Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I‘ve lived in Asian areas in the north as neighbours and my experience is different.
Now I live in Sussex knowing several families with five or six children and they’re all white Sussex born.

Whose experience is more valid, yours or mine?
i would say they are equal , i don't know many white families with that many kids to be honest 3 or 4 yes 6 no.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was going to say I know of 2 British women local to me who both have 3 & 4 kids each, haven’t worked for 20+ years and just taken out the system constantly 🤷🏻‍♂️ fine it’s what it’s there for but let’s not pretend this is not also a common sight in areas around the UK
I might point out the families that I know are Mother, Father together and working.

Yes, there are women who just produce to get housing, and benefits.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I wonder if there is a correlation between right wing views and levels of education?

If there is, then the answer, long term, is teaching tolerance, curiosity and inclusion and generally having a more educated populace.
yes i think there is a correlation between right wing views and education , there is also correlation between fundamentalism and radicalism and education , trouble is there is so much hatred in the world currently , people are far more prepared to lash out , injure and attack each other .....something in the water..??

as in the lady that we are discussing , maybe she has had bad life experiences ....who knows...??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I doubt this woman even ‘really’ exists. Likely a stolen photo and a Russian bot

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
im sorry , i work with Africans and Afghans , they all have huge families , my daughter plays sport with African girls , one Somali family has 11 kids one family from Liberia also 11 kids , Indians generally have fewer kids in my experience , we cannot confuse the gradual immigration of the 50's and 60's with the accelerated rate of migration we are seeing today , it is a completely different scenario being driven by different factors.
out of interest, could you share the data you are using to compare the immigration of the 50s and 60s with the accelerated rate of migration we are seeing today please.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
well mate , if everybody had 7 or 8 kids how do you think that would affect things in general .....schooling , housing , medical facilities...?? which is my major point so you shouldn't feel obliged to ignore it.
I assume you are aware of a massive reduction in the birth rate in England? There is going to be a massive problem not too long from now when we have a retired population that a much smaller workforce won’t be able to cater for. Who are going to be the carers for the old etc?

One of the governments big headaches will be how to keep schools open with declining birth rates because some schools might become unviable.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
well mate , if everybody had 7 or 8 kids how do you think that would affect things in general .....schooling , housing , medical facilities...?? which is my major point so you shouldn't feel obliged to ignore it.
I ignored that part of your comment because, as others have pointed out, it’s incorrect. I also just did a quick Google, and read a recent LSE study which concluded:
“It seems to be very rare now for any group of immigrants in the UK to have more children than the UK norm, and this is also true for the children of immigrants. For some groups, such as those from North Africa and the Middle East, the children of immigrants even have smaller families than the UK norm.”

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
when did that last happen mate ....i honestly couldn't tell you..
It happens plenty. Just yesterday I witnessed a white fella threatening to "stab up" a cleaner at Brighton station. The point being is if you are constantly being fed terrifying images of black Africans running amok then that's everytime you see another one it reinforces the stereotype whilst conveniently forgetting everything else. Just look at the mental gymnastics certain people are going through to first blame illegal migrants and then Muslims for the tragedy last week. And it's really easy to fall into that trap, we all do it and I'm as guilty as anyone.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I ignored that part of your comment because, as others have pointed out, it’s incorrect. I also just did a quick Google, and read a recent LSE study which concluded:
“It seems to be very rare now for any group of immigrants in the UK to have more children than the UK norm, and this is also true for the children of immigrants. For some groups, such as those from North Africa and the Middle East, the children of immigrants even have smaller families than the UK norm.”
But what does daveo3675621 think about it? His opinion is worth just as much as establishment academics who have studied it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
out of interest, could you share the data you are using to compare the immigration of the 50s and 60s with the accelerated rate of migration we are seeing today please.
i'm sure the figures you are interested in are available somewhere on line should you be keen to confirm the numbers , in the 70's mates of my dads to pulled dead Vietnamese immigrants up in their fishing nets of the Sussex coast , illegal immigration has been going on for years , but not at the current rate , as far as i'm aware the immigration in the 50's and 60's was legal and accepted by both parties.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Yeah, but you can prove anything if you use facts :rolleyes:

Don't worry too much, from previous experience, I suspect that @sydney will have peaked and either be incapable of typing or will pass out in the next few minutes :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As I posted before, lies and rumours are the biggest problem. Sir Winston Churchill recognised this in WW2. Morale was vital as we went through tough times.
That’s why he started a good propaganda campaign and condemned gossip, and lies. The enemy tried combatting with their own propaganda, which had worked on their own population.

As Thumper said ‘if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say it at all’

Everyone of us is responsible for building up or tearing down. Don’t spread lies and gossip, check what you read before you post it.

Sunday sermon over :wink:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Absolutely no one is denying that. Just as they are not denying we have murderers that are not just born here (like the 7/7 lot) but are also white. It is disgusting what goes on when people are radicalised. The country needs to do more. People who argue “they need to integrate” act like integration is a one way thing. It is literally impossible for one group to integrate if the other does not. Hence once people meet Muslims and other groups and make friends they realise actually it is the minority who are horrible.

Re social media use and the sort of thing people on here have said. This guy claims to be an ex cop. No reason to doubt it. He is attacking starmer for calling him a thug. Once again I ask. Where in his speech did starmer say anyone with concerns about immigration is a far right thug? He didn’t. This is just people completely misrepresenting what he said. He said those who were rioting. These people just claim to be the people he was talking about. Maybe they recognise that maybe they are? I don’t know why people are not immediately saying “obviously not talking about me”

We all know there are absolutely no racists or thugs in the MET, so posting a pic of himself in uniform completely wins the argument.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i would say they are equal , i don't know many white families with that many kids to be honest 3 or 4 yes 6 no.
Surely you can find statistics on this and find out the facts?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As I posted before, lies and rumours are the biggest problem. Sir Winston Churchill recognised this in WW2. Morale was vital as we went through tough times.
That’s why he started a good propaganda campaign and condemned gossip, and lies. The enemy tried combatting with their own propaganda, which had worked on their own population.

As Thumper said ‘if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say it at all’

Everyone of us is responsible for building up or tearing down. Don’t spread lies and gossip, check what you read before you post it.

Sunday sermon over :wink:
i am genuinely gutted at what appears to be happening in England and many European countries , tent cities , crime sprees , gang rapes . Perhaps i am just getting the wrong information , if the brains trust of NSC think everything is fine then i guess it must be.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyway - despite my leftist tendencies, I absolutely agree that immigration needs to be controlled, but let’s do so in a humane way. And let’s have a proper debate which doesn’t demonise those with potentially reasonable concerns about immigration. But those involved in violence and intimidation MUST be punished.
I have found this almost impossible to achieve without shrill voices shouting 'racist' whilst the the other side thinks one is capitulating in some way. Even though I do not believe I have ever consciously expressed a racist view. The trouble is whether it is the far right or the far left, almost every moderate voice gets drowned out by the clamour of the extreme and people who already find politics nebulous and hard to understand are left with a binary choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here