Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Price Changes

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yeah I too was being ripped off by the local sweetshop :censored:

I then saw a 6 pack for £1.20 in Asda and have never looked back!

To be fair, Asbo do have some good deals going on, if you can stand the chavs wandering around aimlessly!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Best idea is to avoid that type of food for your health and your wallet. They have always ben expensive for what they are and in comparison with other products. Use dto get a can of 7up for 20p and that was pricey in it's time.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I remember the days when penny sweets ACTUALLY cost a penny.

Pfft those were the days.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I remember being able to buy a cold can of coke from Maynards in Castle Square, to drink on the bus back home, for 10p. That was in the late 70s.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Milk is still quite cheap though. When we used to steal the neighbours milk money as kids we used to feel rich but its still only 40p a pint NOW.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I got told once that referring to it as 'pop' was a northern expression?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I remember the days when penny sweets ACTUALLY cost a penny.

Pfft those were the days.

and that was a penny with a d not a p..........and flapjacks and fruit salads were four for a penny (I hesitate to say a farthing each!)

Now those REALLY were the days :thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
and that was a penny with a d not a p..........and flapjacks and fruit salads were four for a penny (I hesitate to say a farthing each!)

Now those REALLY were the days :thumbsup:

Shut it old man.

:jester:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
From our vending machine at work Mars & Snickers are 45p, cans are 55p & bottles of coke and the like are 90p. Oasis and Lucozade are all a bit more expensive though.

At ours Mars, Twix and Snickers are 26p, the others like dairy milk, boost, etc are 35p, cans are 35p.

Dirt cheap.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Has Burger King ever been good value?

Even with those vouchers they hand out, there's always the feeling of being totally ripped off especially after having a couple of double whoppers and chips that comes to about £7.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'm not concerned it's 60p, the point I was making was that it's not "nearly a pound".
What would you call it anyway ???

A can of Coke, a can of 7up, a can of Dr Pepper etc.

If someone says to you can you get me a can of pop then surely you then have to ask them 'yes and what exactly do you want'? A can of pop is a bit generic innit?

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Polos used to be 20p, Wagon Wheels used to be twice the size, and 'Panda Pops' are the only fizzy drink you can safely call pop these days without ridicule.

This country is going to the dogs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here