Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A little harsh old chap, especially given the first line of my post was ‘without speaking for him’.
Maybe. Apologies.

But thanks for meeting me half way :wink:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Tbf to him there’s plenty of reporting that you can find, he’s not a liar

The good old two tier policing argument. as far as I’m aware their were very few arrests of any note at the
pro Palestine demo’s as they didn’t spend their time trying to fill in the old bill. If they had then the response would be the same as it is with the rioters. He implied that the situation with the Palestine lot was on the same scale as the wankers kicking off now. It isn’t so why portray it as such. He’s doesn’t even live here. He’s an immigrant in another country.

and the incident above was reported and it was a scuffle …

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That post sums up why the country is in the mess it is in, your not allowed to take a middle view of things without people accusing you of being dishonest and trying to to stick up for people your not even sticking up for.

I was posting in reply to this post from you

I don't take sides, I like to listen to all sides and draw my own conclusion. At the moment I see good and bad on all sides but my biggest fear is at one of these protests/ demo's/ or riots as they are being called somebody from one side or another will be killed. If (and hopefully not when that happens) then it's going to be very difficult to stop all out war between various factions.

So I'll ask again. What are the 'good' things about the side rioting, attacking police and trying to attack Mosques and Asylum seekers ?

If you see good on all sides, it should be simple to explain ???

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Tbf to him there’s plenty of reporting that you can find, he’s not a liar

Well it was quite like a classic pub fight. Take the ballys and flags away and you've got shite arse gobs off to wrong group. Gets battered. Some of the group are trying to give him shoeing on the ground but most of them consider it done and get them to stop.
As an aside I find it somewhat odd that Yaxley Lennon, Farage and most of the rest that get so agitated by the prospect of immigrants flooding the country and possibly even taking it over are such staunch supporters of Israel.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well it was quite like a classic pub fight. Take the ballys and flags away and you've got shite arse gobs off to wrong group. Gets battered. Some of the group are trying to give him shoeing on the ground but most of them consider it done and get them to stop.
As an aside I find it somewhat odd that Yaxley Lennon, Farage and most of the rest that get so agitated by the prospect of immigrants flooding the country and possibly even taking it over are such staunch supporters of Israel.
And are people who have joint nationality ….. how anyone can hold themselves up as a bastion of British nationalism when they hold a second passport is beyond me. Hypocrites.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Maybe. Apologies.

But thanks for meeting me half way :wink:
I guess what I was trying to say is that you can sympathise with parts of a cause without needing to smash up towns, or condone those that do, that’s all.

And I also think it’s very easy for people in Brighton to have no concerns about immigration, while thinking they are living in some kind of multi-cultural melting-pot, where as the reality is it is a vastly white city with a few language schools, some 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants and a few people on holiday. It simply hasn’t had the kind of immigration that places like Bradford and Luton have had.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So I’m guessing the Brighton riot was a false alarm or was squashed before it could start. Good.

It's not 'planned' until 8 o'clock. I came up Queen's road about 30 minutes ago and a big fat nothing.

I'm planning to be there at 7.30 tonight for the anti rally when I am expecting a similar big fat nothing. I'll keep you up to date :thumbsup:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
On a side note, I actually think in some warped way these riots show what a civilised country the UK still is. If this had happened in many, many other counties (I’m almost tempted to say ‘most’) then there would have been scores of people killed by now. It’s also an excellent argument for gun control. If a large proportion of these rioters had guns at home, we would be in a very different situation right now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The good old two tier policing argument. as far as I’m aware their were very few arrests of any note at the
pro Palestine demo’s and they didn’t spend their time trying to fill in the old bill. If they had then the response would be the same as it is with the rioters. He implied that the situation with the Palestine lot was on the same scale as the wankers kicking off now. It isn’t so why portray it as such. He’s doesn’t even live here. He’s an immigrant in another country.

This.

And may I say that the standard of perspective by most people commenting on NSC is very decent.

We are always going to get angry people who see smoke and fire and conspiracy, people who torture every situation so it fits their narrative, and I do feel a bit sorry for them.

But it is important to call it out. Whether it be the trivial 'Starmer is deluded' or the more serious narrative that white people have a right to attack the police and 'asylum seekers' owing to 'legitimate concerns' that the rest of us need to meet 'half way'.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I guess what I was trying to say is that you can sympathise with parts of a cause without needing to snag up towns, or condone those that do, that’s all.

And I also think it’s very easy for people in Brighton to have no concerns about immigration, while thinking they are living in some kind of multi-cultural melting-pot, where as the reality is it is a vastly white city with a few language schools, some 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants and a few people on holiday. It simply hasn’t had the kind of immigration that places like Bradford and Luton have had.
I'm not disagreeing with anything you've written as such, but plenty of the incidents over the last few days have been in areas without significant immigration, and I imagine most of the rioters who come from elsewhere to kick off in other people's towns come from largely white areas as well.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It's not 'planned' until 8 o'clock. I came up Queen's road about 30 minutes ago and a big fat nothing.

I'm planning to be there at 7.30 tonight for the anti rally when I am expecting a similar big fat nothing. I'll keep you up to date :thumbsup:
Stay safe. I doubt anyone will turn up, but just in case.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Just been out for a bike ride and noticed that all the 27's heading into the city were completely empty. Unusual, especially in summer.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
How can a question be an attitude?

Are you going to explain or will you just leave us guessing?

I was posting in reply to this post from you

So I'll ask again. What are the 'good' things about the side rioting, attacking police and trying to attack Mosques and Asylum seekers ?

If you see good on all sides, it should be simple to explain ???
The good are the people that can protest peacefully with a genuine concern, the bad are protestors that riot and cause damage. It's not difficult to understand

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Without speaking for him, I would suggest that he is suggesting that a lot of people are concerned about immigration in this country for a number of reasons, and these rioters are at the extreme end of the scale, and that this concern has manifested itself into this. The inability to be able to have a sensible conversation about immigration without being called RACIST if you have concerns about it in this country, has got us to the point where suddenly people don't care if they are called RACIST anymore. And that is what is happening outside. All that stuff had bubbled beneath the surface for so long, then something happened that, for whatever reason, tipped people over the edge, and now it's all kicked off.
I’m not sure I buy this argument. There has been an awful lot of discussion about immigration over the past decade, with government ministers leading the charge in demonising immigrants. This has created a helluva lot of space for anti-immigrant sentiment to be voiced without risk of being labelled a racist (at least not by the MSM).
I don’t pretend to know the minds of the scum who are “protesting”, but I think their “legitimate concerns” have been voiced loud and clear by the likes of Farage, Braverman, Anderson, Patel, etc etc for a decade or more.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
oh once again just personal experience mate ....i'm 58 and i don't know any paedos as far as i'm aware......i don't actually know anyone who knows anyone ....do you...? have a think about what you're being fed.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry here mate.
Please just accept my apology, I never meant for you to take the meaning that lots of white men are nonces, but please also, stay away from statistics, they are not for you.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
pro Palestine demo’s as they didn’t spend their time trying to fill in the old bill. If they had then the response would be the same as it is with the rioters. He implied that the situation with the Palestine lot was on the same scale as the wankers kicking off now. It isn’t so why portray it as such. He’s doesn’t even live here. He’s an immigrant in another country.

But you’ll agree he wasn’t lying?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm not disagreeing with anything you've written as such, but plenty of the incidents over the last few days have been in areas without significant immigration, and I imagine most of the rioters who come from elsewhere to kick off in other people's towns come from largely white areas as well.
Oh absolutely, there is always rent-a-mob at these things. Just like there was in 1995-1997 at the Goldstone. People love a ruck for whatever reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here