Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Privatised Railways - customer satisfaction rises

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Question 1. Who STOLE the 1983 FA Cup Final cash ?

Question 2. Is it TRUE Enrest has LOCATED it at last ?

1: It's Easter not Christmas, so it's not STOLLEN.

2: Enrest is the COLUMBO of NSC, although he looks more like CANON.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Question 1. Who STOLE the 1983 FA Cup Final cash ?

Question 2. Is it TRUE Enrest has LOCATED it at last ?

Question 3. Would it happen in Germany?

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Travel with Virgin. I'm travelling from Manchester to Brighton for the REMF quiz on Friday for £17.50. Power socket, seat reservation and wi-fi.

Yes, it's Southern Rail that's the problem, not the rail network in general. I travelled with Virgin last week and it was a revelation. All the above plus really good service.

They should take away the Southern Rail franchise. The service is terrible and I've been trying for three months to get a couple of refunds. Their customer service agents are idiots and incapable of sorting anything out...

Otherwise fine........!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I commute daily on the service into Liverpool St and it is an absolute disgrace. My family spends £9k a year for that absolute pile of s...t.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Done to death on here but it wasn't the Privatisation that was the problem - it was splitting trains from track (and station).

I visit Clapham Junction most mornings. Admittedly I don't have to, but choose to change there to get a coffee sometimes breakfast. Often choose to change there to get food in the evening.

It works great all the time it doesn't.

Southern (who I need to get home), South West Trains who I think run the station and TFL who I require to get to work don't appear to talk to each other.

I've often had to inform other passengers of the options.

If you know Clapham Junction the options to Shepherds Bush are "variable" to say the least. The options (if one fails) completely the opposite ends on the station. Platform 17, 16 or er 1.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Done to death on here but it wasn't the Privatisation that was the problem - it was splitting trains from track (and station).

i'd say generations of under investment and high running cost of a victorian network might have something to do with it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
i'd say generations of under investment and high running cost of a victorian network might have something to do with it.

Under a publically owned system.

It's hardly worth debating, there are very few who agree it was done correctly.

Hugely unpopular and we've been debating ever since.Even right wingers like Redwood thought at the time it was being split up in incorrectly but we're overruled.

Interestingly, although somewhat attributed to Major - similar happened under Blair. The Tube PPP was an utter cluster **** of cock juggling **** ups but Iraq obviously gets the headlines.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Prices rise and satisfaction goes up. Something must be working

Yes, the way the questions are worded and loaded towards certain sections of travellers. I can't believe that anyone who has just paid for their extortionately priced season and who can't get a seat in the cattle truck they are travelling in will say it's good value or a great experience!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here