Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Rumours about a protest in Brighton.
I employ 3 students, all 100% legal but all foreign, and they've heard about a protest in Brighton. To be honest they are all shook up about it and want the day off. I don't want to give dates or place, but it's come back to me from many sources.
DON'T GIVE DATE HERE but wondered if anyone else had heard anything.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I employ 3 students, all 100% legal but all foreign, and they've heard about a protest in Brighton. To be honest they are all shook up about it and want the day off. I don't want to give dates or place, but it's come back to me from many sources.
There have been rumours for a few days from various online sources.

Absolutely nothing substantiated.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s already been mentioned a few times in this thread including an Anti Fascism protest.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The fact you didn't get told all his dirt until after it had been investigated is not evidence of any conspiracy to hide the truth, its to wait for it to be proven true.
This concept isn't remotely complicated.

But it's complicated enough to be less seductive that notions of establishment and media conspiracy.

These people and bots behind these conspiracies can happily prey on the prevalent impatience of the modern age, that justice is rarely immediate, that crimes have to be investigated, that the criminal justice system has been as neglected by government as prisons have

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I was having a wry smile earlier today at the thought of a right wing riot in Brighton. Perhaps PPF and his two younger cousins will kick a litter bin or two over? But in reality there is nothing to laugh at. Although I do not really think that ANTIFA would allow anything too serious to occur. Crawley could be much more of a powder keg.
There is a fair number of rightwing thug types in Crawley, who also have Muslim friends. Its a weird thing. I don't think there will be too many Crawley residents wanting to have a pop at refugees, plenty that would love to smash up shop fronts and go looting though.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Why are people not wanting to share the rumours of when a protest or protests are being planned? It would be useful to know in order to avoid any areas potentially being involved.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why are people not wanting to share the rumours of when a protest or protests are being planned? It would be useful to know in order to avoid any areas potentially being involved.
Scaremongering.

I heard about stuff that was supposed to be happening at Pride but didn’t share any of it because as I predicted, none of it came to pass.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well, they… they did… ???
The producers took her report off air, because the crowd were using naughty words. It's a bit similar to when the TV cuts away from a streaker, they just don't want to encourage that sort of behaviour by exhibiting the exhibitionist.
In a way they forced her off air, but they didn't use force to do it.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Fair point, but most people aren't on these channels of hate where the details are public knowledge. I'm not interested in those places. Hopefully none of it happens at all, but if there's a peaceful anti-facism protest then I'd consider getting in the mix for that.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I grew up in a village not too far from Plymouth and my old man was based at the dockyard and then manadon for ages.

The population of Plymouth is pretty much as close to white as you will get in a city. The argument that this is about immigration in Plymouth is for the birds. I have not checked but I would be amazed if it was not about 95% white.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I grew up in a village not too far from Plymouth and my old man was based at the dockyard and then manadon for ages.

The population of Plymouth is pretty much as close to white as you will get in a city. The argument that this is about immigration in Plymouth is for the birds. I have not checked but I would be amazed if it was not about 95% white.
It appears most of the protestors are thugs coming into the nearest city.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It wouldn't inform them with any more credibility than the rumours on other outlets.

I wouldn't want NSC turning into twitter. We are above all that.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Will likely get flamed for this but that's not my point. For the offence she has committed, and I do hope she gets done, is it normal to kick doors in to perform an arrest like that, I can understand if she's refused to answer but clip doesn't show that. Also not a particular fan of her phone number being published on that tweet and thus on here TBF.
I dont think its normal, usually kicking doors in, and not waiting for a response is to preserve evidence or for the safety of the Police Officers. They were not wearing all the pads and headgear, so it seems they were not worried about a physical threat, they might have had concerns she would delete evidence that might be on her phone, but I suspect it was for the camera, as a warning of what could greet you in the morning if you riot.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Sussex police, intelligence, and security infrastructure is far more advanced than most places outside of London. And far more effective.

They have huge resources to draw on from all over Sussex.

It’s why we see very little sustained public disorder in Brighton. Especially the city centre.

People have little to worry about in Sussex.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I dont think it’s normal, usually kicking doors in, and not waiting for a response is to preserve evidence or for the safety of the Police Officers. They were not wearing all the pads and headgear, so it seems they were not worried about a physical threat, they might have had concerns she would delete evidence that might be on her phone, but I suspect it was for the camera, as a warning of what could greet you in the morning if you riot.
Undoubtedly an element of that.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The tragic result of Brexit and voting for Farage. This is what it leads to.

Sorry but that’s the truth.
That may be the case but the pertinent question is why did people vote for Brexit and why do some people continue to vote for the likes of Farage? Has anyone with any influence actually asked them?
Perhaps it is time for localised Citizens Assemblies once this has calmed down to get the issues aired, myths dispelled and solutions proposed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here