Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I never said ALL people will be deterred.

And you will find that Starmer said no such thing.

My guess is you don't like Starmer and have allowed your antipathy to run away with itself.

If there is even only one riot tonight you will imagine you have proven your point.

<sigh>

:shrug:
No I won’t, all I am suggesting is that threats will deter very few of these racist scum. If Sunak or any other politician had said it I would still hold the same opinion.

Sigh away

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Imagine if the opposite were true

Young people couldn't wait to get out and stay out of our country and we couldn't attract anyone with any skill or aspiration. We'd be like a larger version of Croydon!

But seriously, our nation would be properly screwed

The fact that people want to come here shows that actually as a nation we aren't in a terrible place and we're doing something right

And pensions. Many older people think that the money they have put in is in some vault somewhere waiting for them. Nope. It's been spent. But the good news is that there is a young generation paying taxes who can pay for it. But there aren't enough to pay for all you lingering oldies. So if there are young trying to get in, the old really should be welcoming them with open arms
Yep totally agree and for the record I am one of the oldies

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Starmer is deluded if he thinks harsh sentences will deter rioters imo. How do you identify people not arrested when they are wearing hoodies and scarves?
There are other means of identifying people, but masks do make it harder and some/many will avoid prosecution this way.
Easier way to avoid getting nicked is to stay away.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Starmer is deluded if he thinks harsh sentences will deter rioters imo. How do you identify people not arrested when they are wearing hoodies and scarves?

You’d be surprised, people rarely leave their homes wearing a balaclava. This is far from the first event where the police have had to track down people hiding their features.

I suspect they’ll be looking at CCTV on the transport services and from the stations and bus stops, and tracing individual journeys back where they need to.

They won’t bother for those who just wave their fists at the police then go home, but if somebody does something stupid enough, they become worth taking the time to track down.

There’s going to be fewer and fewer protesters as the week goes on, if only because:

a) you’ve got to have a certain level of wealth and energy to keep travelling around the country and

b) arrests begin to take some enthusiasm (and some of the serial offenders) out of the equation.

I suspect tonight is likely to be the peak of this spate of violence and stupidity, with perhaps a second peak this weekend. I hope nobody does anything incredibly stupid out there, but intelligence isn’t this lot’s strength.

There’s so much commercial metadata out there that will incriminate those taking part. You go on the train or bus and you’re on CCTV, you go in a car and your license plate is on ANPR systems and service station CCTV.

Now you’ve got counter-terrorism police investigating where the calls to organize came from and who’s aiding and abetting these enemies of England.

They’re not going to enjoy life over the next few weeks. While the riots are dreadful, I’m almost glad that they’ve stepped out into the open in this way. Now we get to find out who they are.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Imagine rioting and blaming immigrants because you’re a racist and have failed at life. The quicker these rats are jailed the better. Thick idiots.

If there is a counter demo, I could be very tempted to join and stand up to these monsters.
Exactly...you've got to think that a lot of this is sh1t people with sh1t lives doing sh1t things. I'd imagine many of them are the did you spill my pint biffa bacon types.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Does anyone recall the speeches of Farage, before and after the general election? Didn't he warn Labour of something apocalytic, very quickly?

I'll try and dig it out.
Tangentially related but I was listening to The News Agents podcast this morning and they made an interesting point about how Farage has been pretty quiet the last couple of days and that he's not exactly known for keeping his trap shut.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Anybody fancy a two or three year holiday at His Majesty's pleasure?

Faces of the first 3 thugs jailed after joining violent 'mobs'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i cant work out if things are coordinated or on the hoof.
i've notice the protests/riots have not been very organic, no sustained trouble in a place to satisfy a grievance. show up and tear up for a day then move on, it's like a protest on tour. but then in the disorder there's no real focal point other than chatter about immigrants, they dont even target anything consistently. it's as if someone had an idea for a summer of disorder then doesnt really have the nous to plan it properly.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was using it in a different context but that aside.

If you do a search on "Retard" above you will find a couple of @Guinness Boy political fellow travellers using it on the first page of results. May I suggest you take it up with him why they didn't get a months ban for "Words we dont use here" that is if your being genuine and not looking for an excuse to bash a political opponent?

Here let me help you, Han Solo

"The lad really only wants to make young people play good football that people enjoy... that's pretty much it. The fact that he has not said a single word in media for 13 months pretty much shows how uninterested he is in all the sideshow shit. That he's not a complete f***ing retard who turns down £50m doesn't really change the basics.""

Zeberdi

Not defending him but he did say that the Arizona total ban ‘goes too far’ - an impressive conciliatory position indeed for a misogynistic, serial sex offender (according to scores of women) - an emotional retard who thinks women’s bodies have no value at all other than to be objectified and serve his predatory behaviour.
Absolutely no point tagging me except to troll. This is your thread ban warning.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Often by their distinctive tattoos.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Save the prison space, perhaps we could deport a few of the thugs to Rwanda. It's a deterrent apparently.
Rwanda policy is dead. That was under the Tories, and now we have a Labour (different) government who have killed the policy.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I was using it in a different context but that aside.

If you do a search on "Retard" above you will find a couple of @Guinness Boy political fellow travellers using it on the first page of results. May I suggest you take it up with him why they didn't get a months ban for "Words we dont use here" that is if your being genuine and not looking for an excuse to bash a political opponent?

Here let me help you, Han Solo

"The lad really only wants to make young people play good football that people enjoy... that's pretty much it. The fact that he has not said a single word in media for 13 months pretty much shows how uninterested he is in all the sideshow shit. That he's not a complete f***ing retard who turns down £50m doesn't really change the basics.""

Zeberdi

Not defending him but he did say that the Arizona total ban ‘goes too far’ - an impressive conciliatory position indeed for a misogynistic, serial sex offender (according to scores of women) - an emotional retard who thinks women’s bodies have no value at all other than to be objectified and serve his predatory behaviour.
Wtf is wrong with you? Why are you dragging me into an argument that has nothing to do with me?

I’ve constantly defended your right to express your political opinions on NSC, have always treated you with respect and have often called others out for trolling you despite you trolling my thread for years. Yet you have frequently been rude and abusive towards me and frequently jumping on my posts and been incredibly insulting.

You attempting to throw me under the bus on a completely unrelated thread to get me banned for words I wrote about Trump, in a war you have going with the mods and has nothing whatsoever to do with me is trolling of the grandest order. 😡

You deserve a fcuking ban imo for behaving like this.

As for your whining to @Bozza last week about being a victim of ‘unfair and biased’ moderating - grow the fcuk up or find another forum to peddle your far right views and conspiracy theories on.

Apologies to anyone else reading this.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here