Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Fair point, but most people aren't on these channels of hate where the details are public knowledge. I'm not interested in those places. Hopefully none of it happens at all, but if there's a peaceful anti-facism protest then I'd consider getting in the mix for that.

The planned Brighton demonstrations have been mentioned a few times on this thread together with the details, but given other poster's concerns I won't quote the details.

Having said that, as I made clear earlier, I am going to the anti demo and I would encourage Brighton based people to do likewise. I believe that what will happen is that a few racist, feral twats will be hugely outnumbered by a large anti demonstration and, as a result, nothing will happen and it will break up peacefully.

I'd love to see 10,000 on the anti demo as I think that would be the exact type of positive message that needs to be put out across the country, and Brighton is in a far better position to make this statement rather than towns with a history of right wing extremist violence :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Will likely get flamed for this but that's not my point. For the offence she has committed, and I do hope she gets done, is it normal to kick doors in to perform an arrest like that, I can understand if she's refused to answer but clip doesn't show that. Also not a particular fan of her phone number being published on that tweet and thus on here TBF.
She pleaded guilty to violent conduct attacking the police.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Heartwarming news from Belfast as the Protestants and Catholics put aside hundreds of years of hating each other… to team up and smash up Mohammed’s coffee shop

Reactions: SAC

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

A guy minding his own business smoking outside a pub got attacked by around ten thugs.
You are correct if we selectively choose the sky reporter clip then yes no acts of violence occurred in that one particular clip.
I am not sure how much he was minding his own business, there were words exchanged, he put his arms out, maybe as a "what you on about" gesture, or maybe a "come on then" gesture.
But yes, out of order, regardless of what may have been said, especially the mob trying to pile in on him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That may be the case but the pertinent question is why did people vote for Brexit and why do some people continue to vote for the likes of Farage? Has anyone with any influence actually asked them?
Perhaps it is time for localised Citizens Assemblies once this has calmed down to get the issues aired, myths dispelled and solutions proposed?
I have encountered some of these sorts (Brexit voting Farage supporters). My experience is they start on about 'as-you-likies' at the drop of a hat, and the nanosecond you try to discuss the issue (for example 'what makes you think that the high house prices are due to 'as-you-likies?' they get angry and refuse to discuss the matter. Real anger, and directed at me.

I suspect the reason 'we' don't understand 'their' thinking is because they would never dream of discussing the basis of their opinions ('I'm entitle to my opinions') with people who don't share them.

The only person I have spoken to in the last 30 years who admitted to supporting Farage was someone I met when skiing (I mentioned this on another thread some weeks ago). I was careful to not reveal my antipathy. I asked what he liked about him:

"Breath of Fresh air. Says it like it is. I met him and he's a great bloke."

I asked what is it that he is saying that is like it is?

"This country needs change. Our way of life is under threat. We have to get out of the EU. It was just supposed to be the common market. Now they are telling us what shape our potatoes must be!"

This was back in pre-Brexit days. Broon was PM. You would have thought that, we having left the EU, such sorts would be entirely content. But in the ensuing years, we have had the increase and weaponization of 'illegal asylum seeking' (channel crossings) so I suppose he now has that to get exercised about.

But.....f*** me. There is nothing much to attract people to Farage, policy-wise, if they are not simply attracted to his matey, man of the people schtik. So I am suspecting that in fact there are millions who find him an attractive and appealing sort. Mad as it may sound. I suspect the same goes for Trump. Men want to be like them, and women want to shag them. Distasteful, but this has to be the explanation.

It isn't as if they have identified an unmet societal need for which they have a blindingly obvious solution. The actual politics involved is all piss and wind. And yet the followers firmly believe that Farage (and Trump) have all the answers. I don't even know what the questions are.... :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
bring back the good old days of Betting Shops & Pubs everywhere

Should come to Boundary Road. He'll be in 1970s heaven. And, with that Barnet he won't be tempted to go anywhere near the Kurdish Barbers.

Once he's done all four pubs he'll even have a choice of curry and kebab houses if he hasn't done his bollocks in the bookies. Oh. Hang on.,....

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
But.....f*** me. There is nothing much to attract people to Farage, policy-wise, if they are not simply attracted to his matey, man of the people schtik. So I am suspecting that in fact there are millions who find him an attractive and appealing sort. Mad as it may sound. I suspect the same goes for Trump. Men want to be like them, and women want to shag them. Distasteful, but this has to be the explanation.
:shrug:
Don't think it's to do with individual envy or sexual desire.

I think it's to do with insecurity around status. So white, straight British males had historically been of perceived "high status". Latterly, more enlightened people are questioning that and denying they are better than anyone else

So then, Farage Tommy, GB News and incredibly Suella, ride in and make their name claiming anyone that threatens your raised social status rights are woke and their arguments must be rejected.

Those with this economic or more powerfully social insecurity, have their ego's firmly massaged and flutter around them whether they're arguments are manifestly bollocks or not.

