Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You think rioters think?
I was going to slip that in at the end but it didn't quite scan.

(I think the may do but they grunt and gurn first. Then they forget what it was they were supposed to be thinking about).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are there actually going to be any far right tossers there? I predict there will be a load of the other side and nobody to defend the place from. What do you do then? Refurbish the immigration solicitor’s office?
It would be a start. And then perhaps shake hands with people and nip off to the pub for a celebratory snifter.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

IMG_0617.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Managing a shop in town have been put on high alert for a potential Brighton riot tomorrow starting on queens road

Sorry if already posted , can’t keep up with this thread
It depends.

Queens Road tomorrow has been mentioned approximately 57 times and can be seen on almost any page.

You’re the first to call it a riot before it’s happened though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I've just been on Twitter and have seen a few people mentioning 1984. The general theme seems to be that the government investigating rioters, arsonists and looters is Orwellian.

Like this guy:

I have a feeling some of these "patriots" haven't actually read the novel :lolol:

“The police are coming after me and all I’ve done is probably commit a few crimes! This is persecution!”

Sad Baby GIF

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The activities of the far right are proving to be an absolute catastrophe for race relations in this country.

I hope they all suffer the full force of the law. They are all absolute shit stirrers.

There was no need for any of this. None of it.
It'll be fine.

It hasn't made me even a tiny bit more racist.

And I haven't been tutted at by any of my brown friends.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Managing a shop in town have been put on high alert for a potential Brighton riot tomorrow starting on queens road

Sorry if already posted , can’t keep up with this thread
The BCRP are recommending caution from 3pm and to have your Town-link radio to hand.

I hope you and your shop come to no harm 👍

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seriously though, if this anger was genuine and the view of the majority we’d currently have Guy Fawkes types eight deep in Downing Street and the army considering their position.

Instead we’ve got people who follow “Tommy Robinson” on Twitter thinking they’re Kasabisn.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where did you get that from my post?! ‘Brown people’ - really?!

My point is that we have, for hundreds of years, been a society of many nationalities, creeds and yes colours. On the whole we have reason to be proud of how people are accepted for who they are rather than because they might be ‘different’. However, for various reasons we are going through a period that is the opposite. THAT is what we need to address.
What reasons?

I don't have the tiniest urge to turn on anyone different from me (if you feel that 'brown' is too specific).

I don't have any issues that I need to have addressed.

What's the problem?

(I think that some very silly people have outed their silliness and will pay the price. I'm rather enjoying the spectacle.)

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
What reasons?

I don't have the tiniest urge to turn on anyone different from me (if you feel that 'brown' is too specific).

I don't have any issues that I need to have addressed.

What's the problem?

(I think that some very silly people have outed their silliness and will pay the price. I'm rather enjoying the spectacle.)
giphy.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seriously though, if this anger was genuine and the view of the majority we’d currently have Guy Fawkes types eight deep in Downing Street and the army considering their position.

Instead we’ve got people who follow “Tommy Robinson” on Twitter thinking they’re Kasabisn.
That's it. It is all the nation's few thousand absolute melts all going molten at once. Not a great deal to see here, in fact.

I just hope the 'conspicuous minorities' recognize that the vast majority of us white people don't subscribe to any of this arse juice.

:shrug:

And meanwhile the police are mopping them up like the spilt dishwater that they are.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not being one for any online sites except this one, I am wondering how organised all this is?

Is it at all organised? or disparate people running wild? Or both?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not being one for any online sites except this one, I am wondering how organised all this is?

Is it at all organised? or disparate people running wild? Or both?
There are certainly groups on social media (mostly X) organising things and telling people when and where to go, and a few of these have been amplified by a few high profile users who have spread the message further.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here