Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Do you mind explaining how the mechanics of this worked? I mean, what was it Labour did to get this mass migration, that would keep them in power for ever, and how come we have just had 14 years of Tory?
Blair opened up fully to the new EU Eastern European countries, which I think was a mistake at that time, but I don't see how that works as a weapon against Tories?
You'll have to forgive me for my sketchy memory, read the book about 6 years ago, my friend borrowed it and never returned it so I can't reread that section. Was certainly along the lines of immigrants were more likely to vote Labour as they were much more welcoming to them than the Tories. Very much a political decision to increase immigration. As you say, we've just had 14 years of Tory or Tory led Government's, so perhaps that policy backfired !!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No I won’t, all I am suggesting is that threats will deter very few of these racist scum. If Sunak or any other politician had said it I would still hold the same opinion.

Sigh away
You said Starmer is deluded.

For saying something he didn't say :shrug:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
You’d be surprised, people rarely leave their homes wearing a balaclava. This is far from the first event where the police have had to track down people hiding their features.

I suspect they’ll be looking at CCTV on the transport services and from the stations and bus stops, and tracing individual journeys back where they need to.

They won’t bother for those who just wave their fists at the police then go home, but if somebody does something stupid enough, they become worth taking the time to track down.

There’s going to be fewer and fewer protesters as the week goes on, if only because:

a) you’ve got to have a certain level of wealth and energy to keep travelling around the country and

b) arrests begin to take some enthusiasm (and some of the serial offenders) out of the equation.

I suspect tonight is likely to be the peak of this spate of violence and stupidity, with perhaps a second peak this weekend. I hope nobody does anything incredibly stupid out there, but intelligence isn’t this lot’s strength.

There’s so much commercial metadata out there that will incriminate those taking part. You go on the train or bus and you’re on CCTV, you go in a car and your license plate is on ANPR systems and service station CCTV.

Now you’ve got counter-terrorism police investigating where the calls to organize came from and who’s aiding and abetting these enemies of England.

They’re not going to enjoy life over the next few weeks. While the riots are dreadful, I’m almost glad that they’ve stepped out into the open in this way. Now we get to find out who they are.
Ban the covering of faces. Now there’s an irony.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Then I'm sorry, but whether intentionally or not, I believe you are trying to put a justification forward for the feral scum who are rioting.

I'm really struggling to see the 'good' in the 'side' that have been attacking police, wrecking properties and cars and trying to burn asylum seekers, mosques and Law firms for over a week.

Or those that cheer them on from the sidelines.
Or those that try to justify their actions :shrug:
That post sums up why the country is in the mess it is in, your not allowed to take a middle view of things without people accusing you of being dishonest and trying to to stick up for people your not even sticking up for.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I predict a low turn out by the far right in Brighton tonight, can't see them bothering coming down on mass, there are other areas in Sussex that would bring out local sympathisers to their cause.
Luckily in Brighton we are fairly welcoming here, and cannot recall seeing or hearing about right wing groups in Brighton for a long, long time.
Plus add the local school children are quite politically aware along with the large student population, love this City.

The peoples republic of Brightonia

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
See, this is where your lack of thought has led you down the wrong path.
You can look at crime stats and see the majority is committed by men aged 18-30, but it doesn't mean a majority of 18-30 year old are criminals.
90% of child sexual offenders are white males, in an 81% white country. This includes those that committed their offences as a group, and those that acted alone, which would suggest your kids are more at risk from a white man.
But even then it's misleading, most child victims of sexual assault, are assaulted by a family member, so statistically, your kids are most at risk of a sexual assault from you or your brother.
I would kick your own front door in, just in case.
i'm sorry , you seem to think i've bought into the illegal immigrant grooming gang narrative whereas i haven't , i'm just buying into the 160k plus illegal immigrant narrative in the last 12 months and that is a conservative figure ..........SOME quarters have it as high as 200 k ......who knows really.?

also , ask yourself seriously old boy , where are the bulk of the assaults perpetrated .......there are millions of little old white men in leafy towns and villages all over the UK who would never dream of kiddy fiddling , get a grip mate.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I predict a low turn out by the far right in Brighton tonight, can't see them bothering coming down on mass, there are other areas in Sussex that would bring out local sympathisers to their cause.
Luckily in Brighton we are fairly welcoming here, and cannot recall seeing or hearing about right wing groups in Brighton for a long, long time.
Plus add the local school children are quite politically aware along with the large student population, love this City.

The peoples republic of Brightonia
Brighton is not Birmingham , Coventry , Leicester ,Luton , Bradford , Oldham or Rochdale ....why would people travel down to Brighton , they are more concerned with their own towns/cities.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The law will be applied to these people as well. This won't be immediate, so there will be scope for false information to be disseminated about this, but don't let an echo chamber tell you that different standards are applied for different people
echo chamber ....ha ha ha ....the BBC is the echo chamber of all echo chambers , twisted , slanted , biased content ....proven time and time again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tangentially related but I was listening to The News Agents podcast this morning and they made an interesting point about how Farage has been pretty quiet the last couple of days and that he's not exactly known for keeping his trap shut.
He 'what-iffed' about the 'rumours' that the Stockport nut job was 'a muslim' a week ago.

I'm guessing he is waiting for serious trouble by Muslim yoof to trigger 'told you so' bollocks.

Albeit we have already has some Muslim yoof prancing about.

Maybe he is genuinely unsure how to milk the situation. I'm sure he'll pop up again soon though, to 'save the day' with his wisdom and leadershit.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
i'm sorry , you seem to think i've bought into the illegal immigrant grooming gang narrative whereas i haven't , i'm just buying into the 160k plus illegal immigrant narrative in the last 12 months and that is a conservative figure ..........SOME quarters have it as high as 200 k ......who knows really.?

also , ask yourself seriously old boy , where are the bulk of the assaults perpetrated .......there are millions of little old white men in leafy towns and villages all over the UK who would never dream of kiddy fiddling , get a grip mate.
Finally! The voice of reason.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Update on this. Some locals are livid that this guy has been banned and boycotting the place! Differing views coming from some!
I’m sure the manager is gutted

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Proven criminal records. Most ’kiddy fiddling’ as you call it, takes place within the family.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That post sums up why the country is in the mess it is in, your not allowed to take a middle view of things without people accusing you of being dishonest and trying to to stick up for people your not even sticking up for.

I would be interested to know how you think there is a middle ground between these rioters and the rest of us.

Can you even explain to me what the rioters want (their 'country back' according to the banners) and how rioting will achieve this?

You have always struck me as a sensible poster so I'd be interested in your explanation.

I was going to ask you this yesterday when you made a similar comment.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Tangentially related but I was listening to The News Agents podcast this morning and they made an interesting point about how Farage has been pretty quiet the last couple of days and that he's not exactly known for keeping his trap shut.
Waiting for an immigrant to do something awful.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe I should have said state of her tweet or X message. Funny though no one has pointed out acts of misogyny on the Astrid Wett thread where there are plenty 🙄
Whataboutery.
Astrid courts publicity good and bad.

Pub landlady has a photograph in the press, and men feel entitled to comment on the state of her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here