Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Privatised Railways - customer satisfaction rises

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, the way the questions are worded and loaded towards certain sections of travellers. I can't believe that anyone who has just paid for their extortionately priced season and who can't get a seat in the cattle truck they are travelling in will say it's good value or a great experience!

Agree. As I have said before, if you show me someone who is happy with the railways I'll show you someone either with their snout in the trough or someone who is completely mad.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Time for a rant.

Back in the UK and decided to pony up for an annual season ticket. Though my office is in Blackfriars, I can arrive at Victoria or London Bridge depending on the state of the trains in the morning.

I'm now told it costs more to travel to any London station than a specified one. When did this happen? In my previous commuting days it was the same price wherever you arrived.

It is this petty money grabbing attitude coupled with the appalling service that so pisses us commuters off. They will probably make enough to pay for a completely pointless ticket barrier at my local station

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, it's Southern Rail that's the problem, not the rail network in general.

http://newsthump.com/2015/05/21/southern-rail-revealed-as-cruel-experiment/

Southern Rail revealed as ‘cruel experiment’

'Southern Rail has been revealed as a cruel experiment to try and test the physical and mental limits of the human population.

The hapless rail company has long been the bane of passengers’ lives with delays, cramped conditions, and overt racism commonplace.

Until now, it has been assumed that the only possible way to run a train company as ineptly as Southern Rail was if barely trained monkeys were in charge and spent their days flinging faeces at each other.

However, Professor Simon Williams has revealed that it actually isn’t meant to function as a train company in any meaningful way.

“And in that we have succeeded,” he said

“We wanted to create conditions so intolerable, so absurd, that an average human being would crack.”

“Famously we had the 729 Brighton to Victoria service that never arrived on time, when that didn’t break anyone, we parked it outside Victoria for six hours and switched the toilets off.”

“We had Guards on one service spend a morning poking sleeping passengers with pins, we played Napalm Death at full volume in place of station announcements, we even flooded carriages with the smell of flatulence. “

“The only way we could test passengers’ tolerance further would be to literally shoot them in the face, and that currently isn’t Southern Rail policy.”

“I can only conclude that human beings have staggeringly high levels of tolerance.”'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm now told it costs more to travel to any London station than a specified one. When did this happen? In my previous commuting days it was the same price wherever you arrived.

i've been told this was always the case, as people are willing to pay for the flexibility. where two train co's operate there is more of a price distinction as they offer a discount to stay on their services, to maintain the air of competition.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agree. As I have said before, if you show me someone who is happy with the railways I'll show you someone either with their snout in the trough or someone who is completely mad.

Indeed.

I reckon the survey was taken on a Saturday or during non peak times, perhaps a group of foreign exchange students or day trippers when there are half empty trains sailing up and down the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here