Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Probably fixtures but I for one am delighted The Football League have banned smoking.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
edna krabappel said:
I wondered- if you know you smoke, say twenty a day..

So tomorrow, make a conscious decision that you're only going to smoke 19, and you absolutely, won't buy any more than that. One less shouldn't make a difference to how you feel, should it?

Then the next day, only smoke 18. The next day 17.

In theory- twenty days later, and you've given up. Surely that would be easier than going from twenty to none, or even twenty to ten, overnight.

Or am I massively underestimating the pull of nicotine?

PS if anyone tries this and it works, I fully claim the copyright on the subsequent book deal
:lolol:

As the saying goes.

Giving up smoking is easy, I`ve done it a thousand times.

Cutting down never worked for me, I just spent all the time thinking about when I could have my next one. I just went day by day when I stopped.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well what I did do was reduce and went without for a few days at a time.

I also wanted to give up at the New Year but knew Bournemouth away was on 01.01.07 therefore decided the next day would be better.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The Dutch were bringing in a law banning smoking in all public and enclosed spaces just as I left to come back to the UK in 2003, this was supposed to include "coffee houses", so if you like to partake in the weed then best get over there and do so before they are all closed down.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
edna krabappel said:
I wondered- if you know you smoke, say twenty a day..

So tomorrow, make a conscious decision that you're only going to smoke 19, and you absolutely, won't buy any more than that. One less shouldn't make a difference to how you feel, should it?

Then the next day, only smoke 18. The next day 17.

In theory- twenty days later, and you've given up. Surely that would be easier than going from twenty to none, or even twenty to ten, overnight.

Or am I massively underestimating the pull of nicotine?

PS if anyone tries this and it works, I fully claim the copyright on the subsequent book deal
:lolol:

Theoretically it's a good idea, realistically it does'nt work! It's a very addictive product that consecutive governments have consistantly sold to us for tax purposes. I'm going to give it another go this year at packing up because it's something i want to beat before it beats me into an early grave.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Beach Hut said:
Indifferent really about the whole thing as been off the fags sonce 02.01.07.

What happens at a place like Victoria station - will it be banned there ?

It will be banned at Victoria because the platforms are enclosed. It will not be banned at, say, Portslade where they are open. I imagine at Brighton you will be allowed to smoke at the far ends of the platform which are open, although I'm not 100% sure and it may depend on railway policy or future by-laws.

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
British Bulldog said:
I'm a smoker and I have no problem with the smoking ban in public places but I think the ban has gone a bit over the top. I work in a place with a seperate smoking room with extractor fans and does'nt bother the non smokers one bit, but it still has to go and even the non smokers cant understand it.

agree with that, its the same where i work,

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I'm glad this is coming in, july can't come quickly enough for me. I've had burn holes in new clothes that i have worn when going out, smelt of smoke and generally not nice being in a smokey area most of the time when i'm at work or out in a pub/club.

Also be able to piss off the bloke at work that always piss-takes that brighton lose so another bonus!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Fans will still smoke in the ground at the end of the day..Prime example Oldham away this year

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Oh god...If they are going to have a smoking ban, then what about a ban on any food from the burger vans...Eating some of that shit will give you a heart attack or stroke.

Also, can we ban the curry sauce...that's really dangerous - I saw a 7 year old boy pass out once when his father bought some chips with curry sauce. plus once I nearly fell over because I got so pissed at the Sportsman one evening game that I slipped on an onion that had fallen out of a burger and dislocated my shoulder!!

Oh and while we're at it...Can we ban referee's from being wankers as everytime I see one make a shit decision I get so stressed out, that I get an ache in my arm and chest.

For god sake - Leave the smokers alone...they get enough shit from everyone as it is!

Oh and before you ask...I gave up in February 06 and haven't had one since :angel:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
:clap: Excellent News:clap:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
And I thought this was a free country
Bastards take enough fuckin' tax then I can't smoke the vleedin' things
And like bristolseagull above NO ONE will tell me what i can and can't do:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
f***ing right,

what the f*** is going on in this country?

get a grip and some balls DMC, :nono: :nono:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
bristolseagull said:
f***ing gay,

NOONE is going to tell me when i can or cant smoke.

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't get the occasional TWAT who thinks it's hard to blow the smoke right in peoples faces.

Smoke all you want, but as long as none of it goes near me.:wave:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
bristolseagull said:
f***ing gay,

NOONE is going to tell me when i can or cant smoke.

They can and will.

Leeds note seat numbers of people who smoke (don't say anything at the games!) and send them letter in the mail, you get one or two chances before being called before the kangaroo court in the same way you would for being a asked to leave/hooligan/racist abuse etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here