Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Okay fair enough, but I am not sure he is trying to fix anything? Also Jess Phillips needs to resign, her tweets yesterday are on a par with the Conservatives at their best, bad eggs the lot of them. This country's political system is broken.
I don’t like Starmer. But I’m willing to give him a chance. For a while at least.

We’ll see. Like you, I have largely given up any faith in politicians. They have much to prove.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
In case you're not a complete WUM I'll bite. How do you think Keir Starmer is responsible for any of this and should resign? Conspiracy theory racist bile on SM leading to violent disorder, looting and vandalism, in response to the heartbreaking murder of 3 young girls in Southport is the responsibility of the PM ? Please elaborate, the floor is yours
It's not what you do it's the way that you do it, Starmer is so far removed from the mood of this nation, this has been building for years the heartbreaking murder of 3 young girls was the trigger. Grooming gangs raping young women this country is a tinderbox and Starmer is in his Westminster bubble like his predecessors, blinkers on playing their political games disgusting the lot of them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'This is a national emergency' - Director of Public Prosecutions, ITV News.
aka "we have a mandate to seriously kick some bottom"

Bring it on.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
aka "we have a mandate to seriously kick some bottom"

Bring it on.
tenor.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t like Starmer. But I’m willing to give him a chance. For a while at least.

We’ll see. Like you, I have largely given up any faith in politicians. They have much to prove.
I suspect he is actually a genuinely effective and resolute 'quiet man' (dull but worthy), unlike the Japanese tit with the cough. Iain Dunkin Donut Smith.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Noted and agreed but Mr Blair caused this problem lest we forget.
Interesting you say that. I read a book written by Fraser Nelson a few years back, called 'The Strange Death of Europe' I think, about mass migration into the EU. Quite striking was the quotes from his immigration minister, think it might have been Barbara Roache, Irish perhaps, about using mass migration as a weapon against the Conservatives, to give Labour a permanent majority. Certainly a grain of truth in that

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Good points.

I recently received a months ban for calling someone a retard who called me a moron and another poster called me Scum, the posts were on the same page I believe . Neither of those posters received a sanction.

Given the standard of one sided moderating can you not see how reporting behaviour can be seen as a futile gesture?. If a moderator can follow a thread and behave in that way there really is little I can do.

If you are looking for some positive changes maybe disable the laughter emoji in political threads?. If you don't know what I'm talking about then audit any political thread.

Just catching up on this thread.

For a minute there I actually thought you were complaining for receiving a ban for using that word to try and insult someone. That's almost as bad as @Tom Hark Preston Park asking for an alternative word to use to descripe football hooligans who were causing trouble in Germany.

Let me tell you, that is a disgusting word to use. Abhorrent. I am sick of seeing it banded around here and there. You've clearly not got children because if you did you wouldn't use it.

You do not know what it means or have any idea the difficulty parents of children with developmental disabilities have to cope with minute to minute.

There are parents, on this very message board who haven't had more than 3 hours solid sleep for nearly 6 years because their child does not sleep, even though they are on medication to help.

There are parents on here, who work 8-5, whose children FINALLY fall asleep at 10pm who have to go to sleep immediately their children do just to get 3 hours sleep before work in the morning.

There are parents on here, who do not know how to make their child feel calm when an advert comes on the tele they do not like, or someone knocks on the door and it's out of their routine, so they bite themselves so hard they bleed to regulates their emotions, or bang their head on the wall.

There are parents on here, who despite having a 5 year old son, have never been called Dad before because their son is non-verbal and can't communicate as he would like to.

There are parents on here, who gets stared at because they are taking their child for a walk and he is in a buggy.

There are parents on here, who have to go through untold difficulties, some which nobody understands, and stuff which everybody takes for granted. Parents who have to take 3 outfits with them for a 10 minute walk, just incase it rains, or my son spills his drink. The child cannot cope with getting wet, literally a drop. LITERALLY A DROP.

Could you cope? Because I can barely manage, he's my son, and I love him more than you could imagine. Seeing people use the R word as a Insult an then complain it. No sympathy. I take it personally. THINK!!!

