Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Is your point that you have to go looking for such violence to find articles about it? Is it not absolute madness that there’s a “London Violence” tab at all!

It’s so out of control that 2 shootings and 2 stabbings don’t even make headline news anymore. I’ll say it again, it’s utterly out of control

What do you see specifically as out if control? Gun crime/stabbings/murder/violence in general? Just London or England/UK as a whole?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is your point that you have to go looking for such violence to find articles about it? Is it not absolute madness that there’s a “London Violence” tab at all!

It’s so out of control that 2 shootings and 2 stabbings don’t even make headline news anymore. I’ll say it again, it’s utterly out of control
No it isn't.

The homicide rate in London has remained almost static in the last nine years with 2017/18 (reporting periods cross years) being easily the highest.

Unfortunately you get this 'Londonistan no go area' nonsense from people who live nowhere near London on a regular basis and it's complete horseshit. People go to London all the time, for work, plays, food, seeing friends and relatives and tourism.

"Ah but that's only the nice bits"

And yet 3000 of us regularly go to Finsbury Park, the Seven Sisters Road, Thornton Heath / Norwood and Stratford, even after dark. We wouldn't if it was no go.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

My point is it isn't today's news. Its a collection of articles from the previous few days, some reporting sentencing on much older cases.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
No it isn't.

The homicide rate in London has remained almost static in the last nine years with 2017/18 (reporting periods cross years) being easily the highest.

Unfortunately you get this 'Londonistan no go area' nonsense from people who live nowhere near London on a regular basis and it's complete horseshit. People go to London all the time, for work, plays, food, seeing friends and relatives and tourism.

And yet 3000 of us regularly go to Finsbury Park, the Seven Sisters Road, Thornton Heath / Norwood and Stratford, even after dark. We wouldn't if it was no go.
I've been to some very suspect areas of London to watch non-league and I don't think I've ever felt unsafe, I've certainly never been stabbed, well not in London anyway.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
depends what you're seeing , there is definitely a large agenda being propagated here , there are a few different protagonists being put forward .
What is your agenda? You seem desperate to convince us that the UK is a dangerous place to live, and that somehow it would be much safer without immigration. Why?
I don't know when you left, but I bet there was more violence here then than today, and if immigration is higher than when you left, it probably isn't the problem you seem to think it is.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In the Sky News article they referenced his name, Abdullah, repeatedly.

Can't imagine they'd have done that if it was Bob.
The guy who tried to disarm the Southport attacker, was referenced by name (Jonathon) in every report. Not sure of your point, here?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I've been to some very suspect areas of London to watch non-league and I don't think I've ever felt unsafe, I've certainly never been stabbed, well not in London anyway.
You've been stabbed? You should have said.

:moo:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
one shot dead in east london , 3 teens shot in orpington ....the 2 stabbings you have mentioned and one in bethnal green ....this is what the BBC is showing me.
Maybe it’s time to start exporting all our criminals to Australia again pour encouragers les autres 🙂

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
No it isn't.

I notice how your argument is based solely on homicide, which i didn’t even mention specifically in my original post. So thanks for your politicians response to frame your argument!

My argument is regarding crime in general, specifically knife and gun crime. Knife crime in 23/24 was the second highest it’s been in 10 years, whilst gun crime reports rose from 1009 in 2022 to 1208 in the year ending December 2023.

And crime overall in London was at a 10 year high for reported incidents in 23/24. But hey, don’t let the facts get in the way of your narrative

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The guy who tried to disarm the Southport attacker, was referenced by name (Jonathon) in every report. Not sure of your point, here?
He seems to believe that we wouldn't let everyone know if the savior was white. In both cases their race hasn't been directly referenced though in this one I entirely agree with a hypothetical person who thought,oh he's called Abdullah, that's good let's get it out there before some bastards start saying it was a Muslim immigrant that did the stabbing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Far from being out of control, there's been a massive decline in violent crime over the last 20 years - and a decline over the last century. The UK is a safer, less violent place than it's ever been.

According to the Crime Survey for England and Wales, there were 894k violent crime offences in 2023, down from 2579k in 2003 (which itself was down from its 40-year peak of 4,464k

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Would you agree that imposing a curfew on men is fair? All the violence and death that happened recently is male on female.
Allow men to go to work and home again, but even there women aren’t safe.

Men are the problem!

This post might be taken literally or not.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I notice how your argument is based solely on homicide, which i didn’t even mention specifically in my original post. So thanks for your politicians response to frame your argument!

My argument is regarding crime in general, specifically knife and gun crime. Knife crime in 23/24 was the second highest it’s been in 10 years, whilst gun crime reports rose from 1009 in 2022 to 1208 in the year ending December 2023.

And crime overall in London was at a 10 year high for reported incidents in 23/24. But hey, don’t let the facts get in the way of your narrative

"Gun crime reports" are simply people calling the old bill to say they think someone's got a shooter, whether that turns out to be true and whether it was a Glock, a replica or a water pistol.

Only a week or so ago NSC clutched its crime pearls because a young lad was riding on the back of a bus with "a machete" that turned out to be a plastic toy. Orginal report for that? GB News which has a vested interest in keeping its dwindling audience scared.

Knives can be fatal. Guns can be fatal. Yet the number of homicides on the streets of London is flat to down. Fact. Measuring reports instead of deaths is just daft.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He seems to believe that we wouldn't let everyone know if the savior was white. In both cases their race hasn't been directly referenced though in this one I entirely agree with a hypothetical person who thought,oh he's called Abdullah, that's good let's get it out there before some bastards start saying it was a Muslim immigrant that did the stabbing.
I can see why there might be a reason to 'get that out there', but in this case it just seems that the guy who has run out of his shop and disarmed the attacker, has given interviews on the spot after the event, and given his name. It would be plain odd to NOT report it.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
"Gun crime reports" are simply people calling the old bill to say they think someone's got a shooter, whether that turns out to be true and whether it was a Glock, a replica or a water pistol.

Only a week or so ago NSC clutched its crime pearls because a young lad was riding on the back of a bus with "a machete" that turned out to be a plastic toy. Orginal report for that? GB News which has a vested interest in keeping its dwindling audience scared.

Knives can be fatal. Guns can be fatal. Yet the number of homicides on the streets of London is flat to down. Fact. Measuring reports instead of deaths is just daft.
😂😂😂

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Screenshot_2024-08-12-16-50-08-31_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I would like to see a Venn Diagram that showed the intersections between regular readers of the Daily Mail and Daily Express, or viewers of GB News, and those who believe London is overrun with violent crime.

I’m not a regular visitor these days, but have never had any problems there, and I have several friends still resident who report that London hasn’t changed much.

I questioned these reports of London having become a free for all crime zone, and a friend whose judgment I trust reports this as being down to (paraphrasing) gammons from the shires who have only ever been to London when their passport needs renewing, and hate the fact that Sadiq Khan is mayor.

London has always had, and will always have crime, but this consistent framing of London as some kind of no-go zone for political purposes, frankly embarrasses the right, and those who unthinkingly parrot it. They show their ignorance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here