Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
We're in a sorry state at the moment. We laughed at the idiots in the states mindlessly following Trump and yet we have a similar crop over here, being led by a cabal with their own agenda. They believe all the crap served up on social media and use it to justify mindless thuggery on the streets. We are a democracy, you don't earn a seat at the table with this behaviour.

And yet there are still many on here arguing to justify their actions. Every rape is by an illegal immigrant Muslim, every paedophile, an illegal Muslim, every job a Muslim has is at the expense of a thick unemployed white boy, Next there will be morons arguing that they can't get an away ticket because they are being snapped up by illegal Muslims. If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable. At the end of the day, it's just racism.
I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to nail the complete screwing over of many multiples of lives as a result of the Horizon scandal on Muslim immigrants.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to nail the complete screwing over of many multiples of lives as a result of the Horizon scandal on Muslim immigrants.
It’s already happened - cunning fergus tried it in one of his posts yesterday. (Or at least used it as an excuse for the mindless violence being perpetrated on our streets!)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
If they aren’t documented, they aren’t paying tax. They are doing jobs, usually cash in hand, often in “modern slavery” conditions, which is hurting the economy. Meanwhile, they are consuming public services such as a hugely strained NHS. No documentation, no NI number. No legal right to work, no tax.
You’d be surprised how many Anglo Saxons would prefer to work for cash in hand as, and I quote’ it’ll be easier for both of us’…..

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
So do I that's why I live in London. I take it you live somewhere multicultural and not in 90% white Sussex !?

Some cultures are more palatable though. Whitechapel is an absolute hole.
Agree about Whitechapel. Gilbert and George, bloody Hugenot door frames. Highly unpalatable.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You’d be surprised how many Anglo Saxons would prefer to work for cash in hand as, and I quote’ it’ll be easier for both of us’…..
Oh no question, but they’re unlikely to want to work 80 hours a week for £2 an hour - if they’re lucky - or in indentured servitude to the people who trafficked them.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Seriously, if your underlying position is that 'they' should not be here (and there is no evidence this is what @BevBHA thinks - the opposite in fact :thumbsup: ) then just one case of criminality by 'them' can be held up to 'justify' the position.

In the 70s it was said that the blacks ('niggers') should be thrown out of the country because of all the muggings in Brixton. This fuelled Thatcher approving 'Operation Swamp 81' with an upstep in stop an search of black youth on the street.

Each stop and search was recorded as a crime, so in addition to the problems associated with the harassment which left a generational stain on police relations with the black ''community', there was a 'proven' crimewave on our hands, and national crisis.

And....every time a black youth was charged and convicted, those who had made up their minds declared this as proof that they (and Enoch) were right.

I though we had seen the back of all this 30 years ago. Apparently not. Different target group now (Muslims and anyone looking a bit Indian -'pakis'), same rubric.

It isn't even as if 'they' think they will get a better job or home if we 'throw them out'. It has become a means to an end and you can see on all those leering, jeering white faces we have all seen over the last few days. They absolutely love it. The craic. Having it large with a bit of looting thrown in.

f*** them. I am not interested in their wormy pathetic concerns. Off to jail with them.
Thanks for acknowledging those aren’t my views. You’re of course correct. I voted Lib dem tactically as I could not vote for another Tory government.

And I couldn’t agree with your points more! The riots are awful, the reactions from counter groups awful, media coverage awful, politicians awful. There’s genuinely not one positive.

I just wanted our Prime Ministers speech and general reaction to be better and to stop fuelling the fire. Even something simple “we can have a conversation about your concerns but these riots are not the way”. Anything along those lines just to try and stop this embarrassment to our country. With each speech he is more and more scathing. I know he’s right, you know he’s right, almost all of us on here know he’s right. But he’s only making that small percentage of the country more angry and the riots will only become more constant and worse, IMO.

My other point is around the policing of this whole thing and the equality of that. But that’s not just with regards to the riots that the police in general over the last few years. Particularly the Met. But I think I’ve covered this in previous posts and don’t want this thread to keep going in circles.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Oh no question, but they’re unlikely to want to work 80 hours a week for £2 an hour - if they’re lucky - or in indentured servitude to the people who trafficked them.
Now if we had an immigration system that had been properly implemented since Brexit we wouldn’t be in this position.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Every single one of us has benefited from immigration no matter how poor we are. Everyone of us has used the NHS, for example, where over 200 different nationalities work.
It isn’t immigration keeping wages down, but greedy employers wanting more profits, for example Tesco. £2.3 billion before tax.
You totally correct, just look at the NHS it would not survive BUT if you have just lost your job to cheap, brought in labour it might be hard to see past that point.

Not defending or justifying just trying to understand why people act the way they do.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Said a lot of Germans in 1931…..
But Germany was never a strong democracy , it had only become a 'Kingdom/Nation/Country' 70 years previous to that and for most of that time was ruled by a military organisation via an Emperor. The last 15 years were just turmoil.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
A citizenship test for all present and future citizens - I knew we would eventually agree on something this disappointing morning :thumbsup:

I think (have witnessed but cannot prove) that new citizens not being able to speak the native language is always a bone of contention in all nations. I suggest part of the citizenship test is the ability to speak the native language.
Applies equally to someone settling in the Uk as a Brit living in say Spain.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But Germany was never a strong democracy , it had only become a 'Kingdom/Nation/Country' 70 years previous to that and for most of that time was ruled by a military organisation via an Emperor. The last 15 years were just turmoil.
Sorry, but 'Germany was a new country and a bit broken' is no excuse for people here to start repeating the language and behaviour of 1930s Germany. Demonising immigrants? Burning hotels and books? Salutes and monkey chants? All present over the last weekend.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Literally the first article which comes up on a very quick Google search. There are many more.
Nobody is denying there have been Asian grooming gangs but there are also white grooming 'gangs' too. Who remembers the case in Cornwall where 30 children were abused by white men and a woman?

It went unnoticed for a while because the grooming took the form of the boyfriend using drink and drugs where often the girl refused to give evidence because she still believed her 'boyfriend' loved her despite what had happened.
Social workers and councils found it difficult because the girls were hanging around takeaways therefore vulnerable to taxi drivers.

That's in the past, but let us not pretend it is solely Asians committing this crime. A survey of 19 out of 40 police forces found the perpetrators to be
A previous piece of research from 2015 found that of 1,231 perpetrators of "group and gang-based child sexual exploitation", 42% were white, 14% were defined as Asian or Asian British and 17% black.

Look up how many EDL members have been prosecuted for under age sex.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And whilst I am at it, I am going to abuse and throw things at philipino nurses covering shifts at Rotherham hospital because they are dirty filthy immigrants helping our overstretched NHS.

send em home

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here