Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Private coach to Huddersfield?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Just waiting for some people to come back with quotes. A few companies have said it’s too short notice which is to be expected I guess.

One women I spoke to thought it would be around £500-£600 for a 53 seater which works out as less than £10 per person.

I’ll keep people posted, any more interested by the way?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Just waiting for some people to come back with quotes. A few companies have said it’s too short notice which is to be expected I guess.

One women I spoke to thought it would be around £500-£600 for a 53 seater which works out as less than £10 per person.

if you get 25 people mate thats still only 20 quid a go and we get 2 seats to crash out in on the way back. you will easy get 25 possibly more closer to the time. id also start a thread in the away section bit . what you could do is get people to transfer you 10 quid (not sure if you are gonna take the responsibility of paying up front) then pay the difference on the day if the coach doesnt sell out. id transfer the money for 2 today maybe 4 if i can persuade people

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
if you get 25 people mate thats still only 20 quid a go and we get 2 seats to crash out in on the way back. you will easy get 25 possibly more closer to the time. id also start a thread in the away section bit . what you could do is get people to transfer you 10 quid (not sure if you are gonna take the responsibility of paying up front) then pay the difference on the day if the coach doesnt sell out. id transfer the money for 2 today maybe 4 if i can persuade people

"Crash out" ?:safeway

1066gull

Worthing/Lancing etc.
Brighton
Tunbridge Wells train station
Haywards Heath
Gatwick
Crawley?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
i plan on having a few beers on way up and before game:whisky::thumbsup:

Yeah defiantly, bung the drivera bit of dough.

Will be good if it pulls off, espically for a cockle.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
im thinking no flags out of the windows etc or we may get stoppped by old bill and they may take my 8 pack of wife beater off me and turn the coach home

Yeah, do nothing to catch attention.

Is it booked up or, ...?

What time would it be looking to get to Uddersfield for? Midday?

:banana:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
croydon seagull is dealing with it , i think 25 people should make it a go er. as long as one of the stop offs isnt tunbridge wells (eh? lol) think 25 people can easily be found. arriving midday wouldbe good but i think with all the pick ups itd have to leave brighton about 7am

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
croydon seagull is dealing with it , i think 25 people should make it a go er. as long as one of the stop offs isnt tunbridge wells (eh? lol) think 25 people can easily be found. arriving midday wouldbe good but i think with all the pick ups itd have to leave brighton about 7am

Yeah, I reckon I could get at least 7-10 mates who would be interested. So I reckon it could easily be more than 25.

:drink: :banana:

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

That seems very cheap. I hired a 12 seater with driver to Colchester. Paid £350 but most companies wanted £475

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm going to look into how much it would cost to hire a coach and driver for Huddersfield on Saturday. Would anyone be interested, otherwise it might be advisable for me to rent a smart car instead ;-)

I'm guessing around 50 people would be needed to make it cheap, anyone who might be interested?

Also, living in Croydon i wouldn't have a clue where would be the best place for a pick up, suggestions would be appreciated.

I’m really sorry chaps but only one coach company said they were able to do it at such short notice and it’s pretty expensive. I tried six different companies!

Also according to the lady I spoke with, health and safety regulations mean that two driver would have to travel meaning the costs would be fairly high add to that we would have to leave Gatwick airport before 7;00 AM.

If people want to pay the high price the details are as follows;

Sussex county coach hire 01273 465500

23 Seater £923.00

54 seater £1154.00

Sorry to let people down ;-(

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
should we start a thread with who is definite . should we aim for the 23 seater first or if thats too expensive should we see if we can get 54 people ? also need someone to stump up the cash or do we all pay the driver on the day? i doubt it works like this.

croydon seagull - what are the details re leaving gatwick? is that where they are based? so would they go to brighton first or would everyine have to go to gatwick. cheers for putting the effort in by the way mate

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I cant believe you thought it would be much cheaper.

Yeah i was a little naive about the whole thing, feel like a bit of dick now. Like i said before sorry for building peoples hopes up.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
if you are looking to do it cheaper why not consider hiring a minibus for the day. you can get 16 seaters although it will mean one person cant drink.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
I have had a quote of £590 for a 16 seater - £37ph, still pretty expensive but more realistic in achieving numbers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here