Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Property Ladder C4 2000-2100 Tonight

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
That foul yellow he painted the house in was:sick:Are there no rules in that area on what colour you can paint your house? Presumably the Clifton Hill and Seven Dials areas are all white because they are conservation areas. By the way, was Sarah Beeny getting Hanover and Queens Park mixed up?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
n1 gull said:

its all about buying in an area that is going to go up in
value, that's why the programme is flawed.
Not necessarily. You can make money in a flat market as long as you get it at a low enough price and are capable of doing the work yourself which he quite clearly wasn't. He blew £3500 on tradesmen that he said at the beginning he would do himself.
This series is going to be full of failures because the market has slowed right down so all these idiots who think it's easy because prices have been rising and giving a false picture of the value of their developments are going to get stung. It's going to be great.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
By the way, there was another property programme on not all that long ago, called the Block. They took a group of arty types (I think from London), and put them into 4 houses in Vine Street that were just shells and told them to develop them as they pleased. One was for sale a few weeks ago for some stupid price (I think for about £375,000).

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
375,000 is that what one went for, what f***ing mug bought that then. I think anyone who is deciding to get a house at this time is now asking for trouble, I do not see it going up any further, it may stabalise a bit, but I cant see it going up.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Shit programme. It's the same every week.

Beeney "I'm very clever. What these people are doing is wrong. If they listened to me they could save time and money. They've gone over budget. The property has gone up by £30k but even if they did nothing it would have gone up by £20k"

:nono:

Grand Designs is a much better show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here