Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preventing Violent Extremism

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
I've been told today that I've got £50,000 to spend on sports activities for Muslim groups, particularly aimed at young Muslims and 'preventing violent extremism'.

This has annoyed me because I have plenty of 'mainstream' clubs, groups etc. who are desperate for funding but I cannot give it to them.

Thoughts?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Buy them all season tickets at Withdean. We get the revenue and the soporific atmosphere will calm down any violent extremists.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Buy them all season tickets at Withdean. We get the revenue and the soporific atmosphere will calm down any violent extremists.

would give our crowd a boost too, I've heard we need more HARDCORE fans! :clap2:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I've been told today that I've got £50,000 to spend on sports activities for Muslim groups, particularly aimed at young Muslims and 'preventing violent extremism'.

This has annoyed me because I have plenty of 'mainstream' clubs, groups etc. who are desperate for funding but I cannot give it to them.

Thoughts?

This country is going to rat shit.

Spoke to a letting agent yesterday who told me that 60% of her business is now immigrants and of that number 50% turn up with a giro to cover their deposit and up to three months rent.

I abhor racism in any shape or form but these policies will only strengthen the core support for the BNP and other right wing groups.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This country is going rat shit.

Spoke to a letting agent yesterday who told me that 60% of her business is now immigrants and of that number 50% turn up with a giro to cover their deposit and up to three months rent.

I abhor racism in any shape or form but these policies will only strengthen the core support for the BNP and other right wing groups.

It which case 50% of the immigrants are irrelevant to the argument ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
But 50% are...............

Well done :D

Point is Harty is that what would have been less sensationalist, would be 30% of her customers are immigrants having their rent paid by the state.

Or 50% of 60% if you like :D

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Simple. You arrange for the Muslim groups to carry out these activities at the groups where you actually want to spend the money. The Muslim groups get minor advertising revenue, you spend the main bulk of the cash in upgrading the groups you want to spend it on, and when the Muslim groups lose interest or stop turning up, then the mainstream groups keep the facilities.

Sorted.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Well done :D

Point is Harty is that what would have been less sensationalist, would be 30% of her customers are immigrants having their rent paid by the state.

Or 50% of 60% if you like :D

And that's if we accept her stats to be true. As discussed on another letting agents are wankers and most likely rabid-Tory-fuckers

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Thoughts?

If these groups are mainstream, why do they need extra funding?

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
If these groups are mainstream, why do they need extra funding?

When I say mainstream I mean non-specific in terms of membership or provision. They are amateur sports clubs who all need funding to survive but because they are not Muslim-only groups or they don't focus on PVE then I can't channel money towards them.

Is this not positive discrimination?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Use it to buy tickets for them back to their countries of origin. That will reduce the chances of "violent extremism" here.

This country is going to rat shit.

What's the relevance of this to the topic raised by bathseagull?

Are you saying that all immigrants are muslims? Or even that most immigrants are muslims?

Are we talking about Worthing? If so ... have you forgotten the wave of immigrants who came to Worthing in past generations? Once upon a time, it was a destination of choice for Italian immigrants. Did they make the town turn to rat shit?

And do you REALLY think that a policy that tries to discourage young muslims from getting involved with extremism is a BAD thing? Why?

I agree with bathseagull, it is ridiculous. The best way to 'prevent violent extremism' is inclusion. OK spend some of the money on encouraging the Muslim community to take part in community sports groups, but spend the rest of it on improving the facilities for the group, which will in itself encourage more people (including Muslims) to take part.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Send 'em home and give the money to some poor English kids! and if there is any left over I'll have a Big Mac, a Coke and some f***ing diddy do-nuts. woop wooop!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
can you not use it to bring the two groups together?

What like a meal deal? Okay I'll have a Big Mac meal and an apple pie. The two groups, warm fat and lava heat fat are now together on one paper lined tray. Now hurry I need to get this brown plastic tray to my table before the apple sauce melts through and dissolves my feet. Can I see the nutritional information please? Nooo.

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Thoughts?

Swimming Costumes?

Attachments

• 060424_muslim_sports_big.jpg
    060424_muslim_sports_big.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 100

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here