Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Property Ladder C4 2000-2100 Tonight

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Some greedy fucks on there - I've only been watching it for six minutes and I find it disgusting already. This is the sad reality of the cynical swine cashing in on 'The City'.

May they all choke on their '11% profit'! Grrrr.... :angry:

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dover said:
Tom. They have made no money whatsoever. Justic for Molly and Cyrill that used to live there. :clap2:

Yup, I DO like a happy ending. The muppet ended up working his balls off for six months for the equivalent of twelve quid a week :lol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I'd love to get my hands on a place like that to do up. Unfortunately it was about 3 times more than the mortgage I can get. Oh well. I'll spend the money on beer instead.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
And after that on 'Lovejoy' there was a little featurette of Nathan Jones & Adam Virgo being sent to watch the Zutons

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Tom Hark said:
Yup, I DO like a happy ending. The muppet ended up working his balls off for six months for the equivalent of twelve quid a week :lol:

They haven't sold it yet!!
That £12 per week was only if they could sell it at the asking price.
On average places are fetching just under 95% of the current asking price. So it looks like the 'speculators' will have worked for 6 months to take a loss of about £15,000.

Nice going:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The guy was bloody clueless.
I can't believe they spent so much on a property in that state.
Wallys.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That programme is always good - the people are such utterly self-deluding fuckwits.

I once watched a slightly mentally unstable-seeming woman wearing far too much make-up piss away an absolute fortune on turning a fairly nice if drab house into what I imagine the aftermath of an explosion at a liquorice allsorts factory looks like. Top quality telly.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Always worth watching for la Beeney.

Saw it last week and she struggled to mask her dislike for the arrogant muppet who was convinced he could:
a) do all the work himself (he couldn't, ended up getting in loads of contractors which totally mega-screwed the budget)
b) redesign the house to his own taste, which involved putting fireplaces in stupid positions and en-suites where there wasn't room to swing a cat – every agent and buyer who then came round said it was laid out "oddly"
c) sell it for £450k, even when the agents were valuing it at £425k, £430k and no-one was making any offers, because someone would "just fall in love with his vision".

Though it's evil to wish financial ruin on anyone, you do revel in these yuppie scum seeing their savings vanish due to their obstinancy, self-delusion, arrogance and greed.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
n1 gull said:
To be fair to Beeney she was heavily pregnant or am I just being picky?

It's a fair point. Disappointing in itself. But my, she is a spendidly buxom woman.

I have to say though, I'm more of a fan of Grand Designs than Property Ladder which now seems a little old hat. Trouble is I dislike nearly all the people who are on Grand Designs - especially Grand Designs abroad or am I just envious of all their wealth?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
bhafc99 said:
Always worth watching for la Beeney.

Saw it last week and she struggled to mask her dislike for the arrogant muppet who was convinced he could:
a) do all the work himself (he couldn't, ended up getting in loads of contractors which totally mega-screwed the budget)
b) redesign the house to his own taste, which involved putting fireplaces in stupid positions and en-suites where there wasn't room to swing a cat – every agent and buyer who then came round said it was laid out "oddly"
c) sell it for £450k, even when the agents were valuing it at £425k, £430k and no-one was making any offers, because someone would "just fall in love with his vision".

Though it's evil to wish financial ruin on anyone, you do revel in these yuppie scum seeing their savings vanish due to their obstinancy, self-delusion, arrogance and greed.

Couldn't agree with you more. Last nights muppet looked like he hadn't even lifted a hammer in his life before he started work on the house. Its scum like this who are pricing all us normal, local, hard working people out of the housing market in Brighton.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Beeney was heavily pregnant, she even had a cold sore on her lip - sign of being run down.

The bloke was basically trying to sort first fix plumbing, electrics and just about everything else from a DIY manual.

The property market in Brighton is on the slide. Assuming that programme was shot in the last few months, he's picked a dreadful time to get into the market.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It always makes me laugh that people bring Sarah Beeny in, who is an expert in property development, and then ignore her advice totally, because their "grand plan" is going to make everybody buy their house for way above the usual rate. Mind you, I suppose they don't show the sensible ones. I wouldn't want to be the one buying that house with all that dodgy wiring. Turn on the light.............:flameboun

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No-one on there ever seems to make ahny money, although I suppose that's probably because they pick hopeless candidates!

Even so, I wonder how much money there really is in property development? Seems to me like a lot of people did well just because prices were rocketing up - not because of anything they did to the house.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
trueblue, totally correct.
They must think people are really really stupid, of course
if you put central heating into a house and paint it in
neutral colours the price is going to slightly increase, but
its all about buying in an area that is going to go up in
value, that's why the programme is flawed.

It's bloody funny watching the idiots mess up though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here