Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
We are seeing the horseshoe effect in full flow, within 24 hours there have been “protesters” giving nazi salutes from the far right and the far left. Both are awful but only the image of the far right one made the mainstream media. The keffiyeh clad one was only seen on twitter, I wonder why?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sadly this is what happens when you ignore 66% of the electorate.:shrug:
0.1% of them start rioting ?

As I keep saying, this is not a political thing. It is not Left v Right. But I fear an essay would be lost on you if that is your summary.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's football got to do with it?
If this carries on, the police will have more important things to deal with than football.

In fact it could become a tactic to protest/riot when high-profile football is going on, knowing the police are already going to be busy and may struggle even more to contain the protests/riots.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
We are seeing the horseshoe effect in full flow, within 24 hours there have been “protesters” giving nazi salutes from the far right and the far left. Both are awful but only the image of the far right one made the mainstream media. The keffiyeh clad one was only seen on twitter, I wonder why?
Good point

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
0.1% of them start rioting ?

As I keep saying, this is not a political thing. It is not Left v Right. But I fear an essay would be lost on you if that is your summary.
Starmer seem's to think it is. :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If this carries on, the police will have more important things to deal with than football.

In fact it could become a tactic to protest/riot when high-profile football is going on, knowing the police are already going to be busy and may struggle even more to contain the protests/riots.

It’d be a nice move from the PL//EFL to offer to help in that way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As if it's not bad enough having our police attacked by violent little twats rioting, we have the morons who don't have the enterprise or initiative to actually get their trackies on and get down there, sitting behind their keyboards trying to justify what's happening on here :shrug:

No, of course you're not extreme right wing scum, you're obviously not there, you're just simply explaining the reasons behind the extreme right wing scum :dunce:

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Sadly this is what happens when you ignore 66% of the electorate.:shrug:

66% of the electorate have been ignored by whom exactly!? And as for 66%.. these rioting scumbags represent about 0.1% of the population fortunately. Not a chance even half the 14% that voted reform will be condoning the actions of those involved in these riots

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
People opinions and trust in the Police is at all time low. I'm not surprised they have no quarms about attacking them.

From the usual noisy anti police minority.

The vast majority imho have always supported our police. Aside from the rotten apples.

Haven’t scummers always attacked the police? The Mark Duggan fans, England supporters after another tournament heartbreak, hot weather riots by lardy people in shiny tracksuits.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As if it's not bad enough having our police attacked by violent little twats rioting, we have the morons who don't have enterprise or initiative to actually get their trackies on and get down there, sitting behind their keyboards trying to justify what's happening on here :shrug:

No, of course you're not extreme right wing scum, you're obviously not there, you're just simply explaining their reasons behind the extreme right wing scum :dunce:

Not a fan of Farage then? :lolol:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Good as it may feel to those liberal, affluent sorts mocking the underclass, but that is part of the reason why certain segments of society feel disenfranchised, partly why Brexit happened…and partly why numerous other acts of civil disobedience have occurred probably all the way back to the peasants revolt! Not feeling listened to lies at the heart of all gripes. Of course, once violence is underway there’s little to stop it. The opportunities to prevent lie beforehand and with hindsight.

Guardian did a superb article on this post Brexit, recognising how condescending arrogance towards many disenfranchised communities contributed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I mean, how does anyone think trying to set fire to a large building full of people is ok/merited/justifiable?

Housing asylum seekers or not, it will also be full of local people working. Amost cettainly people who someone you know, knows.

It's pure evil.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I’m not sure what kind of rock you’ve been living under in recent years but you should take a look at the political/institutional establishment’s involvement in the post office scandal or blood transfusion scandal or child grooming scandal or Hillsborough scandal or cash for honours scandal or weapons of mass destruction bollox or pandemic bollox or climate change bollox or transgender bollox (no pun intended). These are the tip of a very significant shitberg all representing different levels of outright deceit for victims and/or the wider British public.

The British state broadcaster (again) last week found itself embroiled in another nonce scandal involving one of its highest paid stars, where it has (again) hidden its institutional deceit from victims and the wider public through the use of “mental illness”. The actions of the wife of this individual provides the clear view of what the truth is, and if she has decided to abandon ship it’s evident that there is no “mental illness” factor, just guilt.

You and others can continue to drink the kool aid as delivered by the gallon from the establishment, I and no doubt millions of others will make our own minds up, unfettered by the euphemisms used by the establishment to deny the underlying root causes for the ongoing events where innocent British citizens old and young are subjected to violence in their own country.

OK - let's go along with your argument that this is a massive protest against the "political/institutional establishment".....in which case surely there would be riots in Parliament Square? Protesters would be congregating in large numbers outside Portland Place? Amazingly, they are not! They are engaging in mindless thuggery outside hotels that they suspect house asylum-seekers. They are carrying anti-immigrant banners. They are egged on by exploitative far right social media posts.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the Post Office scandal or the blood transfusion scandal, or even more ludicrously, Huw Edwards. It is pure and simple mindless violence and intimidation from idiots who shame this country. They are not (self-proclaimed) patriots - quite the reverse, in fact. They show complete disdain for property, for the police, for the safety of others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here