Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Private coach to Huddersfield?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Yeah i was a little naive about the whole thing, feel like a bit of dick now. Like i said before sorry for building peoples hopes up.

We (A21) have been doing this sort of thing since 1991 and the last 3-4 years have been a nightmare (fuel costs, vehicle hire costs, govt. legislation, driving hours meaning 2 drivers on coaches, limiters on mini-busses, etc). Trying to organise it all and bring it under a sensible/realistic budget per head is a nightmare.

Well done for trying anyway.

Before anyone asks our transport to Hudds is fully booked by the way.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah i was a little naive about the whole thing, feel like a bit of dick now. Like i said before sorry for building peoples hopes up.

It was a good idea and you gave it a go mate, nothing to feel sorry for. We did leave it a little bit late afterall so it wasn't going to be easy. It's not the time you tried and failed in life, it's the times you never even bothered. ;)

That said, is the dream over? Is there no chance of getting a coach sorted?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Easy to moan and bitch, isn't it lads. Not so easy to actually try and organise a trip out up north for a football match, in support of the Albion. I really don't understand why people feel the need to come into this thread and offer nothing but an attempt at a scathing comment, what a shame.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I doubt I'll be going. But imagine you could get 54 people at £21.37 each... Daz has potentially got 10.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
We (A21) have been doing this sort of thing since 1991 and the last 3-4 years have been a nightmare (fuel costs, vehicle hire costs, govt. legislation, driving hours meaning 2 drivers on coaches, limiters on mini-busses, etc). Trying to organise it all and bring it under a sensible/realistic budget per head is a nightmare.

Well done for trying anyway.

Before anyone asks our transport to Hudds is fully booked by the way.

How much did you charge?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Easy to moan and bitch, isn't it lads. Not so easy to actually try and organise a trip out up north for a football match, in support of the Albion. I really don't understand why people feel the need to come into this thread and offer nothing but an attempt at a scathing comment, what a shame.

Or just be organised and do not leave it to the last minute?

Or in some people's cases, this is what happens when they try and rely on others, rather than sorting their own travel out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not really a case of not being organised.
It has only recently become apparent that this game would be worthwhile, so there's bound to be last-minute arrangements being attempted. Two weeks ago, I'd have said there was NO WAY I'd be bothering with this trip. Different now though innit.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
How much did you charge?

We're only running mini-busses to Hudds (our members demand has caught us out too - can't get a coach from anyone).

We've brought it in approx. £18 per head (to be confirmed on the day) but that's only because we use the hire firm regularly. All places booked as of this morning.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I personally think the coach companies should know how important this game is and lay on coach travel for free or even be paying people to go themselves.

They clearly do not care about the Albion at all. Lets boycott them forever more!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
We're only running mini-busses to Hudds (our members demand has caught us out too - can't get a coach from anyone).

We've brought it in approx. £18 per head (to be confirmed on the day) but that's only because we use the hire firm regularly. All places booked as of this morning.

So there you go folks. The £21.37 each isn't that bad!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Isn't bad? Bloody good deal as it. :thumbsup: I would be happy to go as high as £30, which in itself is still a relative bargain.

Is the dream completely over? Or is there still a chance? Croydon Seagull, speak!

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings

These are small 15 seaters though. Best we could get. We also know that everyone who books with us turns up (regulars) and hence there is no risk of us as organisers getting caught out financially (means we don't have to factor that risk into the price per head).

Incidentally, one thing we've noticed in recent years is a rise in coach and mini-bus hire companies that simply don't seem to want to take football fans anymore. Not so much flat No's but an offish attitude combined with absolutely unbelievable quotes.

We've really had to hunt around for alternative bus and coach hire companies this season (nothing we've done honest!).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why don't you look into it?

Because I'm useless with organising anything in the slightest. No point in my pretending or trying to be proud, I am no good at it and I do sort of rely on someone else to get something sorted. In this case, atleast. I don't fancy the train journey up to Huddersfield, well, the train journey back from Huddersfield in the evening atleast. I wouldn't know where to start with organising a coach, and I don't want the pressure of getting other people interested and signed up.

Much respect from me to Croydon Seagull for even attempting to get it organised so quickly, where I know I would have had no chance. :clap2:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
the other option may be taxi drivers on here. i remember last year a poster was offering to drive to Carlisle for something like £30.. off memory I think they had an 8 or 12 seater taxi..

Feb 2, 2007
Japan

Couldn't agree more, the enthusiasm on this thread was giving be a bit of a lift sitting at my desk over here in Nippon. Miserable twats

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Can anyone pick me up in Oxford? I want to be there on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here