Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Like most of Brighton I'll be washing my hair and doing my nails.

Counter protests is what they want. It's no fun when the opposition doesn't turn.

When the 'March for England' first turned up they were met with bewildered looks and shrugged shoulders. Then they had a picnic in Victoria Gardens. A race hate march was reduced to a Sunday School outing. Marvelous scenes.

But then the opposition came and it turned ugly- because some of these anti-racist folk like a bundle too.
Indeed.

Brighton has relatively few immigrants but we’re mostly happy with the ones we have. Literally the only reason for a gathering here would be shipped in EDL loons looking to kick it off with Antifa.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I don't agree about the birth rate. Traditionally we had much larger families in hard times simply in the hope that one or two offspring would survive. This is mirrored in many countries around the world today even in the harshest climates and circumstances.
I think there's a difference between hard times in the sense of "most of these kids will die anyway and I can send them off to work down a mine in the meantime", and however exactly you'd describe our current problems.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Crikey, it's like the old Radio 1 Roadshow.

That'll be the riot at Waitrose when they run out of organic pears.
What they have run out of organic pears?

oh for Zeus sake……it’s these bloody foreigners buying them up and turning them into a French delicacy tart that is the problem

pass me a glass of cold Chablis, I feel one of my heads coming on

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Like most of Brighton I'll be washing my hair and doing my nails.

Counter protests is what they want. It's no fun when the opposition doesn't arrive.

When the 'March for England' first turned up they were met with bewildered looks and shrugged shoulders. Then they had a picnic in Victoria Gardens. A race hate march was reduced to a Sunday School outing. Marvelous scenes.

But then the opposition came and it turned ugly- because some of these anti-racist folk like a bundle too.
I feel like you're right. Quite frustrating that there's nothing any law abiding citizen can do.

If there is a tear up, I could go and tidy the next day I guess

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think there's a difference between hard times in the sense of "most of these kids will die anyway and I can send them off to work down a mine in the meantime", and however exactly you'd describe our current problems.
Yeah true. But I was making a general point. I liked the post though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Taking a look here at the Antifa arrest rates, I would advice caution if you do choose to demonstrate in a counter-protest. Do not engage in violence, follow lawful commands from police and use common sense. By all means, make your voices heard but do it sensibly, calmly and legally. A bunch of racist scrotes aren’t worth getting locked up over.

Wise words :thumbsup:

Have you got a link to those arrest rates as I'd be interested, thanks.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
No idea about the validity, police say apparently Brighton a possibility on Wednesday?
I’m on a few mailing lists associated with my work with asylum seekers. The info is that far right shit-stirrers are posting details of immigration support centres, charities, etc, on SM, with a view to targeting them in Wednesday evening.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How many homeowners on this thread would object to plans to build an asylum seekers hotel/residents at the end of their street?
The honesty question of sorts.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
One that includes questions such as “what is the legal age of consent” that you can then hold people accountable to. I’ve seen the ‘I didn’t know the laws’ defence on too many occasions

Have you ever investigated how many of the EDL, BNP, Britain first types have gone down for being a paedo?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
How are you getting to that figure then?, simply diving 1.5bn by 300m ?. Probably a bit more nuanced than that isn't it, considering 300m English speakers in USA alone. Do you mean English as a 2nd language?, if so then you really need to look at the origin of those people but I haven't seen the stats on that, but I would think there's a lot of europeans who can speak english but not so likely to get on a boat over here.

and yes you are as condescending as ever (unnecessary emoji).

The majority of migrants living in England or Wales in 2021 reported speaking English well In 2021, 90% (9 million) of migrants living in England or Wales self-reported speaking English without difficulty. Just over half (52%) spoke English as their main language, and a further 38% had another main language but spoke English well or very well (Figure 1). Only 1% of migrants said they could not speak English at all (142,000).

english.jpg

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac....use-and-proficiency-of-migrants-in-the-UK.pdf

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
How many homeowners on this thread would object to plans to build an asylum seekers hotel/residents at the end of their street?
It’s a bit of a red herring though. If you have a functioning asylum system, whereby people can make an asylum claim abroad, and applications are processed speedily for those who DO get here, then you don’t need all these hotels and detention centres.
The current situation will improve quite quickly with a sensible approach.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’ve lived on a street that was a half way house for those released from prison that would get police attending at least twice a week, and also a residential for those with mental health issues and I reckon a refugee ‘hotel’ would be less trouble for sure

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
The majority of migrants living in England or Wales in 2021 reported speaking English well In 2021, 90% (9 million) of migrants living in England or Wales self-reported speaking English without difficulty. Just over half (52%) spoke English as their main language, and a further 38% had another main language but spoke English well or very well (Figure 1). Only 1% of migrants said they could not speak English at all (142,000).

View attachment 186585

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac....use-and-proficiency-of-migrants-in-the-UK.pdf
Weren't we talking about illegal migrants ?, one would presume that those coming legally with visas for work/studies which these figures include can of course speak English so I'm not sure what you are getting at but I like the no emoji post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here