Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PS3, X360, or Wee?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
REDLAND said:
yer and the ford capri is the fastest car ever made :jester:

well when any of those consoles has a game with the sheer adictiveness, graphics and downright superb gameplay as world cup italia 90 then maybe i will consider purchasing one

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
REDLAND said:
yes my mate at work has a blueray DVD on his desk at work its quite unbelievable !!

even your not gonna diswayed me from getting one !!!

I'm just amazed at the amount of hype being swallowed... and the fact that people still talk about tech spec rather than games.

It's a bit like saying you're going to watch Arsenal next weekend... because you like the kit.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Wozza said:
It's a bit like saying you're going to watch Arsenal next weekend... because you like the kit.

err yer

:jester:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Wozza said:
I'm just amazed at the amount of hype being swallowed... and the fact that people still talk about tech spec rather than games.

wozza, your such a geek- is there anything about technology you DONT know?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Wozza said:
"Proof" of what?!

Anyway, tell us more about this mate and his "blueray DVD on his desk at work".

What did you watch? What did you watch it on? And in what way was it "unbelievable"?

did you work out how to do the comparrison between the PS3 and 360 ??

""Mouse over the default Xbox 360 image to see the PlayStation 3 comparison shot.""

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Yes, yes, what about your mate's Bluray player?

I'm sure loads of NSCers are interested in purchasing a hi-def DVD player in the future, so tell us all about it...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Wozza said:
Yes, yes, what about your mate's Bluray player?

I'm sure loads of NSCers are interested in purchasing a hi-def DVD player in the future, so tell us all about it...

really I'm so excited about this, unfortunatly the nature of my work means I shouldn't really publish the details on message board forums. I guess you just got to trust me :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo said:
What exactly is that proving?

Most of the 360 stuff looks better than the PS3 stuff by quite a long way. And the 360 will be 1080i at best.

I will give the benefit of the doubt to the PS3 as the games are first generation titles but it's not going to make me rush out and buy one on release at the moment.

its proving the PS3 screen shots look MUCH better than the xbox 360 ones :)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
REDLAND said:
really I'm so excited about this, unfortunatly the nature of my work means I shouldn't really publish the details on message board forums. I guess you just got to trust me :)

You're Captain Bullshit.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wozza said:

I might be wrong my old mucker but I thought I remember reading you saying that old retro game were shit pretty much just because they were old retro games.

Which is kinda opposite to what you're saying here isn't it. A good game is a good game, not because of the tech specs of the machine running it, and not just because of the graphics. It's that mystical X factor of playability that makes games great and that applies to games on the ZX Spectrum through to games on the current crop of consoles and beyond.

(Of course if you didn't say all retro games were crap, ignore all of this :D )

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Bozza said:
I might be wrong my old mucker but I thought I remember reading you saying that old retro game were shit pretty much just because they were old retro games.

Which is kinda opposite to what you're saying here isn't it. A good game is a good game, not because of the tech specs of the machine running it, and not just because of the graphics. It's that mystical X factor of playability that makes games great and that applies to games on the ZX Spectrum through to games on the current crop of consoles and beyond.

(Of course if you didn't say all retro games were crap, ignore all of this :D )

I think Wozzas problem is that if he owns one its great if he doesn't its crap ...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Bozza said:

Doubt I said that Bozza. But people do tend to wear rose tinted glasses with retro games.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
REDLAND said:
I think Wozzas problem is that if he owns one its great if he doesn't its crap ...

Nope, you're wrong - AGAIN.

I own every major console ever released in the UK, so I'm platform agnostic, not a fanboy spouting unfounded shit.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Wii for me too.

Interesting how things work out though as Playstation's have really become part of British lad's life. This was glorified mainly during the mid-90's on mags such as Loaded and FHM...You know the thing, men's living rooms/lounges full of beer cans, empty pizza boxes and a Playstation on the floor.

For this reason I still expect the PS3 to be huge despite the Wii probably being better and I believe the Wii will also be a big hit.

Albion, England & Nintendo forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here