Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I really don’t care. In such times, got to visibly show justice will be served even if a few days after your idiocy. She’s obviously being used as a warning to others and I’ve no problem with that however it happens.
That's fair enough, I didn't post for a reaction. If it's a show of force to deter others then fine just seemed strange to me on first viewing.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Will likely get flamed for this but that's not my point. For the offence she has committed, and I do hope she gets done, is it normal to kick doors in to perform an arrest like that, I can understand if she's refused to answer but clip doesn't show that. Also not a particular fan of her phone number being published on that tweet and thus on here TBF.
The police will not be giving these terrorists a chance to prepare to attack them as they enter.

This woman and all the others they’ll be arresting have already demonstrated they are prepared to use violence against police. Therefore, they’ll be getting a hole where their front door used to be.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That's fair enough, I didn't post for a reaction. If it's a show of force to deter others then fine just seemed strange to me on first viewing.
It’s absolutely a deterrent, “look, if you do this we’ll find you within a few days and you’ll get a four a clock knock”. Good. Don’t do the f***ing crimes if you don’t want the punishment.

Expecting some extremely stiff sentences too, way outside of guidelines.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
An interesting analysis from the BBC's Mark Easton:

'Rioting leaves scars on communities that already struggle with economic challenges. But visit the day after and you see a very different Britain.' [The clean up].

“Tight as a drum”, was how the local beat bobby described the people on his patch. “There’s a few idiots but I know everyone round here and most of the adults out on the street were not from Hartlepool.”

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The police will not be giving these terrorists a chance to prepare to attack them as they enter.

This woman and all the others they’ll be arresting have already demonstrated they are prepared to use violence against police. Therefore, they’ll be getting a hole where their front door used to be.
Plus it’s a great visual for the police to be putting out. “Police, open up”. 10 second wait, smash through the back door. It’s all done to make them look very serious about this and is bloody effective.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will likely get flamed for this but that's not my point. For the offence she has committed, and I do hope she gets done, is it normal to kick doors in to perform an arrest like that, I can understand if she's refused to answer but clip doesn't show that. Also not a particular fan of her phone number being published on that tweet and thus on here TBF.
It's information she made publicly available, probably because of her "removals business".

Anonymous doing a great job. Don't want to get doxxed? Want to keep your job / business? Then don't go out and riot. It's pretty simple.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
People would likely also get very angry if ginger-haired people were blamed for all of society's ills. Imagine year after year of Daily Mail headlines about the swarms of ginger-haired people taking our jobs, using our precious NHS services, and so on.
No need to imagine that scenario it’s already happening right now !
Young teenage ginger-haired South Americans coming over here taking all the LWB jobs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's information she made publicly available, probably because of her "removals business".

Anonymous doing a great job. Don't want to get doxxed? Want to keep your job / business? Then don't go out and riot. It's pretty simple.
Another one. Her original post was vile, and bordering on criminal. She has also been outed as a Tory councillor’s wife.

the Show More reads “an advert on our platform. We took immediate action to suspend this advertiser. We understand the individual has been reported to both the Police and Ofsted.”

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
An interesting analysis from the BBC's Mark Easton:

'Rioting leaves scars on communities that already struggle with economic challenges. But visit the day after and you see a very different Britain.' [The clean up].

“Tight as a drum”, was how the local beat bobby described the people on his patch. “There’s a few idiots but I know everyone round here and most of the adults out on the street were not from Hartlepool.”

Very good article that.

For those seeing violence erupt in their community this is clearly a very worrying time and we don’t yet know whether we have seen the worst of it.

But I have watched the clean-up operation in Hartlepool and read the research that suggests Britain today is safer and more tolerant than it has ever been. Because of that my sense is that right now it would be a mistake to assume that orchestrated far-right hooliganism is representative of the mood in Britain.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Except the right wingers who have been terrorising cities around the country for the past few days provoking a reaction from other citizens.

Scanning through the thread I've noticed a few "bad guys on both sides" type posts and claptrap about the horsesh!t theory. Obviously, violence (not in self-defence ) from anyone must be condemned but let's not forget how we got here.
Corrected for you :thumbsup:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If we have a relentless wave of anti-immigrant propaganda (MSM, politicians, dangerous idiots like Laurence Fox etc etc) then people WILL get angry about immigration.

People would likely also get very angry if ginger-haired people were blamed for all of society's ills. Imagine year after year of Daily Mail headlines about the swarms of ginger-haired people taking our jobs, using our precious NHS services, and so on. However, another narrative is possible - and much, much more accurate. Ginger haired people are not, after all, taking all our jobs. They are mainly doing jobs we don't want to do - or, often they are highly qualified and working everyday to save lives in the NHS. They often have to face severe prejudice, and have to escape persecution in their own country (in the case of ginger-haired people, this would likely be Scotland or Ireland).

