Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pro evolution 4, 9 days away

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Have they corrected one of the biggest flaws? 'Keepers never ever get sent off, so any time that striker is clean through just bring the goalie out and haul him down. (Although sometimes he'll go round you).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
trueblue said:
Have they corrected one of the biggest flaws? 'Keepers never ever get sent off, so any time that striker is clean through just bring the goalie out and haul him down. (Although sometimes he'll go round you).

dunno about that, apparently they let goals in alot "that they think are going wide", PES3 had many many flaws, I just hope most of them are sewn up as it gets annoying after awhile, and considering they've been making this game since it was ISS they should eventually get it right :rolleyes:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
trueblue said:

What are you blabbering on about? I've had my keeper sent off twice in the last week...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
D'Angelo Saxon said:
What are you blabbering on about? I've had my keeper sent off twice in the last week...

Really? Me and a mate have been playing this ever since it came out, and the 'keeper has never once been red-carded for some horrendous challenges. As he's the last man, it should almost always be a red..... interesting to know it can happen, but has anyone else had a keeper sent off?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
what I hate about the keepers is the amazing forcefield around the 18yd box, they dive right on it to grab the ball but never fall out :eek:
Also in PES3 they look way too big for the goals, yet still let in the silliest of shots!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
trueblue said:
Really? Me and a mate have been playing this ever since it came out, and the 'keeper has never once been red-carded for some horrendous challenges. As he's the last man, it should almost always be a red..... interesting to know it can happen, but has anyone else had a keeper sent off?

What you may/may not know as well, is that occasionally, but very rarely, the goal keeper will come up for a corner in injury time. However, I haven't got a clue why or how you get him to do this. The first I normally know about it is when his header goes agonisingly close...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I wonder if the difficult level has anything to do with this. We play on 3 stars, as I assume the only thing it really changes is the 'keeper's reactions in a 2 player game.

Kev the Ape

D'Angelo Saxon said:
What you may/may not know as well, is that occasionally, but very rarely, the goal keeper will come up for a corner in injury time. However, I haven't got a clue why or how you get him to do this. The first I normally know about it is when his header goes agonisingly close...

i had this happen yesterday in stoppage time in the second half, i saw him out of his area near the half way line, and i got the ball and the bloody whistle went, but i was winning 2-1 at the time.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
i have been playing on 5 stars but aint had keeper sent off.

???

would love to see it though!

i hope they sort the advantage rule out properly on PES4 , can be quite annoying snag with it sometimes - still a quality game though!:drink:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
advantage rule has been greatly improved according to people already playing the game. Be interesting to see if they've done the same with offsides and fouls which are blatantly good tackles (happens way too much)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
CrabtreeBHA said:
advantage rule has been greatly improved according to people already playing the game. Be interesting to see if they've done the same with offsides and fouls which are blatantly good tackles (happens way too much)

yeah, the sliding tackle where you make full contact with the ball, and ref gives a foul every f***ing time.

RRRRRAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:censored:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
its called poor programming! happend in other PES versions apparently

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the one where they run the ball out of play even though on the directional pad you're going the opposite way :angry:

when the ball is about to go out for a corner (for example) and you want them to slide kick it out they just run at it and kick it miles AFTER its gone over the line :angry:

where they run for a ball going out and you dont want them too and you have no control over them so they knee it out for a throw in to the other team :angry:

The Master League and its shitty points format :angry:

The League tabel where the Pts is on the wrong side....f***ing stupidity on Konamis behalf :angry:

great game but has its flaws and in now its 4th incarnation as PES (not including the versions of ISS) they better iron the annoying things out, if not then they need a new set of programmers and football players to make it right!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
CrabtreeBHA said:
the one where they run the ball out of play even though on the directional pad you're going the opposite way :angry:

when the ball is about to go out for a corner (for example) and you want them to slide kick it out they just run at it and kick it miles AFTER its gone over the line :angry:

where they run for a ball going out and you dont want them too and you have no control over them so they knee it out for a throw in to the other team :angry:

The Master League and its shitty points format :angry:

The League tabel where the Pts is on the wrong side....f***ing stupidity on Konamis behalf :angry:

great game but has its flaws and in now its 4th incarnation as PES (not including the versions of ISS) they better iron the annoying things out, if not then they need a new set of programmers and football players to make it right!

:lolol: :lolol:

very true and all equally as f***ing annoying.

also when you have the screen before kick off when you can do subs ect, it tell you the win/draw/lose of the teams, but not the league position as it did on PES2.???

that bit where you wanna let the ball run and the stupid fucker elbows it out for a goal kick drives me f***ing insane!!

D'Angelo..................anytime bruv! you will NOT will!:lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here