases they still keep mentioning that Prescott ignored the recommendations of two inspectors etc. etc. but surely that is irrelevant to the JR.
As far as I can see LDC are going to say that Prescott has gone against planning guidelines for building in an AONB, the government is going to say that they are allowed to as regenerating a deprived area is in the national interest and that will be the end of it with LDC substantially out of pocket.
Unfortunately for LDC Prescott has already laid all this out in his report.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We don't know what grounds LDC are going to object on yet. This is all top secret.

It may be that their lawyer has an 'ace' up his sleave, or it may well be that his confidential advice to them was ' I have to advise you that you have little hope in overturning this judgement, but if you are determined to appeal then... by the way my bill will be in the post'.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Slowhand said:

Sadly the stadium is the case they are using, they may have acted in the same way if it were an industrial estate or supermarket, or even, perhaps, a school.

But not an Opera House...:angry: :angry:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This is nothing but Scandalous, Glad I don't live in Lewes, I would be bloody livid!!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here