Living In a Box
My two have shown no interest at all.

They have PSPs but prefer X box

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'll get one when they're cheaper and have a better selection of games.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I heard loads of people where cancelling their orders and importing due to a different chip in the UK version which wont play many old PS2 games

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Mine's on order.

Got an email last night to say it was definitely coming on the 23rd. :clap2:
So I hope they're not lying.

They have also decided to throw in an HDMI cable for free - bonus.

Only ordered the one game - Ridge Racer.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Makes a change for a console launch.

Usually really hard to get one

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
had one for months, it's shit at the moment, the games - look and play no better than PS2 ones.

Wait till it comes down in price

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
TonyW said:
Makes a change for a console launch.

Usually really hard to get one

Which should start to ring alarm bells. It maybe due to the popularity of Wii and the X-box 360 that pre-sales are slow.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Da Man Clay said:
Which should start to ring alarm bells. It maybe due to the popularity of Wii and the X-box 360 that pre-sales are slow.

Yeah but the Wii is shite.

It certainly isn't a next-gen console.
Graphics-wise its only marginally better than the Gamecube - and that's an insult to existing Nintendo customers (of which I am one).

Asd as for waving that bloody controller around like a demented traffic cop - no thanks:lolol:

The PS3, apart from jaw-dropping visuals (on the right TV) also has a Blue ray player. These sell for more than the asking price of a PS3 on their own, so I can't see a problem with the price.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
TonyW said:
Yeah but the Wii is shite.

It certainly isn't a next-gen console.
Graphics-wise its only marginally better than the Gamecube - and that's an insult to existing Nintendo customers (of which I am one).

Asd as for waving that bloody controller around like a demented traffic cop - no thanks:lolol:

The PS3, apart from jaw-dropping visuals (on the right TV) also has a Blue ray player. These sell for more than the asking price of a PS3 on their own, so I can't see a problem with the price.

I haven't played the Wii so cant really comment but it is certainly flying off the shelves and seems a decent laugh if you have a few mates round. My next console will be a PS3 and from what ive seen it does look pretty good just dont think its worth the asking price at the mo.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Mrs Coach said:
Whats a blue ray player? Did it have anything to do with assasinating my lovely Steve Irwin?
No don't think so, they're not waterproof apparently :lolol:

Its the next step in the DVD evolutionary chain.

You can put loads more data on one of these discs, so the publishers are going to use that extra capacity for high definition movies etc.
Can't wait to see one on my new shiny HD TV

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Personally (sorry that it's girly, but hey, I'm a laydee!) I'm looking forward to the 250 songs available on Singstar PS3 and the arcade classic 'Golden Axe' that I spent a fortune in ten pee's on the pier playing in days of yore.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's just too much money.

I remember paying out £300 for my PS2 on its original launch date, I shelled out £300 on my Xbox 360 and I waited patiently for my Wii, forking out just under £200 for it earlier this year.

But bugger me if I'm gonna pay over £500 for a bit of kit that's already getting slated by the press and fans alike, with very few games and a dodgy chip that us Europeans will just have to suffer whilst the rest of the world laughs at us being stuck in the dark ages, tied to our sole region when watching movies or playing games.

I'll probably get one when they're cheaper mind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here