Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Don't agree.

If you're a little bit racist then you're racist, end of.

Understanding has changed over time for sure (see TV comedy in the 70s, "hilarious" jokes about "Smelly Indians" etc) but that doesn't give you a middle ground in the current situation. If you're out and about protesting about brown and black people or 'the Muslims' then you're a lot racist. You're nowhere near a word in a definition.
yes if your protesting purely on those things then yes you are.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
i'm sorry , you seem to think i've bought into the illegal immigrant grooming gang narrative whereas i haven't , i'm just buying into the 160k plus illegal immigrant narrative in the last 12 months and that is a conservative figure ..........SOME quarters have it as high as 200 k ......who knows really.?

also , ask yourself seriously old boy , where are the bulk of the assaults perpetrated .......there are millions of little old white men in leafy towns and villages all over the UK who would never dream of kiddy fiddling , get a grip mate.
Unfortunately there has always been a number who do. The problem is that some people don’t wish to believe it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My fave so far. :ROFLMAO:
And there's a serious point, right? These people are absolute fvckwits. Imagine someone who attacks a police dog or riot shield, can't keep themselves dressed or turns a binfire into a curling iron. And then imagine a country run by the people that sort admire.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Hopefully nothing will happen tonight, but for businesses to deem this necessary, it's an extremely sad sight to see.

shops-boarded-up-in-queens-road-v0-2av6mydck8hd1.jpg

shops-boarded-up-in-queens-road-v0-b82ulzdck8hd1.jpg

shops-boarded-up-in-queens-road-v0-mpjauydck8hd1.jpg

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
of course im bothered ffs , still have friends and family in UK .....i work with a lad from Cov who showed me loads of vids from around the north and midlands , masked up mobs with Palestine flags picking on white people .......unless its some state of the art AI shit it doesn't look too good up the country at all. Are we now just arguing for the sake of it , are you in denial..? and what is ill informed about uncontrolled immigration ..?? are you saying its not happening ...?? is it the biggest act off misinformation so far of the 21st century..?
I work in cov and have not heard or seen this. Can you ask this lad in cov whereabouts please so I can ask the people I work with about it? Someone will know. Should be easy enough to get confirmation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can see your not understanding my point at all, then again just trying to take a middle point of view and see things from all sides doesn't seem to fit the narrative of this thread. IMHO that's the exact attitude that is stirring up trouble in the country, you have to take sides.
Yes, that's an interesting point.

I suppose it is true that I have taken sides.

Well, I suppose I'd consider sitting down and having a chat with the rioters to see what they have to say for themselves.

But I can't help commenting that I am not anticipating a coherent narrative. Perhaps I'd be pleasantly surprised.

None of it justifies the rioting, though, which is why I am indeed inclined to pick a side (the side of the police).

:thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Update: just asked my mate who works in Brighton, he says he saw a rozzer eating a sandwich outside M&S Food at the station. No word on the filling.
Cheese & ham-cuffs?
Humous & red pepper spray?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Starmer is deluded if he thinks harsh sentences will deter rioters imo. How do you identify people not arrested when they are wearing hoodies and scarves?
You track them back to when they're not wearing a face covering, where they used a card, car, bus, even to their home.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I can see your not understanding my point at all, then again just trying to take a middle point of view and see things from all sides doesn't seem to fit the narrative of this thread. IMHO that's the exact attitude that is stirring up trouble in the country, you have to take sides.
lol, what like the outright lies of Tommy Robinson which you seem very keen for people to listen to?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Starmer is deluded if he thinks harsh sentences will deter rioters imo. How do you identify people not arrested when they are wearing hoodies and scarves?

You track them back to when they're not wearing a face covering, where they used a card, car, bus, even to their home.
Or, as in at least one case, because they wore a mask and also a vest that showed their distinctive tattoos! :facepalm:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Deliciously, the police in Rotherham went to the closest shop that sold balaclavas, and clocked the culprits on CCTV.
Is it illegal to buy/own a balaclava?
Proving who was wearing it would be tricky too.
Anyway, glad the Big Brother IS watching us.
Hopefully all crimes, including the likes of shoplifting and assault, will be investigated with equal vigour and resources.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here