Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
With these riots the bigots tried to burn people alive! That was enough to unite basically everyone. And it’s no wonder hardly anyone supported them when those videos came out.

I’m all for protesting, free speech religious apologetics even if folk find it offensive, left or right wing. But when it comes to violence and worse, then a line has to be drawn.

I think Elon X/Twitter has a lot to answer for! a lot of the far right videos from Ireland where they burnt immigration centres were pushed on Twitter. Elon commented on some. I think the far right looked at that and wanted the same violence here.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
The rape and child abuse stats get discussed regularly. They are false. You do know that right. Here are the ethnicities of child abusers and proportion they represent of the population.

View attachment 186718
And stats can be presented in many different ways. Here's the link to BBC article posted recently by Thunderbolt which states a very different %ge split. The difference immediately obvious is that the BBC figures are for gangs/groups whereas I presume the above are covering anything relating to CSE

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
And stats can be presented in many different ways. Here's the link to BBC article posted recently by Thunderbolt which states a very different %ge split. The difference immediately obvious is that the BBC figures are for gangs/groups whereas I presume the above are covering anything relating to CSE

Yes. The one I posted is the number of individuals.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
If you're a raving British patriot, you would know which way up to hold a Union Flag, Shirley?
1723137080218.png

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Admittedly, enjoying the show tonight as footage of these yobs being sentenced up and down the land is released, along with their pathetic remorse remarks for what they’ve done c/o defence lawyers.

Examples: 70 years of age…sake, what were you thinking? Never mind, take him down. Elsewhere, how do you go from playing bingo to leading a riot? I mean, you couldn’t make some of this stuff up. Still, all have plenty of time on their hands now to think about their stupidity.

HillBarnTillIDie

Jul 2, 2011
This may have already been posted on this thread.
Jeremy Clarkson has hit the nail on the head with his comments in the paper.

But in case you’ve missed it, he writes….

“When I lived in London’s Notting Hill, working in the media, I was a remainer and so were all my friends. It literally didn’t occur to us, as we sat down there in our agreeable houses eating agreeable food that someone might vote to leave. And I think the same thing is happening again.

“Today, I’m surrounded by farmers and plasterers and brickies and butchers and all I hear, all day long, is that there’s too much immigration. But if they say this out loud, or if they go on a march, they are told by the London elite that they are far-right extremists or racist thugs. For the most part, they’re not. They are just people who know that they have to shut up when the Last Post is played and that a cheese rolling down a hill is funny.

“There was a time you’d have called them the salt of the earth. But Sir Starmer doesn’t seem to have grasped this. He is surrounded by people who see nothing wrong with immigration and he’s got it into his head – as I did with Brexit – that anyone who disagrees with him must be some kind of Trump-nut. The fact is though that four million people voted for Reform. More than that voted for Brexit. And he’s p***ing them off by labelling them as modern-day Hitlers. I therefore suggest that both he and his friends at the BBC calm down the rhetoric or we could be heading for some real trouble.”

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Fearing that non-white people will rape or murder their children, you mean?
Yes when you are being targeted. You wouldn't say to a black American that there are other thugs, crooks and bigots so why single out the KKK would you?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Inth

“When I lived in London’s Notting Hill, working in the media, I was a remainer and so were all my friends. It literally didn’t occur to us, as we sat down there in our agreeable houses eating agreeable food that someone might vote to leave. And I think the same thing is happening again.

“Today, I’m surrounded by farmers and plasterers and brickies and butchers and all I hear, all day long, is that there’s too much immigration. But if they say this out loud, or if they go on a march, they are told by the London elite that they are far-right extremists or racist thugs. For the most part, they’re not. They are just people who know that they have to shut up when the Last Post is played and that a cheese rolling down a hill is funny.

“There was a time you’d have called them the salt of the earth. But Sir Starmer doesn’t seem to have grasped this. He is surrounded by people who see nothing wrong with immigration and he’s got it into his head – as I did with Brexit – that anyone who disagrees with him must be some kind of Trump-nut. The fact is though that four million people voted for Reform. More than that voted for Brexit. And he’s p***ing them off by labelling them as modern-day Hitlers. I therefore suggest that both he and his friends at the BBC calm down the rhetoric or we could be heading for some real trouble.”
I think he should stick to making racist remakes on tv shows about chubby white blokes blowing up caravans.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

That's Clarkson's Sun column btw. One of the rags that has spent the past decades demonising migrants and foreigners.

I know plenty of brickies and plasterers that don't bang on about immigration all the time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Maybe someone in Clarkson’s position therefore shouldn’t be spreading lies that Starmer has labelled them as “modern day Hitlers”, then?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Clarkson surrounds himself with like-thinking bellends ? Who’d have thunk it.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
The rape and child abuse stats get discussed regularly. They are false. You do know that right. Here are the ethnicities of child abusers and proportion they represent of the population.

View attachment 186718
I was referencing children being targeted because of their race by grooming gangs and murders. Your points are not relevant to what I said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here