I always think, watch any nature documentary for evidence of just how hierarchical apes in particular are and how powerful the rewards are for gaining social status. Evolutionary biology, still explains pretty much all human behaviour in my experience.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't think it's to do with individual envy or sexual desire.

I think it's to do with insecurity around status. So white, straight British males had historically been of perceived "high status". Latterly, more enlightened people are questioning that and denying they are better than anyone else

So then, Farage Tommy, GB News and incredibly Suella, ride in and make their name claiming anyone that threatens your raised social status rights are woke and their arguments must be rejected.

Those with this economic or more powerfully social insecurity, have their ego's firmly massaged and flutter around them whether they're arguments are manifestly bollocks or not.

I always think, watch any nature documentary for evidence of just how hierarchical apes in particular are and how powerful the rewards are for gaining social status. Evolutionary biology, still explains pretty much all human behaviour in my experience.
Interesting. That makes sense.

Albeit you seem to be agreeing with me that men (white men of a certain sort) want to be like Farage and see him as a suitable Big Dog to follow in their perceived hierarchy.

I can understand the narrative but find it weird that they see Farage as the embodiment of the Big Dog. To me he's a laughable unattractive jackass :shrug:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Interesting. That makes sense.

Albeit you seem to be agreeing with me that men (white men of a certain sort) want to be like Farage and see him as a suitable Big Dog to follow in their perceived hierarchy.

I can understand the narrative but find it weird that they see Farage as the embodiment of the Big Dog. To me he's a laughable unattractive jackass :shrug:
Forelock tugging.
See also, Johnson, Boris...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rumours about a protest in Brighton.
I employ 3 students, all 100% legal but all foreign, and they've heard about a protest in Brighton. To be honest they are all shook up about it and want the day off. I don't want to give dates or place, but it's come back to me from many sources.
DON'T GIVE DATE HERE but wondered if anyone else had heard anything.
My workplace has announced the far right protest is planned tomorrow at 8pm Queensbury House, Queens Road. A counter protest is thought to be scheduled at 19.30.

We’ve been told to work from home, or they closing the offices early at 4pm

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Forelock tugging.
See also, Johnson, Boris...
Another good point.

It is amazing, when I have my suit on, or am sitting, relaxed, behind my desk, how subservient some of the big burly workmen who often come to service various bits and bobs seem to be.

If I talk to them like equals it deeply unsettles some of them.

That said, it is much better than it was 20 years ago and the smart ones (there are many smart ones) soon get the rules* and visibly relax. I love listening to people talking with pride about their work and expertise. Then we may move on to football (unless they are Cockney Reds, of course, in which case I tell them to f*** off out of my office).

*It has to be said that some of my older colleagues, 20 years ago, would treat the engineers and workmen like shit. I hope that happens less these days. f***ing feudal English. I never saw this when I lived in Vancouver. Things have improved but maybe not enough.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024

A guy minding his own business smoking outside a pub got attacked by around ten thugs.
You are correct if we selectively choose the sky reporter clip then yes no acts of violence occurred in that one particular clip.
I clicked on the ‘X’ link turns out I’d blocked this account. Wasn’t sure who it was so checked. Ahh… co leader of Britain First. That explains the block.

IMG_1709.jpeg

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, I didn't say that. I didn't say they are telling the truth, I simply asked what is the root cause of the violence.

Ok, so you're saying that the root cause is immigration. But the attack in Southport was not carried out by an immigrant, he was a Christian who was born here. Have you got evidence that the attack in Kent was by an immigrant? Regardless, I'm not sure what you want the government to do? Our government were trying to fly illegal immigrants off to Ruanda, what do you want the to do? It's not an easy problem to solve.

These comments you're making about mental illness are just silly. Huw Edwards is being portrayed in MSM as a an absolute wrong'un. He's not mentally ill, he's a disgusting pervert, and MSM aren't saying otherwise. Obviously they wouldn't have said that until he was found guilty of crimes though. We're not being told it's all mental illness.

Because you probably follow some really nasty racist people on social media, you won't get a good picture of the crime around the country. Instead you'll get cherry picked examples where the perpetrators are ethnic minorities, which will colour your view on the cause of crime in this country.

The scandals from the past that you mentioned, like cash for questions, were uncovered by mainstream media. The political establishment didn't tried to hide it, only the guilty parties.

People throwing bricks at the police, setting fire to buildings and looting shops, in the name of sorting out our immigration problems, are going to get accused of being far right. We've had many peaceful protests in this country recently, and they get covered in the media.

These days? The Hillsborough disaster was in 1989 and cash for questions was 1994. You've got your head in the sand.

Anyway, you've said that the problem is immigration. The Tory party wanted to reduce illegal immigration, but failed. Labour now want to reduce it. You no doubt want to stop it. What is your magic recipe for successfully stopping it?
Not a mention of the tragic brutal murder of Jo Cox either by the poster youre engaging with. Given they’re supposedly so balanced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here