Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
The most overrated player we have. Constantly gives the ball away, costs us goals every season and looks like he has the stamina of an asthmatic ant! Shocking going forward, his goal return for us is embarrassing. If we want to kick on he has to go!

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I read a stat last week that Ryan is the most accurate in terms of goalkeeper passing to a teammate. But I am sure you know more than them.

Based on 80 minutes against Liverpool, I think we will do okay in our last three games. But I doubt you saw that. Only focused on the final score

I saw that stat as well, but in my opinion distribution isn’t the first thing I look for in a goalkeeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I’m inclined to agree that Stephens and Propper needs upgrading. On the positive side, Alzate and Mac Allister are here and ready to step in next season. Both are more comfortable on the ball which was the glaring difference last night between the sides. Just a new “sitter” midfielder needed IMO

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Propper cannot and must not play in the role where he collects the ball from Ryan or the centre backs. He either gets caught in possession or passes it away. If he's not much, much better playing higher up the field then he must be replaced.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Propper like others had a poor game. However in his case its one of a number where the same mistakes keep being made. If we are ambitious to move away from the bottom end of the table next season and if we have any money to spend I hope we invest in a defensive mid fielder who is comfortable on the ball and has reasonable distribution skills. A big ask no doubt.

Having said that Propper would be helped by not being given the ball out where the press is too close to him.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I read a stat last week that Ryan is the most accurate in terms of goalkeeper passing to a teammate. But I am sure you know more than them.

Based on 80 minutes against Liverpool, I think we will do okay in our last three games. But I doubt you saw that. Only focused on the final score

Those stats are probably based on passing to Dunk and Webster at the back, not booting the ball up the pitch. How many times have you seen him kick it straight out for a throw in? Once or twice a game? I am not imagining it.

The only positive is that Potter used this game for a run out and test for some unused players in a game we would have probably lost anyway.

Let's hope that Bournemouth and Villa lose today otherwise there could be two relegation places reserved for two of five teams that will be decided on the last day of the season if we don't pick up more than a point in our last three games against tough opposition, who are fighting hard themselves judging on their recent performances.

Man for man we have the weakest squad in this league, but I will take all the luck we can get before the transfer window opens and Potter can bring his choice of player in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, No, No, I won’t have that. There’s a team in Norwich..... (said in the style of the Major declaring there is a hotel in Eastbourne that was worse than Fawlty Towers).

There's another in Lancashire and another in Yorkshire (said in the voice of a chef who has just lost his hamster).

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Hmmm still probably our best Dutch import in recent memory though, (not that that says a lot).

tumblr_n547nbw4eG1tb0twqo1_500.png :shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Man for man we have the weakest squad in this league, but I will take all the luck we can get before the transfer window opens and Potter can bring his choice of player in.

Wobble you head

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We were reportedly in for Sander Berge last summer, but when he opted for Sheff United it left us having to make do with what we had. This meant Propper playing slightly deeper than he likes.

Hopefully we can fill that DM role this summer, freeing Davy to play his preferred, more advanced position.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
cant shoot , gives the ball away , not physical enough , rarely scores or assists

Consistently poor. Very occasionally has a good game.

massively over rated

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Those stats are probably based on passing to Dunk and Webster at the back, not booting the ball up the pitch. How many times have you seen him kick it straight out for a throw in? Once or twice a game? I am not imagining it.

The only positive is that Potter used this game for a run out and test for some unused players in a game we would have probably lost anyway.

Let's hope that Bournemouth and Villa lose today otherwise there could be two relegation places reserved for two of five teams that will be decided on the last day of the season if we don't pick up more than a point in our last three games against tough opposition, who are fighting hard themselves judging on their recent performances.

Nope. Top for long ball accuracy outside of the top 6.

8b4520131a3a67df413d51c001911976.jpg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nope. Top for long ball accuracy outside of the top 6.

8b4520131a3a67df413d51c001911976.jpg

Interesting stats highlighting that Ryan does fanny about doing short passes more than anyone else outside the top 6. Whilst the passes may be accurate the receiver may not be equipped to deal with it. He also play a high number of long passes. No surprise that the ball is with Ryan more than it is with other keepers

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
And this is based on what exactly?

Based on a season of poor performances, individual errors that gifted opponents chances, sometimes led to goals, struggles with first time passing playing from the back Potter style (also led to goals), can’t head the ball, 0 assists and 0 goals.

And judging from this thread I’m not the only fan to have noticed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here