Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
See, this is where your lack of thought has led you down the wrong path.
You can look at crime stats and see the majority is committed by men aged 18-30, but it doesn't mean a majority of 18-30 year old are criminals.
90% of child sexual offenders are white males, in an 81% white country. This includes those that committed their offences as a group, and those that acted alone, which would suggest your kids are more at risk from a white man.
But even then it's misleading, most child victims of sexual assault, are assaulted by a family member, so statistically, your kids are most at risk if a sexual assault from you or your brother.
I would kick your own front door in, just in case.
Ish. Important to remember when using statistics like this that 90% are white males, because that is the predominant genetic make up being a predominantly white country. A better statistic to make a point would be the percentage of people within a demographic.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I saw the video on X. One white guy wanted to fight, indicating that by raising his fists. Yes, some of the protestors came over to him, and a couple of them knocked him down, and under a table. They then stood in front of him to prevent any further blows.
Don't think it's for you or I to cast judgement based on the limited amount we've been able to see. If they have broken the law, they will be punished. Laws govern this country, not men.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No, I know, but people could have taken it that way as it's where the immigration services building is. Was clarifying for the board rather than picking you up on anything. I think we're basically agreeing but the data isn't granular enough to go to a particular road or corner.
As I said, it’s not an area I care for because when walking with a female friend a group accosted us and groped my friend. I think first hand experiences are important too. I didn’t even know what the building was used for. Getting late buses home from down the road outside that hotel I’ve seen unsavoury characters too.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A couple of months ago, a young black boy was killed by a white man with a sword. There were no marches, no protests and not one riot.
Haven’t you already given yourself the answer as to why the above didn’t spark a riot with the hard right?
It’s pointless dragging up previous crimes you may as well ask why wasn’t there a riot after Fred & Rose West got caught.
Like the Duggan shooting word spreads and off it goes mostly bored kids and idiots from what I’ve seen.

I saw the video on X. One white guy wanted to fight, indicating that by raising his fists. Yes, some of the protestors came over to him, and a couple of them knocked him down, and under a table. They then stood in front of him to prevent any further blows.
Yes, and, the local elders visited the Clumsy to apologise and pay to repair damage to a window so it's not as bad as it seemed at 1st. Obviously, I've seen the video and it seems the guy smoking either raised his fists to take them on or maybe raised his arms as a gesture of come on lads, behave? There is no doubt several aimed kicks but another seemed to be keeping the table upright to protect him?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I'm very surprised (in fact, depressed) that as many as 1 in 8 people think the unrest is justified. How ANYONE can think that this mindless violence is justified is beyond me.
There is a lot of difference between thinking the "unrest is justified" and supporting the thugs carrying out the "mindless violence". My guess would be less than 1% support the thugs and most of them would be permanent troublemakers !!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
There is a lot of difference between thinking the "unrest is justified" and supporting the thugs carrying out the "mindless violence". my guess would be less than 1% support the thugs and most of them would be permanent troublemakers !!

How do you interpret "the unrest"?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There is a lot of difference between thinking the "unrest is justified" and supporting the thugs carrying out the "mindless violence". My guess would be less than 1% support the thugs and most of them would be permanent troublemakers !!
The definition of unrest includes disturbance, agitation and turmoil.
You’ve basically just contradicted yourself there,

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That's a really interesting set of stats. Laughable in the first glance as 7% think the trouble is caused by the far left!. I am surprised the number of people agreeing with the trouble is as high as it is to be honest even at just 8%.

58% having sympathy with the views of those taking part is an interesting question/result. Doesn't quite say they agree with the views as it could be construed as just a right to protest peacefully. Not being involved in these polls how do they conduct them, if someone asks for context do they give anything or is the question just a flat yes/no.
12% thinking the unrest is justified is disturbingly high. Mind you, YouGov methodology has always been suspect.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
[
Haven’t you already given yourself the answer as to why the above didn’t spark a riot with the hard right?
It’s pointless dragging up previous crimes you may as well ask why wasn’t there a riot after Fred & Rose West got caught.
Like the Duggan shooting word spreads and off it goes mostly bored kids and idiots from what I’ve seen.

Entirely. Summer holiday period and hotter temperatures will also be contributory factors. Idle hands, and hot weather seem to exacebate

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ish. Important to remember when using statistics like this that 90% are white males, because that is the predominant genetic make up being a predominantly white country. A better statistic to make a point would be the percentage of people within a demographic.
Contextually, I am happy with my use of statistics in that post.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Burning ransacking looting attacking police and others with differing opinions to oneself. wouldn`t call that unrest. would call that criminal thuggery.
What’s the difference. Thuggery resulting in unrest.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can anyone tell me verified information about what is actually happening in town tomorrow ? I have staff concerns and want to make sure folk can avoid the area.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can anyone tell me verified information about what is actually happening in town tomorrow ? I have staff concerns and want to make sure folk can avoid the area.
No. They can’t.

What we do know is some offices on Queens Road are possibly on a list that is supposedly doing the rounds online.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, and, the local elders visited the Clumsy to apologise and pay to repair damage to a window so it's not as bad as it seemed at 1st. Obviously, I've seen the video and it seems the guy smoking either raised his fists to take them on or maybe raised his arms as a gesture of come on lads, behave? There is no doubt several aimed kicks but another seemed to be keeping the table upright to protect him?
It was the lad that had knocked him down that seemed to be holding others off from putting the boot in.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Burning ransacking looting attacking police and others with differing opinions to oneself. wouldn`t call that unrest. would call that criminal thuggery.

But what do you think the 7% that said they support the unrest as well as the protests had in mind?

Raised voices and some spilt Stella?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here