Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince William and Kate to become Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I speak only for myself but I couldn't care less about their wedding so I certainly don't give a toss about the prospect of them being given some pretentious title relating to a place neither of them have any connections to whatsoever.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Charles III ??

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I speak only for myself but I couldn't care less about their wedding so I certainly don't give a toss about the prospect of them being given some pretentious title relating to a place neither of them have any connections to whatsoever.

You speak for me too. Couldn't give a f*** about the wedding or their future titles, quite frankly.

1066gull

I should really remember to not post on NSC when referring to British patriotism because I know what a bunch of political correctness numpties they really are.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It would indeed be cool if they took this title, I'm with you on this.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I would much rather somebody tweeted 'let's abolish the anachronistic unelected parasites that calls itself the British Monarchy'.

Shall we put you down as "undecided" with regard to the possible future local Dukedom? :lolol:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I dont see why the Royal Family stir up so much hatred. They may take up alot of Taxpayers money but they also bring in alot of money through tourists coming to take photos of a building and some guys in red coats and black hats stading outside!

They are a British institution and they have been around for a lot longer than any of us!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The LAST thing I want is for those two to have anything to do with our fair county. Having all the forelock-tuggers creaming themselves over a wedding is one thing, but William as Duke of Sussex? No. No. No.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I love the way it's always the anti-royalists who claim they couldn't care less but insist on telling everyone on how little they care and say it often. (this isn't me expressing any royal opinions. It's just an observation)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I should really remember to not post on NSC when referring to British patriotism because I know what a bunch of political correctness numpties they really are.

That sentence makes little sense, however I think you're clumsily attempting to imply that it would be patriotic to hope William & his intended get the Sussex title. I fail to see how that's the case, because if he doesn't get called Sussex, he will be called Cambridge, so what's unpatriotic about that?

More relevant however: this is nothing to do with patriotism, and even less to do with political correctness (Christ knows where you plucked that from), it's merely that I have no more interest in the wedding of a posh bloke I've never met to a posh woman I've never met than I would in that of any other complete stranger, much less will I be investing in a commemorative tea towel or toadying down bowing to someone simply because an accident of birth means they get called a Duke.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If they become Duke and Duchess of Sussex will they play GOSBTS at the wedding ?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I dont see why the Royal Family stir up so much hatred. They may take up alot of Taxpayers money but they also bring in alot of money through tourists coming to take photos of a building and some guys in red coats and black hats stading outside!

They are a British institution and they have been around for a lot longer than any of us!

Do they really though? The Palace of Versailles is pretty heavily visited and they knocked their king's head off over 200 years ago! I wouldn't know for sure, but I think the rich history of Britain in general (which includes the monarchy through the years) attracts the tourists rather than the fact that there still is a Queen sat in Buckingham Palace doing nothing of relevance to them...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Technically speaking you could also say the same about slavery, hanging and sending small children up chimneys: it doesn't follow that they were a good thing however.

I should add at this point that I'm not totally anti Royal. I don't mind the Boss, for some reason, she seems like a game old girl, and the DofE is good for a giggle every now and again. I don't even mind Charles and Camilla. William and Harry I'm completely indifferent to. The rest of them, however, offer absolutely nothing to this country. Prince Edward? What the HELL does he do? Prince Andrew seems to be on a one man mission to helicopter himself to every Championship golf course on the planet under the pretence of being a "trade ambassador" ( I would love to know how much trade he has generated while strolling up the fourteenth at Pebble Beach), while the rest of the minor royals do bugger all apart from occasionally turning up to present a trophy at Wimbledon and get curtseyed at by starry eyed mid ranking Lithuanian players who've spent too much time reading Cinderella or the Princess and the Pea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here