Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That’s embarrassing including some of the lefties chanting . Glad been arrested

Extremes both sides horrific
What utter nonsense.
One side is throwing bricks at the police, attempting to burn down buildings housing asylum seekers, and much, much more. While one councillor says something daft (and has the whip withdrawn from him, and is arrested) -- and you're trying to draw some equivalence between the two.
You've just delivered yet another illustration of the utter rot of the 'extremes on both sides' point of view.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
What utter nonsense.
One side is throwing bricks at the police, attempting to burn down buildings housing asylum seekers, and much, much more. While one councillor says something daft (and has the whip withdrawn from him, and is arrested) -- and you're trying to draw some equivalence between the two.
You've just delivered yet another illustration of the utter rot of the 'extremes on both sides' point of view.
You regarding his comment as 'daft'?

Well, I never.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
f***ing idiot.
Does he even know which event he's at?
Seems like Jezza was unlucky again when choosing who to stand next to
IMG_5628.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems like Jezza was unlucky again when choosing who to stand next to
View attachment 186739
Has there ever been an MP who was once leader of a political party (a proper one) who ended up as an MP elected on an independent platform?

And....so unlucky?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Part of that is true kids running it around on Mountain bikes is absolute bollocks though 🤣
I saw kids doing this in a documentary about a high school meth cook in Albuquerque, they weren't Albanian... Or on mountain bikes.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not sure that my dental hygienist will be aware of her involvement in that. I saw her a couple of weeks ago and asked her where she was from. Just arrived from Albania and seemed almost apologetic. 'We're not all like they say we are'. 'Quite', I said. 'I judge people by character alone. Welcome to England and I hope you have a long and happy stay. My teeth, what's left of them these days, look great'

I left feeling very sad that she felt the need to apologise for just being Albanian.
I bet at some point she is complicit in giving you drugs!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Speaking of bellends…..

I’m delighted that yon Nigel has identified who the true victim of the last 10 days is, who’d have thought it’d be him?

sakooshi

Jun 16, 2024
While one councillor says something daft (and has the whip withdrawn from him, and is arrested) -- and you're trying to draw some equivalence between the two.
It's rather worse than saying something daft. You can't be using rhetoric like that whoever you are, let alone an elected official, calling for the murder of one's fellow citizens, regardless of how distasteful one might find their views.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
This may have already been posted on this thread.
Jeremy Clarkson has hit the nail on the head with his comments in the paper.

But in case you’ve missed it, he writes….

“When I lived in London’s Notting Hill, working in the media, I was a remainer and so were all my friends. It literally didn’t occur to us, as we sat down there in our agreeable houses eating agreeable food that someone might vote to leave. And I think the same thing is happening again.

“Today, I’m surrounded by farmers and plasterers and brickies and butchers and all I hear, all day long, is that there’s too much immigration. But if they say this out loud, or if they go on a march, they are told by the London elite that they are far-right extremists or racist thugs. For the most part, they’re not. They are just people who know that they have to shut up when the Last Post is played and that a cheese rolling down a hill is funny.

“There was a time you’d have called them the salt of the earth. But Sir Starmer doesn’t seem to have grasped this. He is surrounded by people who see nothing wrong with immigration and he’s got it into his head – as I did with Brexit – that anyone who disagrees with him must be some kind of Trump-nut. The fact is though that four million people voted for Reform. More than that voted for Brexit. And he’s p***ing them off by labelling them as modern-day Hitlers. I therefore suggest that both he and his friends at the BBC calm down the rhetoric or we could be heading for some real trouble.”
Disingenuous berk

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It's rather worse than saying something daft. You can't be using rhetoric like that whoever you are, let alone an elected official, calling for the murder of one's fellow citizens, regardless of how distasteful one might find their views.
Agree. He got carried away by his own ego I’m sure but his timing couldn’t have been worse. Will probably spend time in jail now so the authorities can’t be accused of two tier policing. Only himself to blame if so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here