We could solve much of the "problem" of immigration if we realised how beneficial it was, and the MSM adopted a different narrative which celebrated people who came here.
f***ing gingers

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

actually and not related to these happenings whatsoever, but when watching fly on the wall police based programmes, its common to see police kicking in doors in one form or another. Sometimes to arrest a proven wrong un but sometimes turns out on the odd occasion that they’ve done so to someone’s door who turns out to be completely innocent. Who then pays for repairing the damaged door?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
actually and not related to these happenings whatsoever, but when watching fly on the wall police based programmes, its common to see police kicking in doors in one form or another. Sometimes to arrest a proven wrong un but sometimes turns out on the odd occasion that they’ve done so to someone’s door who turns out to be completely innocent. Who then pays for repairing the damaged door?
The police do.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well you appear to be saying despite these examples of where we know the political/institutional Government (recent and historical) have covered up “the truth”; in some cases willing to allow innocent people to be jailed or die instead of be served natural justice, that when tricky issues arise connected to the already politically sensitive issues of immigration (legal or illegal) the same political/institutional establishment can be trusted to provide “the truth”.

I don’t, and neither do millions of others. The moons aligned on the Southport attack in a way that they haven’t before. Within a matter of days a soldier was violently stabbed outside his house (immediately not considered terrorism but mental illness), police officers violently attacked at Manchester airport (where only part of the story was first made public by the media). Then children in Southport were attacked and despite the 3 casualties the same mental illness not terrorism position was adopted.

People have been angry about immigration and it’s problems for ages, and people have been protesting about immigration issues for ages, the politicians (all flavours) know this, many of the protests have been non violent and therefore not of media interest. Violent attacks are dealt with in a particular way by politicians and media, the mental illness card has been over used, as we can tell by the Huw Edwards case.

Starmer and the political/institutional establishment have to lay the blame in these riots solely at the “far right” thugs, because otherwise they will have to unwind some of the complex problems relating to immigration and expose the political/institutional establishment to criticism. So like scandals in the past the truth will be suppressed, and we continue on a well travelled road of deceit and misinformation by the political/institutional establishment. That is how politics works in this country these days.
When an incident occurs these days, it's in the news within minutes, this is not good for accuracy of reporting.
I know for a fact that the opposite has also happened, Police have said they are investigating a suspected Terror attack, and it has turned out to be someone havjng a psychotic episode.

When I heard a guy had attacked children at a kids event, I thought, nutter, possibly estranged dad nutter. I didn't think, don't know anything about it, but I’ll get on Twitter and blame a Muslim refugee.
That person, the one that is lying to stir race hate on twitter, where is he in your condemnation?

I am also pretty sure Huw Edwards was mentally ill, he was in psychiatric care, the reason likely that he was suicidal, as his secret life was coming out. The fact you didn't get told all his dirt until after it had been investigated is not evidence of any conspiracy to hide the truth, its to wait for it to be proven true.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
What happened in a street in M’boro with the idiots not allowing Muslim looking people to drive through was copied on a larger scale in Birmingham by Muslim gangs. Dangerous bigotry is like virus it spreads. That was scary it reminded me Northern Ireland the troubles. In England we had Bradford and Blackburn after the riots it took over a decade for the communities to work together after the riots. The 17 year old who killed those children must be laughing as these rioters have taken over the news coverage.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A bit of a tangential issue. But has this been a good week for the police? I mean I'm sure that's not what they are thinking at the moment. But every news story which they are in the middle of has generally not been putting them in a very good light for quite some time.

Here they've been quick to make arrests, calm under pressure (apart from Rowley), organised and responsive. And public support for making sure there are more of them must be at a real high
This is a really good point, zooming out from the nitty-gritty. The police, in my view, have rightly come under heavy criticism for several issues over the past year or two, but much of what they do is unenviable, and this is right up there as one of the most unpleasant parts of the wide array of tasks they have to perform.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
In my limited experience (one example, the Met) it can actually be quite difficult to get the police to pay. Several years ago our daughter's front door was smashed in by the police (they were actually looking for someone who had lived in the flat below). The officers apologised at the time, but obviously you can't wait for the police to pay up if you need a new door! And chasing it up afterwards didn't get anywhere. Having said that, in this particular example they had to act very quickly, and a genuine mistake was made.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This, it used to be almost a daily thing when I lived in Shepherd’s Bush. They all hide around a corner and steam in taking the door of its hinges.
One time they just couldn’t smash this door in a crowd gathered after a while laughing at the poor fella with the battering ram sweating buckets.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This woman has more to worry about that her door I can promise you that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here