Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m not convinced about that, sadly. When was the last time there was this much disorder in this many cities across the country, involving this many people? And the amount of awful racist stuff on X is insane, I’ve never seen it like this before. I think it’s exposed the fact that a lot more people hold these views than was generally thought.
On holiday on the river Wye and it’s all peaceful here.

That said, I’m ready to stand up to these people.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They’re all going to crawl back under their rocks when they see the consequences being handed out - which is why Starmer is pushing so hard to rush the cases through court.
Yep. Twenty four hour sessions. Names and faces published. Some of the more egregious oafs featured on the TV.

With accompanying sobbing from the convicted.

Starmer smoked out the likes of Jezza and Wrong Bailey by waiting till they gobbed off, and pouncing.

Our lazy entitled wanka racist element have just gone and done a massive Wrong Bailey, and are about to be swept into the sea.

Meanwhile the agitators, wanking themselves furiously in Aiya Napa and elsewhere, are about to experience a new world of pain.

Great days.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

What an utterly obnoxious, arrogant, patronising, insulting, racist interviewer - I commend the Muslim guys for their patience - If I were a Muslim, I would have been very tempted to punch him in the face if he’d got right up into my face with his self-righteous diatribes like that, waving texts that I saw as ‘holy’ in front of my nose to pull them apart. But then if I followed Islam, I guess I wouldn’t because Islam teaches peace.

I haven’t read the Qur’an but I suspect the verse he is nitpicking is being misinterpreted- the Qur’an is not calling Jews ‘dogs’ but saying those who have not heeded the spiritual calling of the prophet cling to the earth like dogs (or any other animal) and are left with basic instincts rather than looking to ‘heavenly’ matters. The Christian Bible frequently quotes Jesus calling non-believers, “brooding vipers”, “pigs” and “dogs” etc (eg Matt. 7:6). Both Christianity and Islam are ‘replacement’ theologies - which tended to be hard in the day on those who could not/would not accept the words of the new ‘living’ prophets.

Rather like those in contemporary Britain and US - so deeply divided by political ideology, calling each other similar dehumanising names such as ‘animals’, ‘scum’, ‘dogs’, “pigs’, “sub-human” etc

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour and the complete antipathy of how to engage in race relations (or political pragmatism)

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What an utterly obnoxious, arrogant, patronising, insulting, racist interviewer - I commend the Muslim guys for their patience - If I were a Muslim, I would have been very tempted to punch him in the face if he’d got right up into my face with his self-righteous diatribes like that, waving texts that I saw as ‘holy’ in front of my nose to pull them apart. But then if I followed Islam, I guess I wouldn’t because the Qur’an teaches peace.

I haven’t read the Qur’an but I suspect the verse he is nitpicking is being misinterpreted- the Qur’an is not calling Jews ‘dogs’ but saying those who have not heeded the spiritual calling of the prophet cling to the earth like dogs (or any other animal) and are left with basic instincts rather than looking to ‘heavenly’ matters. The Christian Bible frequently quotes Jesus calling non-believers, “brooding vipers”, “pigs” and “dogs” etc (eg Matt. 7:6). Both Christianity and Islam are ‘replacement’ theologies - which tended to be hard in the day on those who could not/would not accept the words of the new ‘living’ prophets.

Rather like those in contemporary Britain and US - so deeply divided by political ideology, calling each other similar dehumanising names such as ‘animals’, ‘scum’, ‘dogs’, “pigs’, “sub-human” etc

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour and the complete antipathy of how to engage in race relations (or political pragmatism)

And aside from that, based on the 2 minutes I watched, it has feck all to do with the thread.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
'This is a national emergency' - Director of Public Prosecutions, ITV News.

Declaring something a ‘national emergency’ may allow the Government to implement emergency powers (temporary legislation) and additional management measures at a local level as they did during the Pandemic - it also releases extra funding. There’s an organisational reason for something being declared a ‘civil emergency’. It doesn’t need to send anyone into reels of panic.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Blimey, so many Cobra meetings. Starmer is clueless, just like the other previous clowns before him.
"Meet the new boss same as the old boss"

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Blimey, so many Cobra meetings. Starmer is clueless, just like the other previous clowns before him.
"Meet the new boss same as the old boss"
Seems to be doing a pretty good job.

Putting in place measures to deal with the people charged with a crime and giving the police powers to bring them in.

What else would you like to see him doing? Genuine question.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Seems to be doing a pretty good job.

Putting in place measures to deal with the people charged with a crime and giving the police powers to bring them in.

What else would you like to see him doing? Genuine question.
Resign

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
If I were a Muslim, I would have been very tempted to punch him in the face if he’d got right up into my face with his self-righteous diatribes like that, waving texts that I saw as ‘holy’ in front of my nose to pull them apart.
Speakers corner is a free speech area, it's the one place in the country where you can say what you like about Islam and not be arrested by the police in public. Muslims often outnumber Christians in that area. There have been multiple attacks and even murder attempts by Islamists at the park. The debate is often heated and and it's often shouting match but by and large most don't resort to violence.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He has no clue on what is happening in this country, just lock em up, yep that will solve the problem. :facepalm:
Not sure he has a choice. Rioting is a criminal act.

In the bigger picture he is trying to fix a broken asylum system, neglected and deliberately run into the ground over the last 14 years.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
In case you're not a complete WUM I'll bite. How do you think Keir Starmer is responsible for any of this and should resign? Conspiracy theory racist bile on SM leading to violent disorder, looting and vandalism, in response to the heartbreaking murder of 3 young girls in Southport is the responsibility of the PM ? Please elaborate, the floor is yours

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Not sure he has a choice. Rioting is a criminal act.

In the bigger picture he is trying to fix a broken asylum system, neglected and deliberately run into the ground over the last 14 years.
Okay fair enough, but I am not sure he is trying to fix anything? Also Jess Phillips needs to resign, her tweets yesterday are on a par with the Conservatives at their best, bad eggs the lot of them. This country's political system is broken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here