Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's not 'planned' until 8 o'clock. I came up Queen's road about 30 minutes ago and a big fat nothing.

I'm planning to be there at 7.30 tonight for the anti rally when I am expecting a similar big fat nothing. I'll keep you up to date :thumbsup:
May you and Mrs WZ remain safe this evening, keep us all posted with your eye witness reports, btw have you had an early supper or do you have a reservation later?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Interesting how contrite one rioter now convicted has been. An indication of how an otherwise everyday normal person has been influenced and whipped into a frenzy to the point of attacking a policeman.

The parallels with history in this respect are there to be made obviously, and how mobs can and have morphed into revolutions, coups and in many instances utter bloodbaths with hundreds, thousands and even millions sometimes being killed. Usually after long periods of establishment decadency too. Fortunately still no one has been killed here, so far at least / as far as I’m aware. Interesting times as they say.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Is it illegal to buy/own a balaclava?
Proving who was wearing it would be tricky too.
Anyway, glad the Big Brother IS watching us.
Hopefully all crimes, including the likes of shoplifting and assault, will be investigated with equal vigour and resources.
For that to happen need to double your taxes, and there’s an outcry when it goes up by a penny. Nah, ain’t going to happen. Never has and never will. As for illegal to own a balaclava, I think you’ve overlooked the impracticalities, anlternatives and we also live in a democracy. Again, no chance.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hopefully all crimes, including the likes of shoplifting and assault, will be investigated with equal vigour and resources.

Strange reaction to more stupid, feral, violent rioters getting themselves nicked, thought like all law abiding sensible people, you'd be pleased :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Like this lot?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’m not sure I buy this argument. There has been an awful lot of discussion about immigration over the past decade, with government ministers leading the charge in demonising immigrants. This has created a helluva lot of space for anti-immigrant sentiment to be voiced without risk of being labelled a racist (at least not by the MSM).
I don’t pretend to know the minds of the scum who are “protesting”, but I think their “legitimate concerns” have been voiced loud and clear by the likes of Farage, Braverman, Anderson, Patel, etc etc for a decade or more.
Spot on. What there hasn't been is enough politicians articulating that we need immigration and, without it, x, y or z will follow. I actually posted what x, y and z constitute in a previous post; @chickens has been providing very detailed overviews of the key issues surrounding immigration on this thread -- not sure I've heard a politician making such an argument in a decade.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I would be interested to know how you think there is a middle ground between these rioters and the rest of us.

Can you even explain to me what the rioters want (their 'country back' according to the banners) and how rioting will achieve this?

You have always struck me as a sensible poster so I'd be interested in your explanation.

I was going to ask you this yesterday when you made a similar comment.
There is none whatsoever. You either condone it or condemn it - unreservedly.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Spot on. What there hasn't been is enough politicians articulating that we need immigration and, without it, x, y or z will follow. I actually posted what x, y and z constitute in a previous post; @chickens has been providing very detailed overviews of the key issues surrounding immigration on this thread -- not sure I've heard a politician making such an argument in a decade.

We absolutely don’t need immigrants on the scale that’s going to happen because of climate change. No one does. It will end in tears everywhere. Millions of people arriving in other countries end up in refugee camps and so forth and never move on, live in squalor and are desperately poor. No change there then. Been happening since forever. Eventually something must give and it’s usually unpleasant.

No idea what the solution is. No one does. Or surely someone would have implemented by now? Instead, it’s just a combination of bury your head, hope for the best and there but for the grace of god. I wouldn’t begrudge any of the millions moving from Africa and Asia to Europe or S.America to North we’ve seen and will rise in increasing unprecedented numbers. We’d all do the same in their circumstances. I think most people forget this. We’ve just been luckier by accident of birth.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Update: just asked my mate who works in Brighton, he says he saw a rozzer eating a sandwich outside M&S Food at the station. No word on the filling.
Truncheon mean?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Can anyone offer any current (genuine) info on the state of play in town, tonight?
I only ask as my o/h travels by bus from Hove to her place of work (near the Royal Sussex), at around 7.30pm, for a night shift. .
If anything is likely to kick-off, I'd like her to stay home, or possibly take a cab ( the long way around).

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I doubt much will happen other than an extended pride celebration in town but suppose we could be a target for trouble because of how inclusive we are down here..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here