Sorry for going off topic, not the thread for this but I am sick of it.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

For a minute there I actually thought you were complaining for receiving a ban for using that word to try and insult someone. That's almost as bad as @Tom Hark Preston Park asking for an alternative word to use to descripe football hooligans who were causing trouble in Germany.

Let me tell you, that is a disgusting word to use. Abhorrent. I am sick of seeing it banded around here and there. You've clearly not got children because if you did you wouldn't use it.

You do not know what it means or have any idea the difficulty parents of children with developmental disabilities have to cope with minute to minute.

There are parents, on this very message board who haven't had more than 3 hours solid sleep for nearly 6 years because their child does not sleep, even though they are on medication to help.

There are parents on here, who work 8-5, whose children FINALLY fall asleep at 10pm who have to go to sleep immediately their children do just to get 3 hours sleep before work in the morning.

There are parents on here, who do not know how to make their child feel calm when an advert comes on the tele they do not like, or someone knocks on the door and it's out of their routine, so they bite themselves so hard they bleed to regulates their emotions, or bang their head on the wall.

There are parents on here, who despite having a 5 year old son, have never been called Dad before because their son is non-verbal and can't communicate as he would like to.

There are parents on here, who gets stared at because they are taking their child for a walk and he is in a buggy.

There are parents on here, who have to go through untold difficulties, some which nobody understands, and stuff which everybody takes for granted. Parents who have to take 3 outfits with them for a 10 minute walk, just incase it rains, or my son spills his drink. The child cannot cope with getting wet, literally a drop. LITERALLY A DROP.

Could you cope? Because I can barely manage, he's my son, and I love him more than you could imagine. Seeing people use the R word as a Insult an then complain it. No sympathy. I take it personally. THINK!!!

I have Creepy Dingbat on ignore.

It seems my judgement was correct. :shrug:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Bravo !! Well said.

And Bravo to all those parents (and so many many more), you are all nothing short of incredible. And incredible in a way they have no idea, just doing what needs to be done for their kids.

No doubt our fellow poster never bothered to try and answer the question as to why he got banned for that word and others didn't for other words.

Anyway, back to work at a school for students that @Crawley Dingo would use to insult others... And they play the victim when banned for it. I suggest you educate yourself CD, maybe go and do some volunteer work with the people you find such and insult. See their worth, and perhaps uncover yours too.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In case you're not a complete WUM I'll bite. How do you think Keir Starmer is responsible for any of this and should resign? Conspiracy theory racist bile on SM leading to violent disorder, looting and vandalism, in response to the heartbreaking murder of 3 young girls in Southport is the responsibility of the PM ? Please elaborate, the floor is yours

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Okay fair enough, but I am not sure he is trying to fix anything? Also Jess Phillips needs to resign, her tweets yesterday are on a par with the Conservatives at their best, bad eggs the lot of them. This country's political system is broken.
I’ve just read about Phillips and her comments, she is stoking the racial tension fire as much as anyone with those comments.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

A guy minding his own business smoking outside a pub got attacked by around ten thugs.
You are correct if we selectively choose the sky reporter clip then yes no acts of violence occurred in that one particular clip.

Not sure he was ‘minding his own business’

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not what you do it's the way that you do it, Starmer is so far removed from the mood of this nation, this has been building for years the heartbreaking murder of 3 young girls was the trigger. Grooming gangs raping young women this country is a tinderbox and Starmer is in his Westminster bubble like his predecessors, blinkers on playing their political games disgusting the lot of them.
Think he’s just been elected and for most law abiding people he’s got the mood spot on.

This country isnt a tinderbox, a certain type of person has been led to believe that rape, murder, terror and whatever else is mostly being undertaken by immigrants. Only they don’t really need to believe it because they already ‘know it’.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
It depends.

Queens Road tomorrow has been mentioned approximately 57 times and can be seen on almost any page.

You’re the first to call it a riot before it’s happened though.
Do you reply to every message being a total pillock? I was merely posting the possibility of a riot in Brighton tomorrow to advise anyone who doesn’t know to keep them safe

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
How the f*** do you work that out. Starmer is a lawyer and I’m not a fan of lawyers, however i would say hek’s handled this pretty well. Trying to blame him for this is just another level of stupid.
Racism is racism is racism. The murder of the little girls wasn’t a trigger it was an excuse. Two very different things!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here