Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Probably fixtures but I for one am delighted The Football League have banned smoking.

D

Deleted User X18H

... at all grounds from July ban it now I say !!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
really!? excellent.

Yes but does that mean the whole proximity of the ground or just the stands ?

D

Deleted User X18H

Beach Hut said:
Yes but does that mean the whole proximity of the ground or just the stands ?
The entire Stadium or in Withdeans case the entire shithole

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
hove born&bred said:
The entire Stadium or in Withdeans case the entire shithole

So will it actually be enforced for instance near the catering vans as no stewards are there ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:clap2: Great news.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Despite the no smoking signs at Saltergate , people were still smoking in the stand , not very wise as it was all wooden.

D

Deleted User X18H

As I said in an email to MP and on ask the club lets start it on Saturday

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Presumably that's partly due to the change in the law, not the Football League acting out of the kindness of their hearts?

Not sure quite sure what the parameters are, but its something along the lines of smoking in public (by that I mean enclosed environments) and in workplaces will be outlawed by July, meaning you won't be able to smoke inside pubs, restaurants, bars and so on.

I can't wait. Most pubs are bad enough, even with so called non smoking areas, but smoking in restaurants is just the pits.

Looking forward to July :clap: :flameboun

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm a smoker and I have no problem with the smoking ban in public places but I think the ban has gone a bit over the top. I work in a place with a seperate smoking room with extractor fans and does'nt bother the non smokers one bit, but it still has to go and even the non smokers cant understand it.

British Bulldog said:
I'm a smoker and I have no problem with the smoking ban in public places but I think the ban has gone a bit over the top. I work in a place with a seperate smoking room with extractor fans and does'nt bother the non smokers one bit, but it still has to go and even the non smokers cant understand it.

I do agree, one place I have to visit has a smoking shed that is about 50 Mtrs from the main building and it will have to go.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Indifferent really about the whole thing as been off the fags sonce 02.01.07.

What happens at a place like Victoria station - will it be banned there ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it affects anywhere which is (a) enclosed and/or (b) someone's place of work.

Extractor fans are all very well in theory, but they have bugger all effect in most pubs.

Come on guys, maybe this new law will do you all a favour!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
edna krabappel said:
I think it affects anywhere which is (a) enclosed and/or (b) someone's place of work.

Extractor fans are all very well in theory, but they have bugger all effect in most pubs.

Come on guys, maybe this new law will do you all a favour!

So I assume Victoria Railway Station is classed as enclosed although the platforms are possibly open to the elements at the end ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here